The Transparent Tarot is HERE!!!

Cerulean

Anyone studying the book at all?

The mentions of a sizeable text is what interested me. Has anyone delved into the information written on the deck? I'm curious how the text works for you if you are working through it at all.

But if you are not, then I'll wait and enjoy the book when my order shows up--hopefully sometime this week.

It's okay if no one has arrived to exploring this part of the deck set yet...sometimes people just like to play with new images. For me, being able to read text will increase my enjoyment of working with the fresh images.

I understand through reading here that the images are simple, but flexible---no worries on that. I am just eager to hear what works for you in the text as well!

Cerulean

rwcarter

FTR, I don't want anybody to think I'm excited about this deck or anything, OK? :laugh: This deck is really no big deal to me.... ;)

Anyway, there's something (else!) I keep forgetting to say about this deck. Normally the lack of detail in the figures in the pips would bother me, but in this deck I believe that's a plus. Take the 10 Wands since it came up in my Daily Draw today. You can't see the figure's face, so not only can't you tell its sex, you also can't tell whether it's expression is resigned, happy that it's almost reached the place where it can relieve itself of the burden, crying in pain, soldiering on bravely, etc.

Is the figure in the 9 Pentacles relaxing or has s/he fallen back in exhaustion? Is s/he balancing a pentacle in front of her/him, looking in a mirror or fanning him/herself on a hot day?

Is the figure in the 7 Cups overwhelmed by the choices before him/her or falling back in a drunken stupor?

Normally I would like a little more detail in the pip cards to help guide me to what interpretation to use. But in this deck, the lack of detail is actually an aid to intuitive reading and not a detriment!

Rodney

Marli

Cerulean said:
The mentions of a sizeable text is what interested me. Has anyone delved into the information written on the deck? I'm curious how the text works for you if you are working through it at all.

But if you are not, then I'll wait and enjoy the book when my order shows up--hopefully sometime this week.

It's okay if no one has arrived to exploring this part of the deck set yet...sometimes people just like to play with new images. For me, being able to read text will increase my enjoyment of working with the fresh images.

I understand through reading here that the images are simple, but flexible---no worries on that. I am just eager to hear what works for you in the text as well!

Cerulean

Hi Cerulean,

I have indeed been looking through the accompanying book and I find it's AWESOME:D - For the majors - Em explains how she landed at her decision for each image and then goes on to give some definitions on the card and closes by showing it in combination with 2 other cards and possible interrpretations of the CI (Combined Image)

The Minor Arcana is divided up by numbers and starts with an image of all of the suits combined for that number. There's alot of other helpful info included, but The book is HUGE! so I have not gone through it in anything close to it's entirety.. (Only reached to The Emperor) but so far I'm loving the whole experience! both of the cards and of the book

Cerulean

Thanks Rodney and Marli for the extra information!

This sounds quite fresh and absorbing.

I know this -turned-rainy-day (at least on the West Coast, upper quandrant) will be ideal for those dreamily laying out their transparent layers and curling up with a big book--ah, another treasure house of images to look forward to soon.

Catch you guys in other threads when my deck's here as well.

Best wishes until then,

Cerulean

All Is One

The little clear stickers that hold the top onto the bottom of the box do come undone during shipping, as Rodney said. But my cards were still sealed. I haven't used them with the white cloth yet.

I'm trying to figure out the perfect bag for this deck. I will have to buy one! But for now I'm keeping it in a new purple flannel Crown Royal bag. The purple matches the color of the forum. Purple is my favorite color. It's a huge bag....it holds the book as well.

Marli

All Is One said:
The little clear stickers that hold the top onto the bottom of the box do come undone during shipping, as Rodney said. But my cards were still sealed. I haven't used them with the white cloth yet.

I'm trying to figure out the perfect bag for this deck. I will have to buy one! But for now I'm keeping it in a new purple flannel Crown Royal bag. The purple matches the color of the forum. Purple is my favorite color. It's a huge bag....it holds the book as well.

Though this is a serious break from tradition for me, as I usually make a bag for each deck and then store them in a special wooden box I (then again this deck is anything but traditional)... I have to admit, so far I have kept mine in the original box - I just love that everything is in one perfect spot together and I LUV how it looks packaged.. thinking I may have to make a new wooden box and just line that with the cloth I would have used to make the bags (as soon as I figure that part out)... and yes, I know I am being a bit weird.. thing is, I don't care:D

Formicida

rwcarter said:
Hold some of the cards up to a light source (as opposed to against the white cloth) and see if that's still true.

All right, now I see it. It's pretty light on my deck, and I'd probably have described it as more of a powder than a film. I guess I need to find a suitable cloth to wipe it off with. (Some will already be gone--one thing I didn't mention is that I've already taken advantage of one of this deck's lesser-touted unique characteristics by spilling tea on it :bugeyed: Not sure how I managed to do that within the first 24 hours with this one when I've never done it with any other deck, but I'm glad it was this one.)

I'm seeing more and more as I use the cards that the difference can be quite noticeable. I'll have to measure the next one I notice, but it looked like it was a whole 1/16" off although it may have only been 1/32" off.

The difference doesn't bother me that much in CIs cause the offset could add some extra visual interest, especially when using two decks together. Imagine having two of the same card in the same orientation appear in the same CI and one is raised (or lowered) just slightly from the other, almost like an apparition or shadow....

It really is noticeable. I don't like it in the combined images because features toward the edges of the cards can be obscured, and for the majors that are built around the central circle it's distracting if the circle isn't all in the same place. Mostly, though, I worry about an image being in the "wrong" place relative to another card. (You probably aren't the only one who could be accused of having anal-retentive tendencies.)

Cerulean, I've flipped through the book and read the introductory sections and the back portion about reading, but not the card meanings. A lot of it looks like it's going to be nothing particularly special for those of us who've read a lot of companion books. The meanings in the majors are definitely going to be worth reading, though, for Emily's take on card combinations.

rwcarter

All Is One said:
The purple matches the color of the forum. Purple is my favorite color.
Say what?!?!?!?!?!?

No wonder we get along so well AIO! Purple is MY favorite color too!

Crown Royal bags, huh? I thought I inherited a collection of those from someone at some point (before I got into tarot) and I have no clue what happened to them....

I'm housing my double deck and white cloth in a large tarot bag (purple of course!) that I bought down in Santa Cruz.

Rodney

Netzach

I read 95% intuitively so I haven't looked at the book. But I have used the deck for two readings now - and it's blown my socks off both times. The amount of information that you can get from the combination of three or four cards that just isn't there if you look at the cards individually is phenomenal. This is such a brilliant concept. I have posted one of my readings with the deck here.

All Is One

Bags and Threads

rwcarter said:
Say what?!?!?!?!?!?

No wonder we get along so well AIO! Purple is MY favorite color too!

Crown Royal bags, huh? I thought I inherited a collection of those from someone at some point (before I got into tarot) and I have no clue what happened to them....

I'm housing my double deck and white cloth in a large tarot bag (purple of course!) that I bought down in Santa Cruz.

Rodney

I just ordered a whole bunch more of the purple bags, (and no, I don't drink) so if people want these for the transparent deck, you can pm me and we will work it out. Rodney, you will be getting an assortment. I ordered velvet as well. They will hold two decks and the book and the spread cloth, if they stated the size correctly, and they match the forum colors. :)

Where is the thread where we can discuss readings with this deck? And where do we go to discuss the cool images that come up when we make new CIs? Is there a study group for the deck yet?