• Thin borders, subtle borders

Votes: 28 35.4%
  • Borders that have all sorts of info added and are a huge part of the card

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • No preference

Votes: 22 27.8%

• Total voters

ScarabFlight

Decorated small borders are ok, no borders is ok, the borders with all the words in seven languages AND with key words...ick.

I really don't like white borders, very distracting for me. I really like borders that are a yellowish/ brownish color. It makes the deck seem more used and more like heirlooms. The stark white borders scream "Hey! I'm new!!"

That's my opinion. :)

Gerbear

THe borders can be present or not, any color, any size, with or without keywords. I don't require that any part of tarot or any other discipline fit into the small confines of my world. Being on a quest for knowledge means to me that I break down preconceptions, not re-enforce them, in my journey towards growth and discovery.

Emily

Borders don't really bother me, if fact sitting here I can only think of one deck that I own that I know doesn't have borders and that would be the Morgan Greer, ahh also the Rider Waite doesn't have borders. i don't really notice the borders unless they have anything in them, like the Quest or the Diamond Tarot.

But on the whole no kind of border would put me off if I liked the artwork contained within the card. :)

SongDeva

I got the I Am One Tarot recently in a trde. The borders dominate these really interesting images....card name in four languages, key word in two. Yeesh!
I might blow them up.
I might do the same with the MerryDay, though I like its borders.

smokey

I like the way the 'slim', almost non-exsistent_ black borders outside the golden frame is on the "TARoT of Timeless Truth";... as if ..looking into a window!

SongDeva

This is what I like about the Arthurian Tarot..the arch-shaped borders look like windows or portals.

SongDeva

Thank you Gardener

for adding the Blue Rose!

Kiama

The Witches Tarot, published by Llewellyn has no borders.

Personally, I have no preference, though I can see why having no borders might be a benefit: it would look more like the cards were blending into each other in a reading, possibly making it easier to weave them together.

What I don't like however, is black borders... Every deck I have used that has black borders has looked really terrible after a few shuffles, and started to 'fray', revealing white spots all over the place. I prefer white spots, because they don't look as terrible when they get worn... They just look old. :D

Blessings,

Kiama

SongDeva

I'm bumping, cause I'd like to give other decks without borders a chance to be "outed." hehehehe

Also would like to give more a chance to vote.

BlueLotus

I noticed that The Tarot of Timeless Truth which I received a couple of days ago almost has no borders.

The pictures on the cards extend as far away as the four corners of the cards even though there is a definite thick black border framing these cards.