Conquering The Court - Page Wands

balenciaga

Seafra Ace - "Hey said:
I like this explanation, Seafra.
The Page of Wands is definitely introducing you to something - bringing in something new for you to deal with or look at - a person, news, whatever.

Seafra

OK, this has gotten to me bad. Entered my dreamworld and everything (here a stick, there a stick, every where a freakin' stick ... lousy plot, let me tell you).

How about this (not enough coffee to mature this thought and jumping way ahead of the game):

Ace - "Hey, look! There's a stick"
Page - "Look, I've got a stick!"
Two of Wands - "Wow, two sticks! What stick will I choose?"
Enter Knight - (someone puts something eloquent here about making choices, I haven't even had coffee)
Three of Wands
Enter Queen
Four of Wands
Enter King
Five of Wands

And now that we've got Mag to Ace, we can throw some other Majors in there in the same manner, too?

Or no? Now to make some coffee hehe - Sea

balenciaga

Knight of Wands

I do not have any eloquent words ;)for the Knight of Wands. I just see him rushing in full of fire and action, a young man. I also sometimes follow the traditional "journey" interp of this card. Maybe, "Westward ho, with the stick!"

glaive

Perhaps a shift to the Page of Cups would be appropriate at this time?

I'm holding back my sage words until they come to me ;)

I'm particularly fascinated by the Crowley system of the Pages (Princessess) representing the lowest manifestation of her suit. I wonder how much of that type of thinking is encoded into the RWS deck.

In my world, there are basically two decks: Crowley-Harris, and Waite-Smith. It seems like 90% of what follows springs from these sources. But I digress.

I like the Page of Wands. I sometimes see him in readings as a sign that the Querent needs to allow herself to experience events, and, especially, send and receive messages, like a child -- without judgement and with open eyes.

Seafra

balenciaga said:
"Westward ho, with the stick!"
Purrfect! He's taking the results of the choice, now a given, out into real life situations! Thank you balenciaga, my brain is untwisting.

glaive said:
Perhaps a shift to the Page of Cups would be appropriate at this time?

Once again, purrfect! Please excuse my running off like a knight of wands here. The idea did excite me. =) - Sea

balenciaga

Page of Cups

Page of Cups is a "message of good emotion" - love, thanks, warmth, praise. Some see it as an immature person or a child-like innocence - depending on adjoining cards.

Sinduction

Feel free to move on or continue here. I will be tracking all the threads.

glaive

In a reading, I sometimes see the Page of Cups representing the querent's energy about being open to new emotional experiences, and being able to let someone into to their heart. It depends on context and reversal whether there is a blockage or need.

So, the PoC is Earth of Water. Hmm, what's that mean I wonder. Discuss ;)

Seafra

To sum up, the Ace is the seed, the abundance, the map, the plan, the juice, the wind, the idea, the opportunity. Pages are a process, a conduit, that advances the seed, acts on the urge.

Here's my take on the Page of Wands:

Enthusiasm personified when describing an aspect of a person. Totally prepared to receive or actually anticipating exciting news. Creating, receiving or looking forward to getting all the messages, all the energy. He's a free spirit. He'll boldly poke you with his stick, sometimes past the point you'd care to be teased as he sometimes gets hyperactive. He's the kid next door who idolizes you and doesn't hide his admiration. He's the energetic puppy.

It is hard for him to control himself if he is modified by other wands.

The willingness to enter a new situation. The necessity to adapt quickly to situations, and the ability to do such. The expectation of exciting news.

Reversed: Timid, gets in his own way, dispirited and withdrawn. When you are angry about his teasing, your reaction is hysterical to him. He could be shrinking away from something he feels he should do or wants badly to do, having lost all self-assurance or cowed down by circumstance. He's either lost his stick or someone has taken it away, so the energy has soured or simply left.

Reversed and with other wands, he may be beating himself up with the stick, or aggravating someone else with it. (Like that awful Darryl Hannah commercial where the hunger keeps pokin' at you and pokin' at you and pokin' at you.) Poor impulse control - the puppy that chewed up your leather shoes as occupational therapy to relieve stress and release energy because you didn't have the foresight to get him rawhide and hide your shoes. The aggravation of being all dressed up with no where to go.

This is an anxiety attack, energy run amok. News that crushes exciting possibilities. News that brings total indecision.