What Do You Say You Do?

TheOld

Hi,
what i do is so large that i simply say that I'm a consultant, helping peoples underdstand their life and becoming cause over it.

i think we should not break the reality of other peoples (that's what we call a paradox) and too much paradox cause a negative feedback anyhow.

Have great fun
TheOld

nisaba

TheOld said:
Hi,
what i do is so large that i simply say that I'm a consultant, helping peoples underdstand their life and becoming cause over it.
"and becoming cause over it"? I'm sorry, I don't understand.

minrice

Cupid's Heart said:
I think being upfront and honest is the only way to dispell the myth that tarot readers and/or psychics are not scary or strange people... just misunderstood by most...

This is why I'm upfront about working as a psychic, but admittedly I only say that when I'm asked what it is I do. I say Psychic, and that specifically I do Tarot and intuitive consulting.

celticnoodle

nisaba said:
Depends on the person.

Whatever I say, though, I say it with complete pride and matter-of-factness, and not a trace of embarrassment or apology.

just like me. It really depends on the person. I have yet to tell my Priest or some of my very strict religious friends--or even some of my very strictly religious family members. yes, I come from a psychic family--but some in my family do not accept this as anything more then working w/the devil. :rolleyes: And, I don't relish the idea of being excommunicated either. :eek:

but, I did slip once at my drs. office, when I went in for an appt., registered at the desk, and the receptionist was just about to ask me an unrelated question, and I 'heard' it before she even asked, and before I could think, I answered her before she even asked it.

she looked at me rather queerly and said, "Gosh, N! are you psychic or something?"

well, I didn't have to tell her, but I figured what the heck? "yes, I am, actually." and that of course not only got everyones attention in the office and the waiting room, but also gave me some new clients! :D

so, sometimes it's worth not hiding...it just depends, I guess.

cupids heart said:
I think being upfront and honest is the only way to dispell the myth that tarot readers and/or psychics are not scary or strange people... just misunderstood by most...

well unfortunately, even some of my siblings who were raised by a psychic mother, and had a psychic grandmother and aunts and uncles still consider those of us who practice our skills as 'scary or strange'. :p

My young niece and nephew once confided to me that when I come to visit, their mother always reminds them to not 'let the neighbors or their friends know about Auntie N". and, its all because of my psychic and tarot reading abilities. :p