The Transparent Tarot is HERE!!!

SilentBreeze

I've tried that they are pretty scratched up and dirty. And the strange thing is that that the cards in the middle of the deck all are scratched. I can only see it in the light though.

I'm not really picky but I feel like amazon sent me a messed up copy.

Sidhe-Ra

Ooo, what a shame!

Marli

Scratches on the cards..

Marli said:
Ok - So after my son begged me to wait for him to finish bathing so he could see it with me as I opened it (he's 12) I was finally able to open my new deck last night!!!!

After having been silently following this thread, the first thing I did was hold the first 2 cards up to the light to see the "film" that covers the cards - and sure enough it has an odd feel to it, but I wiped it with a simple cotton shirt - and it came right off!

Now I had a question: the 2 top cards in my deck were loose when I got it - probably got free during shipping, and by ext the "Fool" card was scratched, I assumed from same - however in going through the deck to "clean" each card, I noticed that more than 3/4 of my deck has scratches on the plastic when you hold the cards up to the light - Did anyone else's deck come like this also?

In addition to which, as mentioned by some other folks here some of the cards have a very subtle "bubble" for lack of a better word that seems to run in a fine line across the cards and some also have the "grain" look on them where you see what looks like intensly deep scratches as though a cat took it's claws a hit the cards repeatedly... (thankfully I only have 3 cards where this is really really really noticeable), and just a few of the cards have a bleed in the top border.

My other deck is coming today, so when it gets here, I will def. have to see if it has the same issues as this... though I'm really hoping it doesn't and I that I just got a bum deck, as this deck has already become my "other" most favourite deck besides my Pearls of Wisdom - not too mention for the price I paid for it (the equivalent of $258 tt dollars per deck) - as childish as it may sound, I want to be the one, if anyone at all to put scratches on it :( - I think Schiffer should have examined a little more carefully the sheets they were using or sending out before they were sealed.... I will let you guys know when I get my other deck today..

Ok - now that I have gotten that bit of ranting out of the way, Let me just say I LOVE THIS DECK!!!! Em, you rock! Since I have gotten the deck all of my friends are bugging me to read for them 1st! Though I have to admit I did not actually get a chance to read with them last night as wiping it down took quite a while, since I was weird enough to really take my time and use the opportunity to introduce myself to each individual card! Now that the meet and greet is out of the way - I wish so was my work day - so that I could go home to my latest treasure!!!!!! The colours are sooo vibrant up against the white cloth, the book is FANFREAKINTASTIC!!! Seriously!!!:D - and my mind is in overload with all of the possibilities of reading both with the individual deck as well as with both copies of it - though I'm not quite sure if my hands are big enough to manage both decks at the same time, but I will try to follow in Rodney's footsteps ;)

Em, I sincerly hope that you did not think my comments on the actual finish were directed to you at all - as to me the responsibility for the final product distributed lies with Schiffer.

(((((((EM)))))))

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! for this amazing deck.. I have been watching as it was created.. did the agonising pre-order wait and now finally have this masterpiece in my possession... It's is now in a distinct tie for my all time favourite deck - shared only with the Pearls of Wisdom!

Rodney,

Thank you for all tha you have shared thus far.. Sooo many ideas and things to try, I am like a child on Christmas morning, who has just gotten the present she has been asking for all year!:D :D :D

Silent Breeze,

I had the same problem with my 1st deck as well - but I am happy to report that you mostly noticed it when you held them up to the light - only 3 of the cards are blatantly noticeable.. though when you put it against the cloth (THANKFULLY) you don't see them!

Marli

Scratches on the cards..

Marli said:
Ok - So after my son begged me to wait for him to finish bathing so he could see it with me as I opened it (he's 12) I was finally able to open my new deck last night!!!!

After having been silently following this thread, the first thing I did was hold the first 2 cards up to the light to see the "film" that covers the cards - and sure enough it has an odd feel to it, but I wiped it with a simple cotton shirt - and it came right off!

Now I had a question: the 2 top cards in my deck were loose when I got it - probably got free during shipping, and by ext the "Fool" card was scratched, I assumed from same - however in going through the deck to "clean" each card, I noticed that more than 3/4 of my deck has scratches on the plastic when you hold the cards up to the light - Did anyone else's deck come like this also?

In addition to which, as mentioned by some other folks here some of the cards have a very subtle "bubble" for lack of a better word that seems to run in a fine line across the cards and some also have the "grain" look on them where you see what looks like intensly deep scratches as though a cat took it's claws a hit the cards repeatedly... (thankfully I only have 3 cards where this is really really really noticeable), and just a few of the cards have a bleed in the top border.

My other deck is coming today, so when it gets here, I will def. have to see if it has the same issues as this... though I'm really hoping it doesn't and I that I just got a bum deck, as this deck has already become my "other" most favourite deck besides my Pearls of Wisdom - not too mention for the price I paid for it (the equivalent of $258 tt dollars per deck) - as childish as it may sound, I want to be the one, if anyone at all to put scratches on it :( - I think Schiffer should have examined a little more carefully the sheets they were using or sending out before they were sealed.... I will let you guys know when I get my other deck today..

Ok - now that I have gotten that bit of ranting out of the way, Let me just say I LOVE THIS DECK!!!! Em, you rock! Since I have gotten the deck all of my friends are bugging me to read for them 1st! Though I have to admit I did not actually get a chance to read with them last night as wiping it down took quite a while, since I was weird enough to really take my time and use the opportunity to introduce myself to each individual card! Now that the meet and greet is out of the way - I wish so was my work day - so that I could go home to my latest treasure!!!!!! The colours are sooo vibrant up against the white cloth, the book is FANFREAKINTASTIC!!! Seriously!!!:D - and my mind is in overload with all of the possibilities of reading both with the individual deck as well as with both copies of it - though I'm not quite sure if my hands are big enough to manage both decks at the same time, but I will try to follow in Rodney's footsteps ;)

Em, I sincerly hope that you did not think my comments on the actual finish were directed to you at all - as to me the responsibility for the final product distributed lies with Schiffer.

(((((((EM)))))))

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! for this amazing deck.. I have been watching as it was created.. did the agonising pre-order wait and now finally have this masterpiece in my possession... It's is now in a distinct tie for my all time favourite deck - shared only with the Pearls of Wisdom!

Rodney,

Thank you for all tha you have shared thus far.. Sooo many ideas and things to try, I am like a child on Christmas morning, who has just gotten the present she has been asking for all year!:D :D :D

Silent Breeze,

I had the same problem with my 1st deck as well - but I am happy to report that you mostly noticed it when you held them up to the light - only 3 of the cards are blatantly noticeable.. though when you put it against the cloth (THANKFULLY) you don't see them!

I did order a 2nd copy and that one was not as bad as the 1st, for which I was totally grateful as sending them back to Amazon from here (Trinidad) would cost practically the price of the deck because of the weight..

I have come to think of it as "adding character" to my deck!

sorry.. I only just realised that I stupidly posted this x2 when I thought I was editing the 1st one

SilentBreeze

Marli said:
Silent Breeze,

I did order a 2nd copy and that one was not as bad as the 1st, for which I was totally grateful as sending them back to Amazon from here (Trinidad) would cost practically the price of the deck because of the weight..

I have come to think of it as "adding character" to my deck!

sorry.. I only just realised that I stupidly posted this x2 when I thought I was editing the 1st one

hmm, so maybe it is worth my effort to return it and get an new one. or maybe get a new one, since I've been playing with this set too much and now I'm attached.

Marli

SilentBreeze said:
hmm, so maybe it is worth my effort to return it and get an new one. or maybe get a new one, since I've been playing with this set too much and now I'm attached.

To be honest, the last time i had a defective deck - I sent Amazon an email explaining what in my opinion was the problem, they told me to return it - no questions asked - and sent me a relacement deck for free.. though you will have to pay the shipping from you to them, but if you're already attached.. then a back-up deck never hurt anyone ;) not too mention, quite a few other people here have recieved some with scratches as well - so there are no guarantees maybe that's just one of the things that you run the risk of using plastic?! regardless, this deck rocks and I would be hard pressed to part with mine...

Hope this was helpful to you

Asher

I LOVE this deck...

scratches and all. Mine is well cut, the edges line up like they're designed to, the film disappears with handling & a bit of wiping, and the scratches are only visible when u hold the cards up to the light, which I have no intention of doing. The artwork is perfectly visible on the spread cloth. I spent all day yesterday creating CIs with various cards and telling stories about the images.

This deck is so incredible! So unlike anything I have ever seen or used. I want to share it with my Tarot Circle this weekend, but I'll be the only one touching it!

Thanks Em, for this amazing deck!!!

Asher

rwcarter

I got my replacement deck from AIO (she had it mailed to me directly from Amazon and it arrived yesterday whereas the decks I pre-ordered from Amazon still haven't arrived....) All the cards are there and there was the same general weirdness I saw with the other decks, but in this one, the cutting of the cards in the brick was noticeably strange. It's hard to describe, but there's a slight unevenness/cutting discoloration along all four sides of the brick. It's not that noticeable in individual cards, but it's quite noticeable in the brick. I think it will disappear with using the cards though.

Got sidetracked with dealing with ear mite treatment for our two dogs last night, but I hope to get something started for the study group tonight. Keep your eyes on this space for more info and/or a link.

Rodney

SilentBreeze

I guess they all are scratched up. The only reason I was gonna exchange it was I thought amazon ripped me off, but other then that they are really cool. I love the film strip method, its really fun looking at the story it makes....

Cerulean

Amazon LLC order arrived with the box half-open...

...hanging together by transparent tape. The boxed set was intact and the book, cloth and cards were secure.

I had come home from work a bit later...I was making dinner for nephew, etc., but I had alerted my husband (who was home early) to expect a package that we might have to sign for...he was able to sign for it and told me to check it, as it arrived half-open...

Halfway through dinner, I did have time to sit down and glance at the intact box...and then two hours later when I had a bit of time, I opened the box. The book seens necessary to get the design background and to help people figure out layout schemes--at least I believe it's necessary.

I'm afraid that I'll have to clean the 78 cards rather well because the scratches and a kind of foggy film seems to distract me--but if you place the plastic cards against a white cloth, the layout doesn't show all the minor glitches...

Sorry for being so tired out tonight...I'll have to get to this later when I have time! Thanks for the beautiful threads and related links so I can check this out...

Ceruleam