Dropped Cards

starrystarrynight

MoreMagic said:
For what it's worth, my gran used to say, "What falls on the floor, comes to the door," if she dropped a card while shuffling.

Wise woman, your gran!

It happens to me often - I'm a clumsy shuffler(!) But very, very often those
dropped show up in the spread somewhere after a few more shuffles...

SunChariot

Unknownspirit said:
Once I dropped three cards(at different times) but just put them back in. And when I did the spead all three cards were in it.
Now I always pay attention to every card I drop now, unless there are over 5 cards.

Me too, I've had that. When I decided not to use the cards and just put them back and shuffle and they came back later in the spread.

Babs

Shadow Wolf

I always use them, if the fall out or drop, the universe is trying to get your attention.

Ariana

When a card pops out I tell the querent something that the card is telling me, and it always seem to fit into the situation. It seems that Tarot is trying to tell me and the person something important, and that he/she must pay attention to.
Then I put it back in the deck and go on shuffling.

These cards for me are very relevant.

catlin

I also take the cards into consideration when they fall out or when they "stick" while pulling. They often contain interesting information.

Alta

I wouldn't say I handle it the same every time. I always look at cards that jumpr or pop, and often put them back. Recently the same card jumped twoice during shuffling, I stil put it back. I chose the cards at random by fanning and it still showed up in the key position. That took me back a bit. I have indeed as others have mentioned just used the cards in the order they jumped or fell. It can work very well for me in a reading.

November's Dawn

Yes, I use dropped cards if I feel they are trying to tell me something. It also happens to me that while I shuffle I do it clumsy so some of them fall on the floor.

McFaire

Last night the entire deck jumped out of my hands. I had to dig into the couch for a few them. Maybe they just weren't in the mood!

(Actually it was just newer stiffer cards and clumsy fingers.)

Sar

Actually, it all depends.
I like the jumping cards, I feel they have something to say, so I either use them, or place them back in the deck, and continue shuffling.

It's wild though, every once in awhile, there will be a group of them, and when I lay them out, there's the whole celtic cross positions to be layed.
It's really interesting.
And if I have questions as to their meaning, well, I just draw another card, unless one jumps to the answer.

I do the horse spread/Romani 21.

Salena

I sometimes drop more than 5 cards.I think I just put them on the bottom. I'm starting to question my readings when that happens. Then I would ask the same question again while trying not to drop the cards again.I think its different if one card jumps out though.