Dropped Cards

alexeales

I always look at ones that drop out, and either use them or keep them out and refer to them. Unless its like more than three in which case I'll put them back and have a proper shuffle

floracove

Actually, it all depends.
I like the jumping cards, I feel they have something to say, so I either use them, or place them back in the deck, and continue shuffling.

It's wild though, every once in awhile, there will be a group of them, and when I lay them out, there's the whole celtic cross positions to be layed.
It's really interesting.
And if I have questions as to their meaning, well, I just draw another card, unless one jumps to the answer.

ravenest

I use them.
Card flips out and lands on table = You haven't noticed this but you want to look at it.
Card falls out and lands below (under chair, on floor or concealed in clients clothing) = You haven't noticed this and you dont want to look at it.
card flips out of deck while client shuffles and lands in my lap! = ? (happened once) ... something I need to communicate with this person or perhaps this is my issue ....
And so on.

maszat

I always thought there was a signifcance for cards to drop out except if I felt it was because of me not shuffling properly. I usually put them back and see if they turn up during the reading. Even if not, I note them down and see if they fit into the reading.

Evaliana

I sometimes use dropped cards in the reading by using them as significators. As a clue to see where the reading will go, or if they tie into it somewhere along the line. Then sometimes, If I don't feel a connection with them, as soon as they drop I just put them back in and shuffle.
I feel like Tarot is kind of like an Outback Steakhouse commercial: "No rules, just right!" haha!

starrystarrynight

Yesterday, while doing a reading about a friend I have lost touch with, the Emperor flew out of the deck at least three times while shuffling (might have even been four--I lost count because it astounded me!)

It's trying to tell me something, I know...but I haven't quite figured out what yet.

Yes, I ALWAYS consider "popping" cards. In fact, I often wonder if they aren't even more relevent in some way...perhaps as a way to advise you of what you should REALLY be asking about the subject...or something like that.

Edited to add:

Oh, to answer the OP's question, I never use the "jumpers", I put them back into the shuffle...but I do consider them highly...

octobersunset

Hi there. When I am shuffling, if I drop a card or maybe two or three, I tend to think there is a reason why. I rely on my intuition every time when deciding whether to use them or not, even then I might hold them at the end of the reading for 'extra information'. Sort of like an appendix to the reading.

However, if I was only planning to do a three card spread I may then use the dropped cards, again depending on my intuition.

Blessings, October Sunset xxx

euripides

intuition - that's it, isn't it.

I tend to look at them directly and consider them. Like many other who've responded, if I was only intending a small spread I'll base it around the one/s that have fallen, other times I'll shuffle them in, but always keep them in mind.

I usually spread the cards in a fan and pick them rather than shuffling from the top. Its what works for me.

I often do intuitive spreads too.

Helen

Unknownspirit

Once I dropped three cards(at different times) but just put them back in. And when I did the spead all three cards were in it.
Now I always pay attention to every card I drop now, unless there are over 5 cards.

MoreMagic

For what it's worth, my gran used to say, "What falls on the floor, comes to the door," if she dropped a card while shuffling.