Any tips for using my new pendulum?

Padma

Lotus Padma, I often refer to my pendulum as "lying" to me, but in my case it is me lying to myself (which we all do from time to time). I've done things to my pendulum to ensure that I am talking to myself, using my subconscious to move the pendulum and not communicating with a spirit. I feel safer that way, but it does mean that I have to take extra care to be ready to receive truthful answers. If I persist in an area where answers are unclear or I've been warned not to ask (trying to rephrase or ask around an issue seeing if I can get a better idea of the lack of clarity) I will almost always get blatantly incorrect answers. It's my unconscious, so I'm quite aware of my own tendency to be a smarta** when pressured. Makes perfect sense that my pendulum can get sarcastic.

wow. Well, I guess that was what i was doing. Funny how you don't realise something truly and completely until someone articulates it really well for you! lol...I have done the same, I think. I can recall one incident where I lied to myself via my pendulum. Awesome answer, Laura_belle :)

Maybe that's it....expect the truth and nothing less! Seriously though I often wonder if doubting if my answers are correct affects the accuracy of the answers I get.

I will say I've had some accurate answers to questions where the answer was unknown to me.

I am curious........for people who use charts as well as yes/no questions.....if they find one method more accurate than the other?

I bet doubting anything divinatory leads to "off" answers...Sometimes I think the systems (cards, runes, crystals) are somewhat placebo in nature, and are more effective if believed without question...And can't wait to see what responses you get about charts and boards...

I hope this is helping frac_ture as well! lol...I do feel as though I have hijacked the thread somewhat. Sorry...I just had to know about the lying thing. How are you getting on with your pendulum, Frac_ture?

frac_ture

I hope this is helping frac_ture as well! lol...I do feel as though I have hijacked the thread somewhat. Sorry...I just had to know about the lying thing. How are you getting on with your pendulum, Frac_ture?

Hi, Lotus Padma -- thanks for thinking of me! Actually, this wasn't my thread -- it was gilokez who started it -- but either way, I don't think you derailed it at all! You're just asking questions about using the pendulum, which seems absolutely on point in this thread to me. No worries!

Your questions are interesting, too. Personally, I like sort of "warming up" the pendulum now with a couple of easy questions to which I know the answer...and I don't think it's about trying to see if the pendulum is "lying," per se (I kind of don't think of that as a likely thing), so much as it's about seeing where the connection with it might be on a given day. My own individual belief is that sometimes with divinatory methods, something very much like weather patterns can float through the connections between us and whatever it is that responds to our divinatory probing. Just as different pressure systems and storms can blow through the physical world, I kind of think that through no fault of our own (or sometimes maybe through some fault of our own...), the same kind of thing can happen with our divinatory connections, affecting the current overall accuracy for a time. Double-checking the pendulum with questions whose answers I already know just tells me if this will be a session in which the pendulum will be accurate and consistent and firing on all cylinders...or not. Hopefully that all made sense, and wasn't too horribly New Age-y...;)

And I'm really enjoying my pendulum, thanks! A few of us started doing some exchanges on a thread that queen_of_wands started over here: Beginner Pendulum Exchanges -- it was very helpful for me, and I hope to do more soon (please do join in if you like, too!). In addition to that, I've started letting the pendulum help me with yes/no questions that the Tarot cards don't seem to enjoy, and I'm also using it to aid in figuring out which crystals/stones to work with on a given day. So far, the pendulum has been very consistent, and has been giving me really good results. Oh, and I've settled into using my dominant hand with it, and I do like DownwardSpiral's technique of focusing on a phrase, like a mantra, in order to short-circuit any subconscious tampering with the results on my part. I'm also finding that taking my eyes off of the pendulum for a few moments can actually help with that, too (it's not impossible to influence it when not looking right at it, but it does make it trickier to do it, I think).

Padma

Hi, Lotus Padma -- thanks for thinking of me! Actually, this wasn't my thread -- it was gilokez who started it -- but either way, I don't think you derailed it at all! You're just asking questions about using the pendulum, which seems absolutely on point in this thread to me. No worries!

Your questions are interesting, too. Personally, I like sort of "warming up" the pendulum now with a couple of easy questions to which I know the answer...and I don't think it's about trying to see if the pendulum is "lying," per se (I kind of don't think of that as a likely thing), so much as it's about seeing where the connection with it might be on a given day. My own individual belief is that sometimes with divinatory methods, something very much like weather patterns can float through the connections between us and whatever it is that responds to our divinatory probing. Just as different pressure systems and storms can blow through the physical world, I kind of think that through no fault of our own (or sometimes maybe through some fault of our own...), the same kind of thing can happen with our divinatory connections, affecting the current overall accuracy for a time. Double-checking the pendulum with questions whose answers I already know just tells me if this will be a session in which the pendulum will be accurate and consistent and firing on all cylinders...or not. Hopefully that all made sense, and wasn't too horribly New Age-y...;)

And I'm really enjoying my pendulum, thanks! A few of us started doing some exchanges on a thread that queen_of_wands started over here: Beginner Pendulum Exchanges -- it was very helpful for me, and I hope to do more soon (please do join in if you like, too!). In addition to that, I've started letting the pendulum help me with yes/no questions that the Tarot cards don't seem to enjoy, and I'm also using it to aid in figuring out which crystals/stones to work with on a given day. So far, the pendulum has been very consistent, and has been giving me really good results. Oh, and I've settled into using my dominant hand with it, and I do like DownwardSpiral's technique of focusing on a phrase, like a mantra, in order to short-circuit any subconscious tampering with the results on my part. I'm also finding that taking my eyes off of the pendulum for a few moments can actually help with that, too (it's not impossible to influence it when not looking right at it, but it does make it trickier to do it, I think).

oooo! Lol! Funny, after I posted and went out to play with the dogs, my inner voice said, was not Frac_ture! lol! But yes, I will go join the practise thread. I do find my intuition works very well for others...I loved all your suggestions! they were awesome, and I will add that to how I handle the pendulum. :) thanks so very much for your kind and reassuring words, as well as your good advice, Frac_ture :) And now I really do wonder how Gilokez is making out! And maybe there was a reason I thought of you - so I definitely will join the
beginner pendulum circle... :D

Tarot by G

Wow lots of extra info here:)
Lotus please don't think you derailed it's all extra knowledge for me:)
Thanks everyone I'll join the newbie thread when I have some spare time...

Padma

Wow lots of extra info here:)
Lotus please don't think you derailed it's all extra knowledge for me:)
Thanks everyone I'll join the newbie thread when I have some spare time...

I will go as well when things calm down around here, I checked in on it and it looks fascinating! Good luck with your pendulum, Gilokez! I will see you in the Noob thread, and thank you for letting us know how you are doing! :)

exotik1

Try new,creative ways to use it. I use mine to divine when the fedex dude is coming, to select gifts, to find lost things, to help with my sex life ;) Have fun with it! I love pendulums ~advertisement removed by moderator~ Let us know new ways you use yours.

Love and Light,
farida