The Oracle Of Elves

missy

Le Carte delgi Elfi

I am curious about this deck, also known as Le Carte delgi Elfi.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/carte-degli-elfi/

From everything I read about this and the Le Carte delle Driadi, the Le Carte delgi Elfi seems like the superior deck.

It also seems that it is better to get these in German rather than Italian. From Jewel's post in the "Le Carte delle Driadi" thread, she quoted the following:

Jewel said:
On a side note, I also got the Italian version of the Elf Oracle, mainly for book but also hoping key words would be included as they are on the German version of the deck which they are not. The cards are of a thicker stock and squattier. I also prefer the quality of colors in the German version over the Italian. If you do not speak German or Italian but like the deck I would recommend the German version. It has everything and more than the Italian version, pretty borders, and is of a bit better card stock and printing quality. I will be looking to sell or trade my Italian version of the deck as it only includes the names of the Elfs and they are identical to the German version. I will however be keeping the book. Ohhhhhh, and the Elf Cards did not come with a box or a bag. The German version comes with a box.

So it seems the best version of this Elf Oracle to get is the German version.

Some questions. Does anyone think a publisher like Lo Scarabeo will publish this deck in English?

Can it truly be used for divination? I have some hesitation as I know zero German. My understanding is the names of the Elves are in English but the meanings, which for me are key, are in German. I would probably want to read with them knowing the meanings. If it were in English I could see using it for divination, but for on-the-fly readings, where one doesn't want to pull out a book or translator after one pulls every card, it seems a bit limiting.

But the artwork looks stunning!

Who has this deck and how do you find it? Do you actually use it, or does it just sit in a pile with your other decks?

Also, how big are the cards in inches?

Very curious about this one now. Please chime in!

Guiding Cauldron

Thank you for posting the translations; very helpful to me :)

*The links for translations on the first page are a bit mixed up as I only got to #20 before they started repeating themselves; I had to go through the posts to uncover the rest of the translations.

September Pixie

*The links for translations on the first page are a bit mixed up as I only got to #20 before they started repeating themselves; I had to go through the posts to uncover the rest of the translations.

I am not sure why that is exactly but I've noticed it too.. they are linked to the post count but they repeat, however, they are in order and if you just continue to scroll that should help :)