1-time January Rune Circle? Plus great Rune threads...

Stormdancer

AJ said:
I just sent this in a PM, and told her I was going to post it here too, because almost our whole crew is new to reading runes for others. Or runes period.
No fears, we are on the deck of the Starship Enterprise, going where no ATers have gone before.
================
Hey love, you'll be fine!! because there is absolutely zero ways to do this wrong. You can even do your reading for your partner with one word if you like. Sometimes less is more. Because you can't do it wrong it should help take some of the stress/pressure of putting yourself out in public off your quaking heart.

The runes by their very nature aren't going to tell us what color our childrens hair will be...they will get to the heart of the matter. And that is what we want.

hugs, and thanks for signing up, I know this will be an awesome, for the very first time on AT, Rune Reading Circle. Lurkers will always wish they had jumped in to be a part of this auspicious occassion ;)
===============

Thanks for the reassurance AJ...

***reminding myself that I am a RECOVERING perfectionist!!! It's ALL GOOD***

Lewen

stormdancer339 said:
OOH...them are YUMMY!!! I like the bowl too!

Thank you! I love them and can't wait to work with them more. They are Elder Futhark and my favorite, Oak. I do have a bag that they stay in (in the bowl) when not in use. The bag 'was' temporary, but they seem to like it. Looking forward to working with everyone and the Runes and seeing what everyone has to say! :)

Lewen

stormdancer339 said:
Thanks for the reassurance AJ...

***reminding myself that I am a RECOVERING perfectionist!!! It's ALL GOOD***

*hugs*
It really is all good! What I love about the Runes (from what little I know so far) is that they are simple, yet deep. Can speak one word, yet speak and feel volumes. This looks to be an exciting time here for a Rune circle and study. I am excited and am thankful to have found this! :)

Lewen

AJ said:
While we are studying and fondling runes it would be fun to see or hear what we'll each be using. For this first circle I'll be using these, I got them in trade from a member in Calfornia. I added the Chinese Red paint based on what I've read in several books. I'm still not quite decided what the three odd ones correspond to.

I also have the Haindl rune deck
Am looking for the Blume collage style deck
Have the Linsell deck cooling it's heels in my cart at Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Rune-Cards-2n...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1259859197&sr=1-1

It would appear that two of the three Runes on the Right are another version of the Runes you have on the page.

the top is another way to write Hagalaz, the one below it, I believe is Kenaz and I can't quite make out the bottom one. Lovely set you have there! :)

Ah, Edited to add I see Oakwoman has answered. That's what I get for not reading fully! :)

cardlady22

Just a thought . . .
If you are planning to cast all of the symbols at once, it can be useful to have the cloth marked with 3 concentric circles and use them to indicate time/distance.

Most of the time, I mix them up in my pouch. Focus on the subject, and then draw until I feel it's enough. Sometimes, it's one. Others it's three. Only once have I gone for nine, but that was to use a specific spread/layout of the Nine Worlds. It wasn't exactly this, but here's a pic of one version:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Norse_Nine_Worlds.jpg

Emily

I'm not sure how I'm going to be doing it yet - most of my readings so far have been just dipping into the bag, taking a handful of Runes and dropping them, then reading the ones that fall face up. With the cards, I spread them face down, and then pick some and turn them over.

I keep getting a mental image of a wisewoman, sitting outside by a fire, throwing runes etched onto bones down onto the ground and just reading them LOL - I think I've watched too many Viking films. :D

Emily

Also I'm looking forward to the Rune Circle, especially with just the one word question. It means that we are going to have to literally read what Runes we get, no embellishments, clear cut readings. :)

Barbaras Ahajusts

The 9 Worlds to go with 9 world jpg throw

cardlady22 said:
Only once have I gone for nine, but that was to use a specific spread/layout of the Nine Worlds. It wasn't exactly this, but here's a pic of one version:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Norse_Nine_Worlds.jpg
THE THREE (NINE) REALMS

PD: We establish the Nine Realms here!

Sacrificer:

Asgard, highest of all worlds,

Realm of the Aesir

Home of Odin and Valhalla,

We honor you here!

Folk: We honor you here!

Mage:

Alf-heim, home of the light elves

Guardians of nature,

The ones the Celts know as the Sidhe

We honor you here!

Warrior:

Nifl-heim, land of mists in the North,

Land of the Frost Giants

Home of the river Hvergelmir

We honor you here!

Bard:

Jotun-heim, land of the Giants in the East,

Realm of the Rock giants

Home of Mimir's well

We honor you here!

PD:

Muspells-heim land of the Fire Giants in the South,

Realm of Surt

Home of the spark of life given to Ymir

We honor you here!

Sacrificer:

Vana-heim land of the elder gods in the West

Realm of the Vanir

Gods of fertility, the sea, and prosperity

We honor you here!

Mage:

Svartalf-heim, land of the dwarfs

Miners of ore and gems

Blacksmiths to Gods

We honor you here!

Warrior:

Hel-heim, land of the dead,

Realm of Hella

Home of those who suffer the straw death and die not in battle

We honor you here!

Bard:

Midgard, land of man,

The land we feel under our feet

Center of all the worlds, home of Fire, Well and Tree

We honor you here!

(Edited to add...this is just some useful information on the worlds)

oak_woman

I like this, Barbara - thank you for sharing :)