Why do people see The World negatively?

Zephyros

As long as one is comfortable with the idea that it is an impermanent resting place in a larger cycle of "becoming," the fact that it may be experienced as topically "negative" becomes irrelevant. To the average seeker, though, I suppose an "ending" that doesn't culminate in completion or fulfillment is a disappointment, and therefore negative in character.

Which is why some esoteric meanings need to be "raped" somewhat in order to make sense in a reading. Waite knew this, but in my opinion I don't really think he dealt with the problem satisfactorily in the PKT.

nisaba

Rarely have I heard people speaking well of this card.
Well, so far in the poll, it's 34 people seeing it positive as opposed to only four people seeing it as negative.

re-pete-a

I couldn't find the NEUTRAL button.... anywhere

nisaba

Neutral is a non-sequiteur. I was more interested in the polarised reactions.

re-pete-a

Well... that leaves me in neutral and a non runner...Where's PARK ?

frejasphere

To me, The World is that insightful and often exciting breath of air that fills my lungs as one phase ends and a new one is about to begin... :)

re-pete-a

Which is why some esoteric meanings need to be "raped" somewhat in order to make sense in a reading. Waite knew this, but in my opinion I don't really think he dealt with the problem satisfactorily in the PKT.

Hence the Pictorial Tarot cards ... to give all that the cards speak to a better understanding of them. Just look at what that World card has dug up...Awesome

Sar

I think it is more like beginnings can be frightning.

ravenest

Hence the Pictorial Tarot cards ... to give all that the cards speak to a better understanding of them. Just look at what that World card has dug up...Awesome

All Trumps are 'pictorial' .... arent they ?