How much does the house number influence your choice of home?

Le Fanu

The house I grew up in was number 16 = 7. Great number! Maybe relevant? Now it's number 15 = 6. Not such a great number. Seven is always a good bet.

HearthCricket

I never really thought about it, though I am sure I would prefer not to live at #13 or #666, but anything that added up to those numbers or any other number doesn't bother me at all. Like others said before me, it is what you put into the home; love, light and laughter. I don't think I would ever want to live in a house where violence took place, though, or some kind of tragedy, unless it be a natural death.

Lillie

I'd love to live at house number 666.

Preferably 666 Psycho Avenue.

That would just make me laugh so much.

celticnoodle

Lillie said:

:p I don't know, Lillie.
the 666 wouldn't bother me so much, but the "Psycho Avenue" would deter me from even LOOKING at the house in the first place.
I'd wonder about all the neighbors! lol! :laugh:

Libra8ca

Lillie said:

Haha... same here. It wouldn't bother me. I just don't want to live in #911.

Ashtaroot

In numerology the numbers have to be reduced to A single number all the time so 13 and 666 and 51 are very good actually any number that attracts you it is that certain vibration
For example
Meanings of House Numbers

Number 1

This house will encourage individuality, courage, determination, and integrity for those who live there. It is an excellent house for a person who wants to undertake an individualistic creative venture. If you want to follow your own instincts, are independent, and self reliant then this is the house for you.

Number 2

This is a great house to develop your intuition and psychic abilities, and to pay attention to the subtle energies of gardens, art, and music. Sensitivity is heightened here, and the occupants will grow in awareness of the subtle, small aspects of life.

Number 3

This is an entertaining/ party house. There is a tendency with the 3 to Play Now and pay later, so a keen eye on finances will be necessary. Remember all that entertaining can add up fast! In addition, spontaneous, impulsive action can be a challenge with the 3 house as well.

Number 4

People who live in a 4 house will find it easier to be steady, loyal, well respected, and grounded. This is a great home for planting your roots---and seeding your dreams.

Number 5

People who live here will enjoy life through its pleasures ( read this as wine, women,…you know the rest), or through the thrill of being on the leading edge of new trends, owning the latest gadget, or being "in the know" of progressive thinking.

Number 6

This is the home of the gardener, especially for one who loves to beautify he home and grounds with lots of flowers. Make this a place of beauty and love, for that's the natural vibration of the 6.

Number 7

If partners are to live together in a 7 house, both should expect lots of aloneness and aloofness. However, pairs of contemplative, introspective souls will do very well here.

Number 8

If you're ready to get the material side of your life in order, move into an 8 house. This house will encourage organisation, vision, and management of financial matters, and through discipline and vision, you can achieve a position of power while living in an 8 house. Success and financial abundance are possible under this house's vibration. It will often be a place of business activity.

Number 9

This is a home for the compassionate and the tolerant, a great space for the humanitarian. If you have no racial or social prejudices, or have a burning desire to help the world, this is the house for you. The 9 vibration allows you to see the possibilities, to see beyond limitations and oppression. This is a home for the broadminded thinkers. You will find rewards for past efforts in this house.

There are many ways and definition also calculate the number of the whole address
This site explains it

http://thecosmicpsychic.com/articles/?p=32
There is lots of sites just put in the search for numerology for home address some of them they do the calculation for you.

It is very eerie

All numbers are ok really depending what you want to go through I just don't like the five cause of lots of tension and polarity and change

Also apply the tarot but not only the trump like for example number 5
Look at all the cards that are fives 5 swords 5 pent 5 cups 5 wands plus hierophant.

It is an amazing science from the time of Babylon ;)

And this place does the calculation for you

Faolainn Storm

Lillie said:
I don't think it would ever influence my decision.

Mostly I never have a choice, I take what's avaliable.

However almost every place I have lived in has had a 5 in the number, or has added up to 5.

Like 14, 51, 15, 45. all ones and fives and fours.

Odd isn't it?
My situation is the same. I have never been the one to decide where I will live, yet every house I have lived in has has the number 3 in the address.

3, 15/3, 3/73, 1/135

I don't know if this means anything, but I can't help feeling that if I had to move, I would look for a place with a 3 in the address. Just because.

FS

AmethystEyes

Hmm, when reading a numerology book it said something about the house number having an influence on what happens while you live there. But I don't know how true it is....After that I pay attention to the numbers when people move but I don't think it would stop me if it felt right.

Lula Jing

Thanks for those meanings Ashtaroot, very interesting.

As DA says, if the move felt right I'd move anyway regardless of number but thinking back I can relate to a couple of things.

Early childhood: 3 - I can remember the door was always knocking with visitors

School years: 82:1 - This house experienced two fires (one before we moved in and one after my parents split up). It wasn't a happy home for me.

I can't actually remember some of my addresses... I have moved lots of times and have rented quite a bit over the years.

The only place I have ever owned was a two - this was a nice flat and brought me some money luck. :)

Last 7 years I've lived in 10:1 and 64:1 and I've been single the whole time :(

Makes you think!

Milfoil

BTW - this thread looks like it should really be in Divination, it will probably be moved there in the next 24 hours. :)

Thank you for the numerological associations with house numbers Asharoot.

From those I looked at my own home. Right now I live at 13 (4) and it has indeed been a place of stability, planting roots and bringing dreams into being (but not without actually taking bold steps or calculated risks so to speak)

We are moving to 42 (6) and the main feature of this property is the extensive and beautiful landscaped gardens. It really was one of the most significant draws towards buying this house (even though we have now torn most of it down and are re-building) so yes, 6 makes sense, I have always loved being outside but never could get passionate about the garden at no 13.

Now the interesting bit is that the house also has a name which reduces down to 8. From Asharoot's list, 8 also makes sense from both the past owners and from our own standpoint.

The road that it stands on reduces down to 9 and, so far, we have found that all our neighbours are helpful, generous and compassionate.

Interesting!