Zodiac sign attributes of world?

Richard

In my post I meant that the astrological attribute of the World is Saturn. I incorrectly wrote Zodiac sign. It must have been late. Twelve of the Trumps are Signs, Seven are Planets, and three are Elements. Sometimes the World has both a Planetary and an Elemental attribute, namely Saturn and Earth.

Whether or not Qabalah was originally associated with Tarot, it was discovered that there is what I would call an isomorphism between them. I.e., there is a structural equivalence. The astrological and elemental attributes of Tarot were inherited from this Qabalistic equivalence. They were not tacked onto the Tarot cards. For example, the Hierophant has the attribute Taurus. This is not because someone thought that it was cool to assign Taurus to the Hierophant. It is because when you line up the Trumps in the order Fool, Magician, Priestess, Empress, Emperor, Hierophant, Lovers, etc., the Hierophant is the sixth card. According to Qabalah, the sixth letter of the Hebrew alphabet has the Taurus attribute. The amazing thing is that when the Tarot Trumps are thus paired with the Hebrew alphabet, the Qabalistic attributes of the Hebrew letters also are appropriate for the corresponding Trumps (with at most four possible exceptions). This is far beyond what probability theory would predict.

mahafrins

In my post I meant that the astrological attribute of the World is Saturn. I incorrectly wrote Zodiac sign. It must have been late. Twelve of the Trumps are Signs, Seven are Planets, and three are Elements. Sometimes the World has both a Planetary and an Elemental attribute, namely Saturn and Earth.

Whether or not Qabalah was originally associated with Tarot, it was discovered that there is what I would call an isomorphism between them. I.e., there is a structural equivalence. The astrological and elemental attributes of Tarot were inherited from this Qabalistic equivalence. They were not tacked onto the Tarot cards. For example, the Hierophant has the attribute Taurus. This is not because someone thought that it was cool to assign Taurus to the Hierophant. It is because when you line up the Trumps in the order Fool, Magician, Priestess, Empress, Emperor, Hierophant, Lovers, etc., the Hierophant is the sixth card. According to Qabalah, the sixth letter of the Hebrew alphabet has the Taurus attribute. The amazing thing is that when the Tarot Trumps are thus paired with the Hebrew alphabet, the Qabalistic attributes of the Hebrew letters also are appropriate for the corresponding Trumps (with at most four possible exceptions). This is far beyond what probability theory would predict.

this is very interesting.

mahafrins

What is your interpretation of The World card as in describing who your 'soul mate' is?

for me it was saturn so no zodiac but a birth chart with saturn influence. But somewhere i felt may be scorpio.

agent199

Previously I had said that The World is for The Devil.

Which is saying, Saturn rules Capricorn.
Saturn is the ruling planet on a Capricorn's birth chart.

Is that the kind of lead you are looking for?

mahafrins

Previously I had said that The World is for The Devil.

Which is saying, Saturn rules Capricorn.
Saturn is the ruling planet on a Capricorn's birth chart.

Is that the kind of lead you are looking for?

Yea sum what but i think we will leave to saturn.

Richard

this is very interesting.
When I finally realized what was going on between the 22 Trumps and the 22 letters of the Hebrew alphabet, I was astounded by the mathematical improbability of the correlations, and my natural scientific skepticism was irreparably damaged. Therefore I have come to believe (with a few reservations) in the Golden Dawn's system of correspondences between Tarot and Qabalah. This sheds light not only on Tarot, but reciprocally on other Qabalistically related esoteric disciplines, such as astrology, and alchemy.