How many decks do you guys have?

SunChariot

How many decks do you guys have?Can one have too many decks?

I learnt that for Tarot, you can learn different things from different set of tarot decks... Same for Oracle .....

But for Lenormand, someone told me no matter what kind of deck design I get, the way of reading is fix and standard, so there is no need for me to get so many different decks...

is this true?

I have 117 decks, although admittedly not all are Tarots. Some are Oracles, some Angel decks, and a few are even playing card decks. Oh and yes I have 1 Lenormand.

Yes, with the Lenormand traditionally your are not supposed to read the card images, just the meanings for the cards. And to let your intuition flow from that. Not to say you are ever forced to do things traditionally. We can follow our hearts and souls and what works best for us.

But yes, that is how I read Lenormands too. It is meant to be fixed and standard. Whether or not you need more than one deck or not is a personal decision. Sometimes we may just feel in the mood for something different to look at. Could be as simple as that.

Babs

IHeartRescues

Personally i love collecting Lenormand decks (and Tarots and oracles). Tho I won't buy ANY Lennies that I can't read, transl. SEE them easily. I am intent on learning the traditional ways of reading these cards first. But many of the newer serve the purpose quite well I find.

So I have 17! of those and am resisting, but may just have to get one more that just showed up fm my wish list as more affordable than it was. But not now...

Sigrdrifa

I have somewhere around 50 decks (the list in my profile is always up to date) but plan on selling about 10 of them. I try took keep my wish-list shorter than my have-list, but still, it keeps growing :/

EmpyreanKnight

I have about 50 decks - mostly Tarot, a few oracles and playing cards, and a single Lenormand. I only have a few more decks (around two dozen or so) I plan to eventually add to my collection, but I want to pace myself and make sure that they really would be staying for good.

In a perfect world, I would have all the time I need to master all the decks I possess. What with the demands of my career, and various pursuits (books, gym, social engagements, and of course Tarot) pulling me hither and thither in the course of all the ridiculously minuscule free time I can muster - hmmmm I guess I can sacrifice sleep? That would mess up all mah gainz tho. :(

TinySpark

I have 7 tarot decks, 1 goddess oracle, and 4 sets of normal but pretty playing cards I use for cartomancy...

I used to have more, but I find that every time I buy a new and pretty and shiny I always gravitate back towards my old decks.

I think I am good with decks, feeling no need to buy new ones. Though I might get a couple nicer pretty tarot bags for my faves ... ;b

EmpressArwen

I thought it said there....yes it does - 2256 + a few in book form.

Holy smokes! Can I come over? I just want to look! I will put on white gloves and will try hard not to breathe/drool on them!

I currently have 1 tarot deck and 5 oracles (not including apps).

Rowan Witchcraft

I rearranged my decks the other day so counted them at the same time. I've currently got 15 tarot decks, 4 of which I got about week ago so I'm not going to be buying any more for a while (that's the plan anyway! :D)

quietly

I try took keep my wish-list shorter than my have-list, but still, it keeps growing :/

Oh, I can suggest an easy solution for that one! Buy most of the decks on your wishlist! Presto. :D

I actually keep a list of decks I don't want (so that my family can freely buy me decks as gifts without having to stick to a wishlist). Whenever I feel like I am wanting/have too many decks, I can just take a peek at the row count and feel so much better!

Morwenna

53 Tarot decks, 18 oracles/Lenormands, and I totally forget how many decks of playing cards, more than 30 I know.