The Transparent Tarot is HERE!!!

rwcarter

All Is One said:
Where is the thread where we can discuss readings with this deck? And where do we go to discuss the cool images that come up when we make new CIs? Is there a study group for the deck yet?
I'm awaiting a reply from one of the moderators about what should and shouldn't be included in the study group and whether some of the posts in this thread qualify as belonging to the study group. Once I get those answers, I'm going to create a TT General Discussion thread in the Deck Study forum. One of the big questions to which I'm awaiting an answer is about discussing CIs that aren't related to a specific reading. Netzach's CI should be discussed in that reading thread. But what about something like my (or your) CI avatar that didn't come into being because of a reading?

I've also asked about the appropriateness of attaching pics of CIs (moreso than individual cards) to posts in the study group threads. This is such a visual deck that someone who doesn't have it and is trying to keep up with the posts on it won't know what we're talking about.

Rodney

Netzach

Am I being particularly thick? What is a CI?

Barbaras Ahajusts

Bag, books, CI=Card Images

I still have some silk left over from my oldest daughter's wedding dress I made, so I am going to make a bag from it. Since I also have the galoon lace, I may just put it on the outside of the bag. Although, I don't want to put the book and the cards together, I may play with a two pocket bag. Like a satin & lace kangaroo pouch for the cards, attached to the card bag.

Maybe just put the galoon lace on the card section of the bag and in the book bag to having a linen lining, to protect the satin from the corners of the book.

After I embroidery the spread cloth with the butterfly from the Fool's card, I think the same, but smaller butterfly should adorn the bag, too.

Hum...sounds like a fun challenge.

The book is very well written. Not only am I enjoying it, but I can see more within the CI's from Em's point of view. The book, just like the cards, leave it completely up to you, to read, but there seems to be an advantage to her card discripts that open up a reading, for the want of more.
I may be biased, but this is what I am reaming from the book.

My only problem with the TT book or any book, on any subject, is I tend to jump all over the book. I start at one page & then before I know it, I am in the back of a book looking for something else. But that's just my hyper mind at work wanting to digest more and more as quick as I can! :laugh:

I'll be glad when I am feeling better so I can start my bag project. Right now I have a 3 layerd spread laying upon its cloth on the couch in the living room. I've left it setting there because everytime I look at it something else pops for me! I love that in any deck! :D:D:D

Barbara

rwcarter

Netzach said:
No, you're no being thick. But it seems like you haven't being reading my posts though.... ;)

This deck requires some new terminology:

SI = Standard Image (the way the cards are oriented right out of the box)
MI = Mirror Image (flipping the card 180 degrees vertically)
CI = Composite Image (the image formed by layering cards together)

I may have come up with more new terms, but those are the ones that jump out at me immediately.

Rodney

Marli

Netzach said:

CI Stands for Composite Images (the combined image seen when you overlap the cards directly on top of each other)..

MI is when you put the Cards on the "wrong side" in other words.. the king of Swords instead of him facing the right, you intentionally put him to face the left

FS is when the cards are being layed out in a film reel or film strip pattern

etc etc. if you look back in the thread you will see where Rodney was kind enough to explain it all

So many diff terms already, it's easy to be at a loss...

silverwings94

I'll be glad when I am feeling better so I can start my bag project. Right now I have a 3 layerd spread laying upon its cloth on the couch in the living room. I've left it setting there because everytime I look at it something else pops for me! I love that in any deck.

Barbara,
I hope that you get better real soon. I love your idea about embroidering the Fool card on a bag. That will be totally awesome ,I was thinking of some way of doing that myself but right now with my brain still scattered from my knee surgery I will be putting all ideas on hold till I can think straight.
I do the same thing with books. I can't stay in just one ares. I have to keep searching and reading as much as I can.I just love this deck. There are so many different possible ways of reading it. I have'nt had a chance to do a reading yet. Hopefully later today.
S

rwcarter

rwcarter said:
As I've said, I'm AR :D , so of course I already have an Excel spreadsheet setup to track 3 card daily draws and automatically sum how many times a card appears in each position and overall over the course of a year. If anyone would like a copy of the spreadsheet, just PM me with your email address and I'd be happy to send it along.
For those who may be interested in this Excel spreadsheet, there are now two versions of it, so if you PM me for a copy, please let me know which version you want.

The simpler version would be used for tracking upright cards only or if you didn't care about the orientation of a given card, only that the card appeared.

The advanced version would be used for tracking reversed cards or MI cards. The spreadsheet isn't specific to the TT, so it could be used with any 78 card deck.

It assumes Pentacles, Swords, Cups, Wands, Pages, Knights, Queens and Kings. If the deck you're using has different suit or court names, it's fairly easy to make the modifications yourself (although it can be rather time-consuming depending on how well you know Excel).

Rodney

Marli

New Storage Medium

Ok - so I am one of those people who proudly admits that I am AR - and in doing a reading this morning, I took a pic to send to the person - and it occured to me - That is how I plan to save my readings using the TT, so I labelled it numerically - then added a sheet to the excel file Rodney sent me and set it up accordingly...

How exciting! Soooo many diff things that have come from this deck being sooo different! :D

rwcarter

I just noticed some things about the cover of the book. I was waiting for my laptop to boot up, so I looked over at the book. All the images on the cover come from the Major Arcana. No biggee, but there are two copies of Justice in that image and that's the only card that's doubled. So once again I apparently unvented something that Em had already thought of - using two decks together....

The cover image also brings up another good point. What should we call the kind of image that's shown on the cover of the book? As explained in posts 194 and 195 (and elsewhere throughout the thread), we already have standard, mirror and composite images (SI, MI and CI respectively). Maybe call the cover image a free-form image? That would make it FI or FFI?

Back in post 180, I spoke about a way one could utilize the jumbled image (JI?) to identify the things that clutter a person's life and/or the things a person can get rid of to unclutter their life. The FI/FFI could be utilized to randomly lay out the cards and see which one(s) doesn't/don't seem to jibe with the others. Remove them and then see if the JI turns into a CI. Repeat the process of making FIs and removing the card(s) that don't jibe until the JI becomes a CI.

There are just WAY too many ways to use this deck! (And no, I'm not complaining. :D)

Rodney

silverwings94

Rodney,
I do hope that your getting some sleep in here while you are studying this awesome deck.I had just noticed the cover image also when I went to look at the book.I think this deck is going to be reissued many times over once people hear and see for themselves what a mystical deck this is.The possibilitied are endless in this deck.
Silverwings

rwcarter said:
I just noticed some things about the cover of the book. I was waiting for my laptop to boot up, so I looked over at the book. All the images on the cover come from the Major Arcana. No biggee, but there are two copies of Justice in that image and that's the only card that's doubled. So once again I apparently unvented something that Em had already thought of - using two decks together....

The cover image also brings up another good point. What should we call the kind of image that's shown on the cover of the book? As explained in posts 194 and 195 (and elsewhere throughout the thread), we already have standard, mirror and composite images (SI, MI and CI respectively). Maybe call the cover image a free-form image? That would make it FI or FFI?

Back in post 180, I spoke about a way one could utilize the jumbled image (JI?) to identify the things that clutter a person's life and/or the things a person can get rid of to unclutter their life. The FI/FFI could be utilized to randomly lay out the cards and see which one(s) doesn't/don't seem to jibe with the others. Remove them and then see if the JI turns into a CI. Repeat the process of making FIs and removing the card(s) that don't jibe until the JI becomes a CI.

There are just WAY too many ways to use this deck! (And no, I'm not complaining. :D)

Rodney