The Touchstone Tarot Study Group

Templar Girl

Please include me in the study group as well. I have fallen in love with the Touchstone. Something different about the characters and their faces each time I use it.
TG

Feretian

Templar Girl said:
...Something different about the characters and their faces each time I use it.
TG
I have only seen a few examples from the deck. It's elegant and well-crafted, but it's the characters that prevent me from wanting to use it! I am fascinated by portraits...they are real people who lived at one time (as opposed to the more generalized illustrative decks) and when I look into their faces, I read personalities into them based on people I have known. I think it would adversely affect my interpretations.There's some direction of study that groups peoples' facial characteristics in patterns or archetypes- a grouping that is read across all races, and is supposedly finite. Now I have to go look that up. Enjoy your study group, everyone!

All Is One

What Is Feretian Babbling About Now?

What you just described was so interesting that if you don't come back and share.....

Well, let's just say that you should, uh, come back and tell us more about that.

morticia monroe

I'd love to make a few loops with y'all and discuss the TT....sign me up.

GryffinSong

I'm in!!! :D

All Is One

Whooooo hoooooo!

This party (uh, I mean ....study group) is getting started.

I, for one, intend to be extremely studious and have no sense of humor about this.

(giggle...snort)

morticia monroe

All Is One said:
This party (uh, I mean ....study group) is getting started.

I, for one, intend to be extremely studious and have no sense of humor about this.

(giggle...snort)

Mental picture of AIO toting her Eleanor Rigby expression.... shoots, put a fancy gown on her, and she could be a portrait in the Touchstone. :)

Que bella.........

morticia monroe

Just went and donned my "Millicent Friendly, spinster librarian" outfit.

Millicent and Eleanor reporting for class,,,,

All Is One

Yes, I Do Keep My Face In The Freezer

morticia monroe said:
Mental picture of AIO toting her Eleanor Rigby expression.... shoots, put a fancy gown on her, and she could be a portrait in the Touchstone. :)

Que bella.........

Did I read you wrong or did you just call me Eleanor Rigby and then shoot me?

Just as you would expect from a woman in a skin tight black gown with almost Anne Boleyn sleeves....who tangos first thing in the morning.

I do not keep my face in a jar by the door!!!!

I keep it in the freezer where it belongs.