Any tips for using my new pendulum?

queen_of_wands

what I am not understanding is why it should be "lying" or "telling me the thruth" - I mean, I never for one instant supposed my Tarot or Oracle cards were lying to me, why would my pendulum be prone to lying...? That we might be lying to ourselves, sure, but...

My niece has successfully used her pendulum and says the same as QoW...mine does not work as well as I would wish, her suggestion was to go find another that resonated better with me...but really, why would it lie?

(QoW, of course that was all good advice and is the prescribed method of use. Please don't take what I said to be a comment on how you use the pendulum - :) I am SO not attacking what you said in any way! I just don't understand about the lying and truth...)

The reason I do that, is for two reasons. One is, I do it for a clarificataion and i think that is a better way of putting it to make sure my pendulum is accurate. I think others may also say that their pendulums can act stubborn or be inaccurate from time to time. Remember, I just got my first pendulum saturday, but have read up on them and am using some of the advice I found. Good point about the tarot cards. Sometimes I think mine pick up on the energy surrounding hopes and fears rather than the actual answers, although I have made several accurate predictions with my cards, but cards I think are a different thing all together.

The other reason I do it is because from what I've read, and I could be wrong, but pendulums and the charts are a lot like spirit or ouija boards where cards are not. Can you be sure of what is swinging your pendulum just like what is talking to you from the board? This is why I make sure now after asking with my alphabet chart who was on the other end and it was a dead person, what is swinging my pendulum. Now if it weren't my guides and were some spirit or entity, I'd want to make sure they were being honest with me, so I just do it as a test really, then find out who I am talking to. But today I tuned into my guides and plan on continuing to do so.

Padma

The reason I do that, is for two reasons. One is, I do it for a clarificataion and i think that is a better way of putting it to make sure my pendulum is accurate. I think others may also say that their pendulums can act stubborn or be inaccurate from time to time. Remember, I just got my first pendulum saturday, but have read up on them and am using some of the advice I found. Good point about the tarot cards. Sometimes I think mine pick up on the energy surrounding hopes and fears rather than the actual answers, although I have made several accurate predictions with my cards, but cards I think are a different thing all together.

The other reason I do it is because from what I've read, and I could be wrong, but pendulums and the charts are a lot like spirit or ouija boards where cards are not. Can you be sure of what is swinging your pendulum just like what is talking to you from the board? This is why I make sure now after asking with my alphabet chart who was on the other end and it was a dead person, what is swinging my pendulum. Now if it weren't my guides and were some spirit or entity, I'd want to make sure they were being honest with me, so I just do it as a test really, then find out who I am talking to. But today I tuned into my guides and plan on continuing to do so.

Thanks for explaining it all, Queen of Wands :) Sorry to put you through the trouble. I do understand what you mean about the Tarot, although I have firecely wished for things and the cards gave me a very flat NO lol! And they were right.

I have seen posts here about Ouija boards and things like that, it seems many people feel afraid to use them - I suppose that is the whole "dealing with spirits" thing...I guess I have just come around to seeing, myself, that my Tarot is guided by my own inner knowing...I supposed the pendulums to be similar...it never really occurred to me that some random spirit could move it around, though you did mention that earlier.

Could it be, if it vacillates, or is inaccurate, it is because we ouselves do not truly want to know the answer? Sorry, I just really want to know how all this stuff works! :)

ETA I suppose each person has a method that works for them, and that that is the usual way with these things - find what works for you...

danieljuk

In Kinesiology (I'm not a practitioner, just a patient of it) they first ask questions to check for a yes or no muscle response in the muscle testing process. They ask "is my name (real name)?" "is my name mickey mouse?" and see the response to that. I really like that idea and use it in pendulums now. You can be sure of a yes or no response to both questions.

I always let a new pendulum show me what it wants to signal for each answer and then it seems to stick to it. Its always the same response for me for each pendulum which doesn't seem like the traditional clockwise / anti clockwise spin. It always gives me a clockwise spin for yes and back and forth for no. They look very different. But I just let it decide how it wants to answer and I do talk to it too. Is it okay to ask you some questions? :) thank it and other things! However you decide to use it, just stick to your technique and rules for it! Gonna give it a go next time and see if there is a maybe response, never used that before

DownwardSpiral

what I am not understanding is why it should be "lying" or "telling me the thruth" - I mean, I never for one instant supposed my Tarot or Oracle cards were lying to me, why would my pendulum be prone to lying...? That we might be lying to ourselves, sure, but...

My niece has successfully used her pendulum and says the same as QoW...mine does not work as well as I would wish, her suggestion was to go find another that resonated better with me...but really, why would it lie?

(QoW, of course that was all good advice and is the prescribed method of use. Please don't take what I said to be a comment on how you use the pendulum - :) I am SO not attacking what you said in any way! I just don't understand about the lying and truth...)

First I want to say I have complete faith in card readings......however pendulums are very different in that you can influence the answer. Pick up your pendulum right now and whatever you tell it to do.......I'll be shocked if it doesn't do it.

I'm not sure if your "tell me the truth" was referring to my post...I'm not asking directly so to speak for my pendulum to be truthful......if your asking a question for yourself and want more than anything for the answer to be say yes.......telling yourself over and over "tell me the truth" or any other phrase is a way to keep from influencing the answer.

I wish I had 100% faith in my answers but I don't. I'm not sure that going from one pendulum to another is the answer.

DownwardSpiral

In Kinesiology (I'm not a practitioner, just a patient of it) they first ask questions to check for a yes or no muscle response in the muscle testing process. They ask "is my name (real name)?" "is my name mickey mouse?" and see the response to that. I really like that idea and use it in pendulums now. You can be sure of a yes or no response to both questions.

I always let a new pendulum show me what it wants to signal for each answer and then it seems to stick to it. Its always the same response for me for each pendulum which doesn't seem like the traditional clockwise / anti clockwise spin. It always gives me a clockwise spin for yes and back and forth for no. They look very different. But I just let it decide how it wants to answer and I do talk to it too. Is it okay to ask you some questions? :) thank it and other things! However you decide to use it, just stick to your technique and rules for it! Gonna give it a go next time and see if there is a maybe response, never used that before

My pendulum (and I also tried my arrow key from work) swings back and forth (towards/away from me) for yes, side to side for no, and I want to say clock-wise circle for I don't know. I've never asked it to show me maybe. And if it doesn't want to answer it will just sit there.

I have a little book somewhere with some tiny charts in it. Anyway the author suggests before you use the pendulum each time to ask it how accurate it is (not sure on the question here as your asking for the accuracy of the pendulum itself) There's a chart that goes from 100% on down. If the accuracy isn't above a certain percent he suggests waiting till another time. I may have to look for this book.

Padma

First I want to say I have complete faith in card readings......however pendulums are very different in that you can influence the answer. Pick up your pendulum right now and whatever you tell it to do.......I'll be shocked if it doesn't do it.

I'm not sure if your "tell me the truth" was referring to my post...I'm not asking directly so to speak for my pendulum to be truthful......if your asking a question for yourself and want more than anything for the answer to be say yes.......telling yourself over and over "tell me the truth" or any other phrase is a way to keep from influencing the answer.

I wish I had 100% faith in my answers but I don't. I'm not sure that going from one pendulum to another is the answer.

Oh, I wasn't in any way "questioning" anyone's methods, Spiral! Or even referring to your post, though of course it was a good one! In NO way am I trying to be a troll here - I am just trying to figure out how the darn thing works, and why we should suppose it might be lying to us! I found that part very intriguing! ;p

I am with you on the idea of not trying to influence the pendulum, I do know people who can sway it to say anything they like...? I am also with you on the idea that switching pendulums is not likely to help - I did go look at about 70 others, and none of them feel right. It may just be that pendulums are not for me, and that I should simply be satisfied with my cards and clairvoyance! :D Thank you so much for addressing my issue, I really appreciate any kind of feedback on these questions of mine! And sorry, frac_ture, if I have derailed your thread ;p not intentional, I assure you.

DownwardSpiral

Oh, I wasn't in any way "questioning" anyone's methods, Spiral! Or even referring to your post, though of course it was a good one! In NO way am I trying to be a troll here - I am just trying to figure out how the darn thing works, and why we should suppose it might be lying to us! I found that part very intriguing! ;p

LOL : ) ahaha OMG I'm laughing : ) I just wanted to make sure you didn't think you had to tell it to tell you the truth or it might lie : )

There was a thread awhile back asking people about how accurate their pendulums were. (LOL don't quote me on the exact question asked) I don't think anyone was really satisfied with the accuracy or should I say inaccuracy of their pendulums. So don't think they just aren't for you.

I occasionally ask mine questions and sometimes wonder if having faith in my pendulum and the answers I receive makes a difference as far as how accurate my answers are. I will say now when I ask it questions I just accept that the answers I'm given are correct.

I don't remember ever reading anywhere how accurate percentage wise pendulums are. I'm putting this here because maybe we just expect too much?

Padma

LOL : ) ahaha OMG I'm laughing : ) I just wanted to make sure you didn't think you had to tell it to tell you the truth or it might lie : )

There was a thread awhile back asking people about how accurate their pendulums were. (LOL don't quote me on the exact question asked) I don't think anyone was really satisfied with the accuracy or should I say inaccuracy of their pendulums. So don't think they just aren't for you.

I occasionally ask mine questions and sometimes wonder if having faith in my pendulum and the answers I receive makes a difference as far as how accurate my answers are. I will say now when I ask it questions I just accept that the answers I'm given are correct.

I don't remember ever reading anywhere how accurate percentage wise pendulums are. I'm putting this here because maybe we just expect too much?

Glad I made you laugh! ;p lol...obviously not my intent, but it's fun that you did :)

Ok, so it isn't always accurate, and I should take it all with a grain of salt, I suppose....and have it occasionally lie to me...or believe it whole heartedly, and expect the truth! lol! I will still play with it occasionally - but I tend only to reach for it on very rare occasions...I don't feel like I can trust it 100%.

Thanks for the feedback, Spiral :)

LaurelBelle

Lotus Padma, I often refer to my pendulum as "lying" to me, but in my case it is me lying to myself (which we all do from time to time). I've done things to my pendulum to ensure that I am talking to myself, using my subconscious to move the pendulum and not communicating with a spirit. I feel safer that way, but it does mean that I have to take extra care to be ready to receive truthful answers. If I persist in an area where answers are unclear or I've been warned not to ask (trying to rephrase or ask around an issue seeing if I can get a better idea of the lack of clarity) I will almost always get blatantly incorrect answers. It's my unconscious, so I'm quite aware of my own tendency to be a smarta** when pressured. Makes perfect sense that my pendulum can get sarcastic.

DownwardSpiral

Glad I made you laugh! ;p lol...obviously not my intent, but it's fun that you did :)

Ok, so it isn't always accurate, and I should take it all with a grain of salt, I suppose....and have it occasionally lie to me...or believe it whole heartedly, and expect the truth! lol! I will still play with it occasionally - but I tend only to reach for it on very rare occasions...I don't feel like I can trust it 100%.

Thanks for the feedback, Spiral :)
Maybe that's it....expect the truth and nothing less! Seriously though I often wonder if doubting if my answers are correct affects the accuracy of the answers I get.

I will say I've had some accurate answers to questions where the answer was unknown to me.

I am curious........for people who use charts as well as yes/no questions.....if they find one method more accurate than the other?