How do I discover my career?

13thFaeChylde

Wonderful! Thanks so much :)

Right now, and for the past 10 years, I've been an administrative asst or an office manager or something along these lines.

I HATE IT!!!

But, I am the money-winner in the family, as my husband is disabled and is the domestic engineer. So I have to do something that pays well (not that this does) and has insurance and other benefits. But I feel like I die a little each day, b/c I'm never challenged. I just make arrangments for other people.

Hope that little blurb of info helps when you're looking into career directions! Thanks again!

Mystic Chris

Hello 13thFaeChylde!

I'll take a stab at answering your question. Here goes:

One of the first things I look at a chart when the question is about career is the sign on the Midheaven, which is the most public part of the chart, as well as any planets in the tenth house.

The sign on your Midheaven is Scorpio. Neptune is in your 10th house of career and public reputation and makes aspects, or connections, with two other planets - the Moon and Pluto. What does this mean?

Scorpio careers are good for you, and they involve any one of the following: research, investigation, detective work, surgery, deep analysis, spirituality, and excavation.

Neptune can represent compassion, spirituality, and artistic talent. With Neptune in your public house, it might be good for you to be in a career where you can express your compassion to others, or express yourself artistically, or share your spirituality.

The connections Neptune makes with the Moon and Pluto represent opportunities. The Moon and Pluto are in your 8th house and in the sign of Virgo. With your natural friendliness and compassion, you can inspire people to act. Whatever ideals you have, you can turn into reality. You might make a good counselor, spiritual leader, or financial advisor.

Jupiter and Uranus are also in your 8th house, but in the sign of Libra. If you went the counselor route, you will have great impact on the lives you help. If you go the spiritual leader route, you will help your religion of choice be able to bridge the gap between the old and the new or tradition and change. If you go the financial advisor route, you might be able to make a good amount of money for other people (and for yourself through consulting fees, etc.). However, I would caution taking crazy financial risks because you are lucky, but not that lucky.

In addition, all of these planets in your 8th house make a lovely connection with Venus in your first house. You are pleasant and personable, a good communicator, which will definitely help you in your career of choice.

Now here is the monkey wrench: both your Sun and Mercury don't like the group of planets in your 8th house. In fact, your Sun and Mercury probably rebel against what talent or emotional leanings you might have that I already mentioned above. This is because your Sun and Mercury are in the adventurous and out-doorsy sign of Sagittarius. Sitting in a cubicle in front of a computer all day is like being in a windowless cell in the Bastille.

You are willing to work hard for your goals. But I suspect that you can't stand to do detail work closed in an office. A big picture kind-of-person, you probably like to be physically active on the job or at least be in a leadership position where you are calling the shots.

A possible resolution to this push and pull situation, if you absolutely abhor menial office life, is to stretch your mind, challenge yourself, and learn new things. You can go back to school or you can take additional courses offered through your job or self-teach yourself new things.

For example, if you are a bookkeeper, study QuickBooks inside and out so that you become a more valuable bookkeeper where you can start a consulting business. (You'll get to dictate your price and time.) Or study to become a reverend, and then you would become a role model in your spiritual community. Or sign up with Primerica and get your Series 7 license so that you can advise people on their stock portfolio. I hope you are getting the idea that you have many possibilities.

It's all about balance knowing that you got talent with details and people and have an office administration background, but you prefer to take on leadership roles and affect people's lives. You are a humanitarian at heart and like to make the world a better place. Keep that in mind as you figure out a new path.

One last note: I see another thing that needs balancing - what you want versus what other people want. Are you a martyr type? You know, the kind of person who puts other people's needs before their own? It's great that you care for others, but it is equally, if not more important, that you care for yourself, too. Balance the see-saw, and you'll be a happy person.

I hope I have given you useful information. If I am wrong, well, I hope then that you were entertained.

Best of luck!

Mystic Chris :)

P.S.

I just went back to your last post in the thread. To address your financial concern, may I suggest that you look at your current skill set and experience, and find what you are really good at that will sell. Become a consultant. Also, take some time for yourself. You may want to join an organization where you are helping society. Or you may want to just give yourself more TLC so that life does not become so frustrating. Go get a massage or take a longer than usual dip in the tub. Love thyself, woman!

13thFaeChylde

Wow, what a diverse group of careers I have to pick from!

Of course, I am at work right now, but will read this in more depth when I get home.

Thanks, Mystic Chris!!

13thFaeChylde

Mystic Chris~

Just visited the numerology website you posted on the other thread, and here's my expression number, which kind of fits with what you said about my career...it's very interesting stuff!

Your Expression number is 11. The number 11 is the first of the master numbers. It is associated with idealistic concepts and rather spiritual issues. Accordingly, it is a number with potentials that are somewhat more difficult to live up to. You have the capacity to be inspirational, and the ability to lead merely by your own example. An inborn inner strength and awareness can make you an excellent teacher, social worker, philosopher, or advisor. No matter what area of work you pursue, you are very aware and sensitive to the highest sense of your environment. Your intuition is very strong; in fact, many psychic people and those involved in occult studies have the number 11 expression. You possess a good mind with keen analytical ability. Because of this you can probably succeed in most lines of work, however, you will do better and be happier outside of the business world. Oddly enough, even here you generally succeed, owing to your often original and unusual approach. Nonetheless, you are more content working with your ideals, rather than dollars and cents.
The positive aspect of the number 11 expression is an always idealistic attitude. Your thinking is long term, and you are able to grasp the far-reaching effects of actions and plans. You are disappointed by the shortsighted views of many of your contemporaries. You are deeply concerned and supportive of art, music, or of beauty in any form.

The negative attitudes associated with the number 11 expression include a continuous sense of nervous tension; you may be too sensitive and temperamental. You tend to dream a lot and may be more of a dreamer than a doer. Fantasy and reality sometimes become intermingled and you are sometimes very impractical. You tend to want to spread the illumination of your knowledge to others irrespective of their desire or need.

TemperanceAngel

Hello!
I hope you don't mind me butting in as I found this thread really interesting and rushed off to look at my chart and found nothing in the 10th House and Chiron in the Second, perhaps this is why I was such a 'drifter' in my 20's?

DOB: 21.07.1971 9:30pm XTAX

Mystic Chris

TemperanceAngel,

Sorry, I do not know what XTAX stands for. Also, I need your birth place (city, state, country) to get your chart at astro.com.

Thanks!

TemperanceAngel

Hi Mystic Chris,

Bendigo, Victoria, Australia...

KissTemperanceAngelKiss aka XTAX

Mystic Chris

Hello DeLani,

I can see why one would say that a writing career would fit you – Mercury is in your 10th house of career and public reputation. However, I disagree that a writing career would fit you.

Mercury is so close to the 11th house that Mercury can be interpreted as having influence over both your 10th and 11th houses. There is no doubt that you have writing talent. In fact, you have excellent communication skills, and can speak very persuasively because you know exactly what to say to affect a desired reaction. Sagittarius is on your Midheaven and you got a party of planets hanging out in your 11th house. You are a humanitarian at heart and put so much of your energy in making this world a better place. You probably like being out there with others in clubs and organizations, possibly taking on leadership roles. You are also a restless, outdoors type of person, and would not want to be stuck indoors writing a novel. Putting together all of your talents, you may like working with others fighting for a good cause.

I would recommend either going into law, or getting involved in politics, or becoming a spokesperson. On top of your persuasive ability, you come off to the public as charming and graceful, and would make a good spokesperson because your heart is close to the cause. You have the potential to be a successful mover and shaker – a good organizer, pioneering, eloquent, and compassionate. However, be aware of pride, arrogance, restlessness, and rebelliousness.

What would be a good cause for you to support or fight for? May I suggest that which would be represented by your 4th house – parental rights, senior citizens rights, orphans, abused or abandoned children, homeowner’s rights. Have faith in yourself and just listen to your heart – it will guide you well.

I hope you have useful information and best of luck with your endeavors.

Mystic Chris

Mystic Chris

Dear Dolphinprincess,

It’s all about the home and hobbies.

Your chart was an interesting read because I had to look at it from a different angle than I normally would have. Usually, in order to answer the career question, an astrologer would look immediately at the sign on the Midheaven and the location of the 10th house ruler. But the first thing that caught my eye was the party of planets hanging out in your 6th house opposing your Saturn in the 12th. You are an ambitious and responsible person, probably a work-a-holic. You might also be too critical and demanding of yourself, and feel guilty if you pursue creative activities. As with any opposition, there is a need for balance, and in your case it is between work and play. There is also a need to develop self-love and self-worth. Having said that, I will now try to answer your question of career.

Aries rules your Midheaven, and Mars, the planetary ruler of Aries, is in your 5th house of fun and hobbies. The best career for you is something that you would do for fun. You say in your Aeclectic profile that you love animals. Then you might want to consider a path that will allow you to work closely with animals, like a zoologist or veterinarian. You probably do not want to be indoors or tied to a desk job. And you probably do not seek the spotlight. If you were in front of a crowd, you most likely would be as a trainer or educator, discussing or lecturing on a topic you truly enjoy.

The home is also highlighted (the ruler of your 5th house is in the fourth). It seems as if your home will be the center of your career or maybe you are concerned with the home or habitat of creatures. Maybe you would enjoy traveling around the world, caring for animals in their natural habitats, probably the watery type (Saturn and Jupiter are both in watery signs).

As a strong earth person, you might think that my suggestion above, or the idea of turning your hobby into a career is impractical. Maybe. But I should also point out that you might be good at speculation and real estate investments. These might be a good source of passive income for you, which hopefully will allow you to let go of the guilt that prevents you from pursuing what you enjoy.

I could be totally off the mark with the animal care path. Basically, from what I can see in your birth chart, an ideal career for you would be something you already enjoy when you are not working.

To be honest with you, your chart was a bit of a challenge (but a fun one). I hope that I have provided useful information to you. Thank you again for the reading exchange.

Best wishes!

Mystic Chris

dolphinprincess

This was AWESOME!!!!! I am going to PM you ... THANK YOU!