Bargain, Bust or Best of the Bunch...

Scion

Found this thread... and just had to revive it:

Bargains:
- a sealed 1995 Rohrig for $3
- the English Arcus Arcanum for $6
- the stack of $5 Scarabeo decks that I just snagged thanks to rachelcat. :)

Busts:
- Light and Shadow... I wanted to love this deck and just could get down with it (traded it to magpie in a win/win about 5 seconds later)
- Voyager... Bought this 15 years ago on an artsy-smartsy whim and found it cluttered and vague

Best: International Icon, hands down... I'd loved the cards from the time they were online and majors only, and in my hands the deck was even better. Still my go-to deck.

September Pixie

Beloved:
Golden Dragon Tarot - found here at AT (I can't remember who sold it to me though :( ), I love anything dragon & fey!
Nigel Jackson
Gothic Tarot (Vargo)
Osho Zen - wasn't really a bargain but i love this deck to pieces

Bargain:
Froud's Faerie's Oracle - found on ebay, new in box, with book for $3 free ship!

Bust:
Vision Quest - didn't love the artwork
Gendron - ditto

Rosanne

Bargain- Spiral Deck and book for free for buying heaps at one store
Bust-Thoth when our dollar was 3 1/2 to US Dollar- creepy green cards
Best - Estensi Golden Tarot of Renaissance- Our Dollar high- must rush to get more best- maybe Kat Black Golden and finally a Tarot de Maiseilles.

Emily

I'm posting again because in a year my list has changed a little:-

Bargain:
Still the Thoth from Amazon

Bust:
Liber T - I wanted so much to like this deck, I liked the online scans but once I had the deck in my hands the negativity just coloured and spoilt the whole deck for me.

Best:
Still the Morgan Greer, followed by the DruidCraft and the Golden. :)

Lillie

Best bargain.

Gold box Thoth off ebay. ?6.00
There was no picture, or really much about it. Only one other person bid. I don't think anyone knew what they were.

worst cards.
Oh, well. I have a habit of buying those 'Tarot kits' for a fiver. The one with the book by Jonothan Dee was grossly ugly. I think I threw it in the wood burner.
The Royal Tarot. in a set with a book, a pendulum and 3 I ching coins. The cards arn't very nice, but I got it for the coins. They are worth the fiver someone else paid for me!

Alta

Bargain: Tarot of the Old Path: Ravenswing wanted to cut down his collection and he was trading 2 for 1. This was my 'extra' deck. I still like it.

Bust: um, sadly, quite a few. Faery Wicca, Enochian and green Thoth sort of stand out in my memory.

Best of the Bunch: happily, quite a few. BB Cats, Prague, International Icon, DruidCraft and Celtic Dragon at the moment (it changes)

September Pixie

Faery Wicca is a deck I forgot about... you can add that to my Bust list also..