Bargain, Bust or Best of the Bunch...

faunabay

OK let's see.....

Bargains:
Servants of the Light - $24 on ebay!!!! :)
PoMo - $25 on ebay
Faery's Oracle - $9 new at a discount bookstore

Busts:
Lord of the Rings - could have been a wonderful deck.....but wasn't! ick!
PoMo - I was sooo excited to find this on ebay at a price I could afford, but just didn't connect with it at all.

Best of the Bunch:
Servants of the Light - I bought this mostly because I found it so inexpensively on ebay. But have found to my delight that I absolutely LOVE it!! IMO it's got one of the best Fool cards I've seen!! It's definitely MY deck for serious readings.
Faery's Oracle - You know the faerys in this deck are real don't you? !! (giggle)

northsea

BARGAIN:
Norse (Barrett) $17 new, ordered at shop years ago, my 2nd deck
Knapp-Hall $7 inc. shipping, shrinkwrapped
1975 Visconti Sforza Dal Negro extras $12 inc. shipping, shrinkwrapped
1971 Rider-Waite-Smith NY address unlaminated $10 inc. shipping, shrinkwrapped

BUST:
Renaissance (Lyle): paid list+shipping, damaged card and card backs differed in tone, didn't much like the fronts either
Diamond Rider-Waite: paid list + shipping, pictures too small,
Tarot Basics (Fiebig): plastic cards, and a defective card, OUCH
Lord of the Rings: paid list ...AAAARRGGGHHHHH,
Herbal: lacking RW symbolism, I use the LWB with the RW itself, have no use for the cards,
Philosopher's Stone (De Es):never used it
Fantastical, Egyptian, Esoteric Ancient, Motherpeace, Convos Marseilles, Camoin Marseille and many more...

BEST:
Medieval Scapini
Sheridan-Douglas
Hermetic
Ancient Italian
Sacred Circle

OakDragon

Bargain: I'm going to stretch the rules here to include a "kit": Susan Levitt's "The Complete Tarot Kit". This was a gift I got last Christmas, but even at Amazon's current price of $28, it would still be a bargain. It comes with a standard RWS deck and a Crowley-Thoth deck (both pocket size). It also comes with an excellent book that not only covers tarot basics, but also compares the decks and gives information on how other things like astrology and numerology relate to tarot, as well as a workbook for various excercises and spreads introduced in the book and a mat for the Celtic Cross spread.

Bust: LoTR -- While I'm not as down on this deck as most, it was still quite disappointing and not at all worthy of being associated with the books.

Tarot Nova (the tiny version that comes with the attached book) -- The cards are very low quality. They come attached to each other and you have to tear them apart along perforated edges. It's easy to tear one in half if you're not careful.

Best: Rohrig -- Easily my favorite tarot deck so far. Beautiful images that, although uncoventional, I find very easy to read with. Full of depth and emotion.

diane drizzy

Bargain:Tarot Nova- a gift

Bust:Zerner-Farber. I felt really let down by this deck. I didn't research it enough and basically bought the set sight unseen except for The Hermit on the cover of the box (which I loved!). I have since passed this deck on to a friend.

Best:Faeries Oracle- My Babies!
Spiral Tarot

Jewel-ry

Bargain

Sante Fe (german) paid 2Euros for it at a boot sale. I will probably never use it but hey, 2E, thats cheap.

Royal Fez Moroccan ?5 from e-bay, it was still wrapped (but I opened it!! :D)

Bust

Celtic Dragon - hate it, always have, and it was the most I've ever paid for a deck too! Still got it, can't seem to get rid of it (any offers??)

World Spirit - got it in a trade, the more I look at it the more I dislike it.

Pagan - bought this and traded it away the same day it arrived as I disliked it so much. Unfortunately, I havn't yet received the deck I traded it for :confused:

Best of the Bunch

I tarocchi classici
Both of my Marseille decks
Tarot of Prague
Crystal
Morgan Greer
Golden

J :)

lionette

Bargain:
Visconti Sforza - $15 on Ebay (!)
New Century - gift
El Gran Esoterico (OOP) - $12.60 from Joan Bunning
Ship of Fools deck/book - free with Amazon.com gift certificate

Bust:
Secret Tarot (Lyle) - looked great online, but in person didn't click with it at all, happily was able to get full refund tho! :) and bought the Etteilla instead...
Etteilla - didn't research this one enough. was drawn in by images on box and knew it had historical value, didn't realize it's not a "true" tarot. will require alot more study, which I don't have time for just now. still drawn to it, so hopefully I'll be able to move this one out of the Bust category sometime soon! anyone interested in a study group??

Best: this is hard to answer since I do like all my decks for different reasons. right now I'm really keen on my Leonardo da Vinci deck, but the Visconti and my first Marseilles are arriving in mail soon, so Leo may get bumped down for awhile!

Emily

Bargain:- Its got to be the large non-green Thoth off Amazon for ?10.44 new, still convinced they have the price wrong.

Bust:- The Victoria Regina - loved this deck online but don't like it in the flesh, too large to handle, to masculine in artwork. Radiant Rider Waite - I could re-name this deck the 'Sulky deck'. those facial expressions just don't do it for me - one deck that I would happily trade away.

Best:-
Morgan Greer - waited 15 months to get this, should have tried harder at the time.
Quest - an interesting deck to get into.
Sacred Circle - never thought I would find a photo-collage deck as inspirational as this.
Thoth - so much about this deck is attractive.

ScarabFlight

Bargain: Golden Tarot $20, have you seen this deck!!

Bust: New Paladini, I really enjoyed several of the cards but there were others that the artwork just didn't speak to me. I also didn't enjoy the white trim around the cards front and back.

Best: Golden Tarot, RW, and Faeries Oracle.

Okay, that is all of my decks, but I'm catching up. :D Although it is going to be hard to follow the Golden Tarot and the Faeries Oracle!

smokey

BARGAIN//
Golden : 25.00 (price includes S & H )
Gendron : gift
Thoth : gift
Cosmic Tribe set :around $27.OO...I think...been awhile...
Universal- Waite: 15.00
Sacred Circle set: gift
Spiral: gift
RWS: 15.00

BUST//
Lord of the Rings set: 29.00 ( knew better!)
Enchanted Tarot set : 29.00 ( darn that Border's!!!)
///BEST OF BUNCH: Golden & all gifts,of course !///

Scion

Found this thread... and just had to revive it.

Bargain: $3 for a sealed 1995 Rohrig

Bust: Light and Shadow... I wanted to love this deck and just could get down with it (traded it to magpie about 5 seconds later)

Best: