The Mona Lisa Tarot

firefrost

gregory said:
above etc....) I'm getting a Medieval Scapini SET for less than I paid for the deck probably, and then I can always sell the deck but - but I am told the book is so good.... It didn't exist when I bought mine !

It was originally a post by 6 that praised the scapini book when I was looking to buy that prompted me to go for the set.

To get back on topic...

I've not looked into the Mona Lisa deck, but I will.

gregory

6 Haunted Days said:
Wow, thanks ever so much!

After seeing those cards, I'm for sure not waiting for the book Gregory :)
You won't regret it ! I read with it the other day - and although someone said somewhere here about how you can't read with a deck with ol' Mona wandering around purposelessly - it reads well, as well as being decorative.

firefrost

After seeing the cards - definitely a readable deck.

Jannelientje

Il really like the deck from what I have seen from the scans. I found the Universal Fantasy a bit to swirly and to much focussed on decoration rather than illustration. Some of these pictures I found truly innovating and yet very close the core card meanings. I also like that the card have a more renaissance-like framework (I for one always liked that kind of fantsy better. Oeffff. Tempting.

Suprisingly I very much like the Priestess card, here depicted as poppess. This time not a nature goddes or her servent, but a woman who can survive in and even lead the man-based organization. I like the devil, I think of him as a door-to-door salesman selling stuff you really don't need but certainly like on its appearence. The tower and the star are also very expressive. NOt a fan of the judgement cars, but then, I never am.

shadowdancer

I loved the UF deck, and like the look of this deck. However, I can't help but feel that the book may be an advantage as the images are quite a story in their own right, and somewhat different to the RWS. Still a lot there to use intuitively, but the deck would be an asset I reckon

Davina

BrightEye

So I looked at the scans and I'm intrigued. Is Mona Lisa also at times a man as well as Leonardo painting (as in the Hermit)?

Jannelientje

Can anyone tell me what the cart quality is?
I have heard some complaints earlier about the Universal Fantasy deck

gregory

I find the card quality perfectly fine. I have yet to have an issue with the card quality of anything from LS.

Here's the Hermit.Whether you think it's her as a man is up to you. I think not. Now Ric will show up and tell me I'm wrong....

Attachments

• mona lisa hermit.jpg
    mona lisa hermit.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 140