This will show how little I know about tarot...

SunChariot

tigerlily said:
Personally, I find that dark colours let the images stand out and shine. Don't use silk, it's incredibly slippery - I recommend velvet.

Ooooh velvet! What a nice idea! I might have to try that. :grin:

Babs

beachcomb

Logiatrix said:
I don't know specifically if it is "wrong" to use Tibetan prayer flags with one's cards, but I was taught that they are sacred and should be treated accordingly. They are not to be used for mundane purposes, such as for simple decoration or like normal cloth or worn as clothing. They are supposed to be hung high and available to the wind so as to send the prayers to the whole world. The prayers travel as the script on the flags fade from exposure to the elements.
QUOTE]

while not on the subject of the OP thanks for this info about the prayer flags...

ok back on topic. i don't read on anything special sometimes its on my laptop keyboard, or on my dorm floor,or in bed, sometimes outside on the grass. my feeling is as long as its clean its fine because really its about you and the cards and your time together and what feels right to you.

if you want something special to help you get into that head space do it, its really about what makes you happy.

tigerlily

I'm currently exercising my physical handling of the cards: shuffling without cards flying everywhere :| making a fan or ribbon on the cloth, and I disovered that velvet also helps if you want to fan out the cards (if you don't want to cut the deck to deal the cards for your spread; with a fan or ribbon you can pick your cards from all over the deck). If you use silk or the surface of your table, the cards will slip or clump.