what is your soul and personality card?

Tango

starrystarrynight said:
True. I can see that. But, also, the number is 5, and fives have a tendency to shake things up, affect change (sometimes in a rebellious or unwelcome way), and, in effect, upset the apple cart.

All the while, though, I think there is a learning element with fives (you're leaving the staid, closed-in, and relatively calm realm of a four), so, an intellectual change of viewpoint is indicated, maybe, more than, say, taking over the administration building and performing a sit-in. [Okay, that ages me...I was a radical child of the sixties. Guilty as charged! LOL]

So, I think we may be here to learn spiritually and shake our own worlds up in the process.

The Fives do indeed have a tendency to create a maelstrom. I also think it's important to note that some astrological associations assign Sagittarius to the Heirophant. I think this is fairly fitting since Sagittarius is associated with movement and wanderlust and being elsewhere. Such behavior often causes a stir within an established society or way of thinking.

moderndayruth

Help!

Personality Cards and Soul Card = Hermit :THERM
Shadow/Creativity Card = The Moon :TMOON

Can someone tell me how to calculate my year's card? :confused:

Do you add month/ day/year of birth + current year (2+0+0+8= 1)

or it's
month/day of birth + current year ???
(I was born 6.4.1970.) Which is my year card? :confused:

StellarMyst

The Empress. She's always the one to pop-up in representing me in any spread I do with the Fenestra deck - which, I absolutely love!

~StellarMyst

Diorbhail

moderndayruth said:
Personality Cards and Soul Card = Hermit :THERM
Shadow/Creativity Card = The Moon :TMOON

Can someone tell me how to calculate my year's card? :confused:

Do you add month/ day/year of birth + current year (2+0+0+8= 1)

or it's
month/day of birth + current year ???
(I was born 6.4.1970.) Which is my year card? :confused:

Maybe I'm getting confused MDR but according to Mary Greer, if your dob is 6.4.1970 calculations are as follows.

6 + 4 + 1970 = 1980
1 + 9 + 8 + 0 = 18 = Personality Card - Moon

Then to obtain Soul Card you reduce the 18 to 9 - Hermit

For your year card the calculation is 6 + 4 + 2008 = 2018
2 + 0 + 1 + 8 = 11 - Justice.

Again according to Mary Greer if your birth date adds up to a 14,15,16,17 or 18 you have no Hidden Factor Card. These numbers are called the "Nightime" cards.To quote from her book Tarot for Your Self - "The shadow aspects are therefore an integral part of the personality of those whose birthday adds up to a Nightime card, but with an added element of naturalness, trust, or fascination regarding the shadow in their lives." :)

celticnoodle

pope22 said:
Oh, so as not to have to come back and edit, i stopped and figured mine out:
d.o.b. 11/22/1983,,so that would be...18 and 9:

The Moon and The Hermit...now i'll have to go find what this says about me ^_^
Hey, you & I have the same cards. My DOB is 10-01-1960, so it adds up to 18 & 9 also. Also we are the same as Moderndayruth!

I feel the Moon is another sign for using our intuition. According to 13's Tarot Basic here on AT, (and I quote)
the Moon is all about visions and illusions, madness, genius and poetry. This is a card that has to do with sleep, and so with both dreams and nightmares. It is a scary card in that it warns that there might be hidden enemies, tricks and falsehoods. But it should also be remembered that this is a card of great creativity, of powerful magic, primal feelings and intuition. It can also result in great creativity, psychic powers, visions and insight. They can and should trust their intuition.
so, it sounds pretty good to me! :)

As for the hermit, again I quote 13's Tarot Basics from AT-
Represented by Virgo, the Hermit is a card of introspection, analysis and, well, virginity. It is a time to think, organize, ruminate, take stock. There may be feelings of frustration and discontent during this time of withdrawal. But such times lead to enlightenment, illumination, clarity. In regards to people, the Hermit represents a wise, inspirational person, friend, teacher, therapist, someone the Querent usually sees alone, someone the rest of the Querent's friends and family may not know about. This a person who can shine a light on things that were previously mysterious and confusing. They will help the Querent find what it is they are seeking.
Most of this does sound like me! :D

One of the important things about this card is that the Hermit is always shown on the move, he's always out wandering, searching. The Hermit is the restless mind of the Virgo, always gathering information, analyzing, making connections. Virgos are skeptics. The Hermit is a card of connections and enlightenment.
the only part of this that doesn't sound like me is "virgos are skeptics". This is not me, but the rest of it fits! :D

10 + 01 + 2008 = 2019, which is 12. This is the Hanged Man. this is my year card. So, it's a card about reflections and sacrifice.

MareSaturni

My personality card...is number eleven. But should i take this as the Justice, or as the Strength? RWS or Marseilles?

Any help?

~Marina

moderndayruth

Diorbhail said:
Maybe I'm getting confused MDR but according to Mary Greer, if your dob is 6.4.1970 calculations are as follows.

6 + 4 + 1970 = 1980
1 + 9 + 8 + 0 = 18 = Personality Card - Moon

Then to obtain Soul Card you reduce the 18 to 9 - Hermit

For your year card the calculation is 6 + 4 + 2008 = 2018
2 + 0 + 1 + 8 = 11 - Justice.

Again according to Mary Greer if your birth date adds up to a 14,15,16,17 or 18 you have no Hidden Factor Card. These numbers are called the "Nightime" cards.To quote from her book Tarot for Your Self - "The shadow aspects are therefore an integral part of the personality of those whose birthday adds up to a Nightime card, but with an added element of naturalness, trust, or fascination regarding the shadow in their lives." :)

Diorbhail, thank you so much!!! :heart:
Yes, you are right, the personality card is Moon... however spooky it is ;)
I've just found out about 'personality card' in this thread, probably that's why i confused everything... And i wandered why does the Moon 'hunt' me... :D
You rock! Thanks a lot!
Love&Light
mdr

moderndayruth

He, he, i skipped this post initially... cause i ran to LEARN section to study Thirteen's meanings ;)

celticnoodle said:
Hey, you & I have the same cards. My DOB is 10-01-1960, so it adds up to 18 & 9 also. Also we are the same as Moderndayruth!.
Love and Light to my karmic brothers and sisters :heart:
... so, how is everything? ;)

celticnoodle said:
I feel the Moon is another sign for using our intuition.
Yes. And dreams. And about being... you know... a bit odd :D

celticnoodle said:
As for the hermit, again I quote 13's Tarot Basics from AT-
Most of this does sound like me! :D
Likewise ;) I have to do some maths now, to see what my respective year cards were, cause i was extremely social and outgoing untill couple of years ago, it's lately that i began seeking solitude and silence... But i did ask questions like 'what's the meaning of life' from the very beggining ;)

celticnoodle said:
the only part of this that doesn't sound like me is "virgos are skeptics". This is not me, but the rest of it fits! :D.
Well, i guess that's defenitely truth of most Virgos... Don't know, it's not so easy to put into words... Before i did basically believe most of the things i was told and now... I am not sure it's called sceptical, but i somehow intuitively feel whether someone/something is true or fake :confused:

celticnoodle said:
10 + 01 + 2008 = 2019, which is 12. This is the Hanged Man. this is my year card. So, it's a card about reflections and sacrifice.
I can't remember where i read it, but one of the countless meanings of HM is that it's beneficial to practice Yoga ;)
And what do you say about Justice as year card? Balancing? Karma? Hmmmm...

celticnoodle

moderndayruth said:
Yes. And dreams. And about being... you know... a bit odd :D
who me??? :laugh: yes, it's true. I've been called "odd" before. also 'unique'. I prefer the latter. :laugh:

moderndayruth said:
Likewise ;) I have to do some maths now, to see what my respective year cards were, cause i was extremely social and outgoing untill couple of years ago, it's lately that i began seeking solitude and silence... But i did ask questions like 'what's the meaning of life' from the very beggining ;)
OMG! Well, just about 3yrs. ago is when I became sort of like the hermit. By choice, really. We moved to a new state/home and not knowing anyone, it was a time I used for reflection, and read and studied and really really enjoyed the solitude! The social butterfly in me ceased pretty much at this time.

moderndayruth said:
Well, i guess that's defenitely truth of most Virgos... Don't know, it's not so easy to put into words... Before i did basically believe most of the things i was told and now... I am not sure it's called sceptical, but i somehow intuitively feel whether someone/something is true or fake :confused:
Well, I'm a libra. I always can see both sides of every issue! LOL!

[/quote]
I can't remember where i read it, but one of the countless meanings of HM is that it's beneficial to practice Yoga ;)
And what do you say about Justice as year card? Balancing? Karma? Hmmmm...[/QUOTE]:laugh: Yoga! interesting, because I've always been interested in yoga, and have tried it off and on over the years since HS. Not of late though. However, I do meditate often, and I sort of see this with the HM, don't you?

Justice card? Well, that is really me! I'm a libra. I see it as balanced, but also as indecisive. I see both sides of an issue all the time. I can't make a decision when faced with an 'this or that' - 'either/or'. It drives me nuts when faced with that! :laugh: However, I recall this coming up before in a thread about libras. Though I can be a bit indecisive, I'm not like that 100% of the time with all things. I think I just force myself to make a decision and live with it.

well, cool! glad my karmic sis can identify with this too.

Willow Huntermoon

My Personality and Soul Card is Strength