I Have My Eye On A Ouija Board

mystic mal

My dad who was a chief steward in the Merchant Navy said after a Ouija session on board ship the 18 year old cabin boy jumped overboard and drowned.Although I am a Tarot reader,love astrology,runes and suchlike,intuition tells me to leave it alone.I dont understand why these things happen to folk and Ive heard of some gruesome stories but at the end of the day its individual choice and if you feel comfortable with it.

RufusJ

When I was a preteen I had a Ouija board. My best friend and I would work it for hours, and I mean four-five hours at a time, just camped out on my bed and asking, asking, asking.... and that planchette would fly for us all over the board. It got so that if I walked into a room where some folks were stalled out over the Ouija, as soon as I walked in it would start working-- and as soon as I left, it stopped. I didn't even have to touch the board...

But after a while all the Ouija would talk about was death and bad stuff. The last time I worked it, it told me I was already dead. I got rid of it after that.

rufusj

Dean

RufusJ said:
But after a while all the Ouija would talk about was death and bad stuff. The last time I worked it, it told me I was already dead. I got rid of it after that.

rufusj

I would of done the same thing, but i think for those of us who have used it and for those who are contemplating using one, i just feel it's these people that have the most fascination with death, who will go ahead without listening to any caution.

Like what Mystic Mal said above if it's what you want to do then do it, i think what we don't want is people telling us what we can or cannot do, my post was just out of experience to the first person asking on this thread.:)

RufusJ

Me too-- just my experience. I didn't mean to make it seem like I was getting on your case or anything. It's just some of these Ouija experiences can be .. unsettling, and if folks want to go for it, then at least maybe they can go into it with their eyes opened.

rufusj

Centaur

RufusJ said:
It got so that if I walked into a room where some folks were stalled out over the Ouija, as soon as I walked in it would start working-- and as soon as I left, it stopped. I didn't even have to touch the board...

You were a ouija stimulant! :D

All that hanging around with dead folk -- 5 hours at a time -- can you blame them for mistaking you for a dead person??? LOL.

I tend to agree with what's been said already... if you are sorted enough, go ahead, but be wise about it.

DreamGhost

I was pretty messed up already during the time I first used one in my early to mid teens, but nothing really bad ever happened to me or anyone I cared about during that time and I used it by myself. This was during middle school, at the heels of my parent's divorce, and when I was an avid reader of horror and the brunt of cruel remarks in school every day. I never channeled any hostile spirits that said spooky things or made the board fly or glass explode. Perhaps remarkable, because it was all around a dark period of my life with a lot of negativity. No drugs, though, fortunately.

After my classmates and I matured and I entered high school, that phase of my life ended. I think what helped the most was a prayer before the session, asking for protection and for no harm to come to me while I experimented with this. I also pretty much convinced myself, especially after reading something about automatic writing, that I was probably moving the planchette by myself.

Admittedly, going it at alone may have been a big mistake but solitude is something I had always been used to. I must have been fortunate (and wise to have protected myself beforehand), but I payed for it with a further disconnecting with reality during that period of my life. Mileage may vary, and I agree that it's very important to take protective measures as well as be careful what you ask and who you conjure up. It probably should never have been in the "toys" section back then. A couple years later I ended up throwing it away with no one knowing that I did, and with no coaxing from anyone except for my own feeling that it was the right thing to do to move on and improve my spiritual/mental health.

I'd be interested to know what ever became of what you originally posted about, shotthebreeze.

shotthebreeze

They sold the board that I had my eye on. We'll see what happens. I might pick up a cheap-o, but I have a lot going on first.

bigcaat

Late to the game, I know, but please do not buy into the negative stereotypes that surround the Ouija Board. It is nothing more than another tool of divination. Like any other form of divination you need to surround yourself with protection.

There is a small book on the Ouija available on Amazon, and there is a book about Mediumship that I just read that also covers it quite well. I'd have to find the name for you, it's really quite a good book. The author has also written several others, including one on witchcraft.

Remember that you are in control of your own psychic body. Just as you have the right to say no to someone you don't like coming into your house, so you have the right to say no to a spirit who would like to enter. Of course you have to be careful, but you have to be careful when you drive a car, as well, do you not? When you learned to drive, you had to learn the "rules of the road" to protect yourself and others. No different here.

The board was beautiful, sorry you didn't get it, but that just says to me that another, better, one will come along -- one that you're suppose to have.

Best,
Caat

bigcaat

Azarial said:
I am going to admit, I would absolutely love to use one. In fact I do have a Psychic Circle, but of course it refuses to work for me. I've tried it alone, I've tried it with two people, and I've tried it with three people. None of the times has it ever worked. I have considered making my own. I thought maybe if I put my own energy into making one it might work for me. I even saw the most beautiful wooden board at WalMart last time I was there that would have been perfect to use. I might still go down and buy it. Maybe tommorrow. I have heard that you can talk to people who are sleeping with one. It would be an interesting experiment. I have also heard that using one has opened up peoples psychic skills.
I have a psychic circle board and don't like it at all. It's never worked for me either. I think it's just way to complicated. I'm going to sell it. I ended up getting an "angel board" that I found on Amazon. Very pretty. I haven't used it yet, but look forward to it.

Caat

Azarial

bigcaat said:
I have a psychic circle board and don't like it at all. It's never worked for me either. I think it's just way to complicated. I'm going to sell it. I ended up getting an "angel board" that I found on Amazon. Very pretty. I haven't used it yet, but look forward to it.

Caat

I was also looking at an Angel Board on Amazon that I had my eyes on. I thought maybe it would work better than the Psychic Circle which doesn't work for me. Please let me know how the Angel Board works for you. Is this the one it was? http://www.amazon.com/Guiding-But-A...bs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1195717866&sr=8-1