How do I discover my career?

DeLani

dear Mystic Chris,
That was right on spot. I am very committed to social causes, and have been told I should go into law. I'd love to work for a social justice organization, but there aren't very many that pay (lots of volunteer opportunities, but nothing that pays).
The causes I find close to my heart are economic justice and environmentalism (perhaps due to my aquarius rising? Or Chiron in my 2nd house?). May I ask why you suggested 4th house causes? Just curious.
Thank you so much,
DeLani

Mystic Chris

DeLani said:
dear Mystic Chris,
That was right on spot. I am very committed to social causes, and have been told I should go into law. I'd love to work for a

social justice organization, but there aren't very many that pay (lots of volunteer opportunities, but nothing that pays).
The causes I find close to my heart are economic justice and environmentalism (perhaps due to my aquarius rising? Or Chiron

in my 2nd house?). May I ask why you suggested 4th house causes? Just curious.
Thank you so much,
DeLani

Hello DeLani,

I had suggested 4th house causes because the ruler of your 11th house, Saturn, is placed in your 4th house, AND the ruler of your 4th house, Mercury, is in your 11th house. That is, there is mutual house reception. The goals which each house represents are more easily fulfilled in the area the other represents because the houses support one another.

The 11th house, among other things, represents humanitarian causes, your goals and dreams, and where you feel bigger than life. With Saturn in your 4th house, that connection would suggest that you accomplish your goals and dreams by pursuing causes or projects related to the 4th house. Actually, I did not mention this before, but the 4th house represents your home, one of your parents, your home environment, or your birth land. On a more general level, the 4th house can also represent the environment and concern for it. This explains your interest in environmentalism. Another interpretation of the ruler of your 11th in your 4th house is that your home will be the base of operations for one of your organizations or in pursuing your dreams. Maybe you like having neighborhood meetings at your home or working from home. In my last post for you I had focused on issues affecting people since the 11th house is concerned with humanity. But now I see that your Midheaven is in the nature-loving sign of Sagittarius, and the ruler of your 10th is in your 11th house. Whether you choose to fight for Mother Nature or your fellow Man, you will feel larger than life and on track in pursuing your dreams.

In addition, you have a bucket shaped chart. It has most of the planets in a couple of houses and directly opposite that group is one planet that forms the handle. This planet is known as the Singleton. Bucket people usually have a single-minded drive in achieving their goals, which is usually represented by the Singleton, which in your case is Saturn.

I hope that I have addressed your concerns about the 4th house. Also, have you considered studying grant writing? You would be paid a good amount of money helping non-for-profits and other organizations get money.

Best wishes!

Mystic Chris :)

Mystic Chris

TemperanceAngel said:
Hello!
I hope you don't mind me butting in as I found this thread really interesting and rushed off to look at my chart and found nothing in the 10th House and Chiron in the Second, perhaps this is why I was such a 'drifter' in my 20's?

DOB: 21.07.1971 9:30pm XTAX

Hello TemperanceAngel,

I am very sorry that I have not responded to your question sooner. My personal life has drawn me away from the forum.

To answer your question, just because there are no planets in the houses associated with your work and career does not mean that you would be a "drifter." It might mean that there are other aspects of your life that are more important; that your career does not define you; or that your career is a means to an end for another area of your life.

Jupiter is the ruler of your 10th house and is placed in your 9th house. You might make a good professor, scientist, or theologian.

Saturn opposite your Neptune and Jupiter, and the ruler of your 1st in your 9th might explain your wanderlust when you were in your 20's.

If you have had many trials or challenges when you were younger, the oppositions suggest that the latter half of your life would be easier.

You also have a cluster of planets near or in your 5th house - you like to party, gamble, be creative, or have a large family. The 7th house is another active place in your chart. You like forming close relationships with people who are unusual, come from backgrounds very different from yours, and who help you transform into your ideal self.

If you have any more questions, please PM me. Best wishes!

TemperanceAngel

Mystic Chris

It was really, really lovely of you to look into that for me....thank you so much!!!!

That naughty Saturn :laugh: always causing trouble! XTAX

Mystic Chris

You are welcome TemperanceAngel. Thank you for your patience and understanding. XMCX

TemperanceAngel

Mystic Chris I really like your interpretations, it doesn't matter that I have had my chart interpreted before, it's always great to have a new insight!

I'd love to be a professor, maybe it's not a dream after all!

I did have trials and challenges when I was younger, so look forward to things becoming easier. That was really great to hear.

"You like to party, gamble, be creative or have a large family." That really made me chuckle. Party YES, gamble no, creative YES, large family no, but I always have children around me.

Spot on about my friendships too, interesting people make life interesting :) XTAX

Mystic Chris

Thank you isthmus nekoi!

DeLani

Isthmus,
That was a great article.
My 2nd house is Aries, with only Chiron all lonely and not aspecting to any other planets. It is true that I feel I have a "wound" there due to my poverty.
My 6th house is Leo, but with no planets in it. So I guess my MC & 10th house are the stars of the show, so to speak.