Has anyone 'invented' their own method of divination?

kayne

I really like that idea, Mataz... might have to start my collection...

slinky_jo

This has been done before, but it's something that Ramses will enjoy ;)

I was walking along this beach out of town for the very first time. Now this beach is pretty trippy - it has stones/smooth pebbles instead of sand! Well, I couldn't help but grab a handful to take home. When I got them home, I cleaned them then put them aside, not knowing what to do with them.

One day, as I was studying my Egyptology book for a University essay, I had a great idea - why not paint Egyptian symbols/heiroglyphs on the stones? So I painted the symbols for the main gods on some, and painted other symbols, like ankh, etc etc. I keep them in a velvet bag I "made" (actually a sleeve from an old shirt!). They are very useful at guiding me, using a one stone draw. And they remind me of that beautiful beach, and my old Uni days! :)

silvereye

your own divination deck

I wonder how much fun it would be to create your own deck.
the other day I was reading Macbeth, I was thinking, why not create a deck with a line from the play on each card?
But that could be quite difficult.
Right now I'm trying to draw my own tarot cards but my artwork is horrible~

kayne

Hope you are going to join the Deck Creation Study Group Silvereye :)

Kiama

Another Tarot related divination thing I came across: For each Major Arcana, find a crystal to represent it, and put them all in a bag and simply draw! For instance, rose quartz may be used for the Lovers, malacite for the Hermit, Obsidian for Death.... But you'd need to research each crystal's properties for this.

Silvereye: There is a Shakespearian Tarot deck, which does use Macbeth quite alot. The 9 of Swords is a picture of Lady Macbeth sleepwalking, looking at her 'bloodied' hands, saying, 'Out damn'd spot! Out I say!' That's the only one I can remember at the moment, but I thought that card was really good!

Faunabay: I'm gonna have to try that suggestion! I think it'll be fun!

Kiama

New River

i don't know if this is the same as creating my own divination method, but i do know that if i am out and see lots of red vehicles it is a warning to me to be extra careful of the 'other' guy or that someone i know is at risk for auto accident.

it's weird how most of the time i don't notice red cars. trucks, etc. but on these days i will see 80% red vehicles. not just cars and trucks but vans, scooters, bikes, delivery trucks, all of them. it's a message that can't be missed when it happens.

metaz: i loved your idea of the charms in the bag. i can see where collecting them was fun and i'm soooooo gonna do this!

malachite: cool with the crows. i do this with all birds and animals. i feel they all have a message to bring me. try looking at them and just 'think-talking' to them. they really do know you are talking to them. and lots of times you'll hear thoughts back. at least i do.

love, light and hope, New River

mystic

A thought to ponder....

Why do you suppose that all of you relate red, bumps in the hall, many crows with negative aspects of your energy.

It would be interesting to see if being stopped at 5 red lights doesn't bring something good your way...or who's to say that being bumped and jostled on your way to class means your going to have a stellar day.

And therefore the conclusion could be made in your mind. If I get bumped, I'm going to have a bad day. Therefore you do. You might want to try the experiment both ways and see how you react.....hmmmmm....

It may just turn out that your mind, not the instances of divination, ruled the day.......

Just a thought.......

Pollux

BIRDS!!!

I don't know if that is actually divination...
But I do look for birds around, and try to understand the message they are trying to give me - when I feel they want to tell me something...

For example, today, while I was walking home from Uni, I saw two blackbirds, jumping on the ground - it was a type of small garden of the Hospital, I study Medicine and there's plenty of green areas there at the Policlinico!:)
However, while they scoured the ground and found bits of things they seemed to eat, I noticed that they behaved as if one was mirroring the other...

It suddenly occurred to me to associat this to a difficult situation I am dealing with at the moment... Geez. (I was thinking about that when I saw the birds, and they sort of got me drawn). And I understood that, the more I dared and tried hard to stand for what I wanted, the more I would have been satisfied... My moving forward would have been corresponded...

My middle nime, for the week at least, is "DARE TRY IT!". :D

Logiatrix

i used to do those things as a kid--bumps in the ceiling or cracks in the sidewalk, birds flying, cars in certain colors, whatever...and it was true, i always read these incidental occurences as harbingers of BAD things!
NOW, there are certain things that make a GOOD day for me, and they are ALL in my control.
like when i wear my "superman" t-shirt and my combat boots, that's a good day...or when i start my day with a CD compilation i put together--i titled it "morning music"--there's a definite good day. when my hair's not flying all over the place, or when i actually have time to put on make-up, i call that a good day!