• Borders that have all sorts of info added and are a huge part of the card

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • No preference

Votes: 22 27.8%

• Total voters

Cerulean

One oracle deck without borders in combination readings

Dream cards without borders

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...ER&vi=pictures&img=1#more-pictures/aeclectic/

I'm using these atmospheric, rather large cards as backdrops and using the moody Secrets Deck almost like 'window' panels between them...so the white borders are helpful to highlight the tarot. However I may get an extra deck at some point and snip them off for a more interactive view.

I'm still experimenting, but I've cut off borders of my copy of the Via Tarot and like it much better. I did the same for the Tavaglione Stairs of Gold, Clive Barrett's Ancient Egyptian and my copy of the Sharman Caselli...but I found it only effective in my bolder, deep-colored Via. I've seen someone do it to a Thoth deck and it looks very nice. If you really know your deck, it works well.

Regards,

Cerulean

SongDeva

Mari,
You do the neatest things with cards.
Thanks for your input; I'm adding it to the list.
Also, Feebie, I've added Timeless Truth to the Overflow category!

Sd

Ravenswing

hey Cerulean...

...nice to find out someone else is a frequent snipper. :D I'm really lousy with scissors. I use a metal straight-edge and hobby knife-- lots of pressure and a smooth, quick slice.

I started removing the border from my Thoth, but slipped on Adjustment. :( (Almost fitting) I'm going to wait a bit to try my new one.

The Gill deck is incredible without borders-- ask Pollux. The cards free up so much.

The Robin Wood works well; you loose a smidge on the banner on the majors. And the cards are suprisingly smaller; almost a mini-deck.

The Diamond Tarot becomes a walk-in. Real neat depth.

I may snip my Via-- sounds like an improvement...

fly well
Raven

smokey

The Blue Moon.

Please add one of my faves?
The Blue Moon has no borders.
I checked... I don't think I saw it listed.
Thanks!

SongDeva

Smokey, I just happen to be checking in. :) Adding the Blue Moon now.
Anybody else?