Cats/kittens and tarot care

GlitterNova

My cat (like most cats) dislikes it when I show attention to something (like cards) that isn't her. She has to come over and sit on my lap or sit on top of whatever it is I'm looking at. If you have a particularly naughty kitten you might get cards chewed on or knocked on the floor, but that's probably the extent of it. Keep any rare/expensive/precious decks in a drawer or cabinet when you're not using them, and you should be fine :)

Atalanta

only problem i have with my kitties and tarot is that they love the tassles on tarot bags, everything stringy is for sure a cat toy - right?
so i make sure to keep bags locked in behind the glass doors in the cupboard now.
Had a few accidents with cards all over the room, they never damaged the cards though.

I've had a couple who like to lounge on the cards but then again, they have to be in the middle of everything I do so Move The Cat happens all the time. My biggest concern were my two paper-loving kitties. One would chew on and the other would punch holes in anything paper - books, magazines, paperwork. I had to go back and double check that I'd put my cards up safely a few times.

Morwenna

Both our cats would lie on my spreads, which I would do on the bed. They also lie on my books, notebooks, puzzle magazines, and anything I'm using while on the bed. So lately I've been doing small spreads somewhere else, or taking advantage of whatever time they're not in the bedroom. The younger one was a notorious hole-puncher when he was young, but fortunately that stopped. And the older one sometimes pees in unexpected places. Therefore I do not keep decks or loose cards lying around; they're either in a wooden box or on a somewhat high shelf, or in a tote bag stored high up.

rylla

I used to have a cat, he liked cards only made by Sniffer :) (those thick, slippery cards). I could use cards made by Sniffer only when he was slipping. Otherwise, although he used to sit on every notebook I used, on my laptop, so on, somehow he realized a spread is important to me :) so he'd sit only near a spread, contemplating with me the reading or adding to the landscape :) I guess all cats are different (except of course believing that they are the center of the world and humans are born to serve them :). Yours will let you know what you can or can't do around them :)

gregory

Lay that spread and wait....

Attachments

• centre.JPG
    centre.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 70

AnemoneRosie

I'm coming to the following conclusions:

1. My cat is defective, as he shows no interest in Tarot
2. The secret solution to this is to have a scardy-cat who is more interested in hiding than in interacting with my interests. His logic is that if I see him he's in trouble and that he needs to hide, so he hides pre-emptively.

I'll take my big furball the way he is :)