Yes or No?

Sophie

Last night I used Gavriela's spread with Lenormand. The answer and the outcome illustrated to me the importance how we formulate the question in yes/no questions. It was almost funny!

A while ago I contacted someone about some information and guidance I need, and he replied. He also suggested we meet, since we were 4 hours apart - not too much for what is an important (spiritual) subject.

I answered saying it would be good to meet and suggesting dates; and received no reply. A couple of weeks later - last Monday - I wrote again. Still no reply. So last night at about midnight, as I was going to bed, I asked "will he reply my last two emails?" The question was set in the future.

The answer was a categorical NO. I spent some time trying to figure out why, and then went to sleep. This morning, I found an email from him. I was pleased, but disappointed about the spread. The answer was wrong!

Then I figured out what had happened. He sent his email at 9 pm. That means that by the time I did the spread he had already answered - and so the question, set in the future, was of course not the right one - hence the answer no: he was not going to answer in the future my last two emails, because he had already answered them. If I'd asked "has he answered?" I am guessing I'd have got a yes.

That also shows the peril of yes/no questions!

Sade

Gavriela said:
Mary Greer posted an old one from Fate Magazine on her blog, but the layout was a bit wonky. I reorganised it for an oracle deck I have, but it works with tarot, too. .

I know I'm late but I just wanted to say that I tried this spread and it is great!
Thanks for sharing Gavriela :)