How much does the house number influence your choice of home?

Libra8ca

Lula Jing said:
For example, I don't think I would want to sell or advertise a property for a figure with lots of 5's in - like £255, 595 for example. I'd rather say £256,000 or £254,000. People tend to put £595 on the end but the sale usually goes to a round number.
:D
There is a reason why a lot of prices end in .99. I read about this somewhere; unfortunately I don't remember what is was. Maybe someone else knows? I think people buy more when it ends in .99, but why I don't know.

Ashtaroot

Vadella said:
I've thought about this (not surprisingly lol). My current home adds to the Hanged Man, and I do sure as H*ll feel stuck with this house. I despise living in it, but my DH will not move.... yet. Our kids don't like it either. It is a rental and we are always the ones spending our own money to fix things that have nothing to do with normal wear and tear. Why my DH won't move? Who knows.

What do you think would be a good home to move to? By that, I mean what theme? I guess there are good and bad through out but wanted to know what would be the best, IF these things were true.

I do agree you go by vibes when entering a home, also. :)

There is no good and no bad it is just is.
We all follow our instincts and we do what feels right and usually it all coincides... You can add up your license plate your ss number anything really in your life and you will find lots of patterns.
Going through theses vibrations is part of our path and def we make our own path..

And of course it has to be in the budget:)

Miss Divine

I don't remember all the house numbers I've lived at, but the last few were
100=1, 108=9, and in February I moved to a 28 house (2+8=10=1)

I do pay attention to numbers and before I moved in here I was a little bit worried about this being a 1 house. I don't want to end up a lonesome hermit ya know.:D

But the house was just too wonderful to pass up. I love love love this place, and the neighborhood is lovely and very safe, which is important to me because I have kids. It's a cozy safe refugee and now I don't even care about what number it is. I'm so happy here yay!!:D:D

Lula Jing

Miss Divine said:
But the house was just too wonderful to pass up. I love love love this place, and the neighborhood is lovely and very safe, which is important to me because I have kids. It's a cozy safe refugee and now I don't even care about what number it is. I'm so happy here yay!!:D:D
Yay! :party: This is what I like to hear. :)

NorthernTigress

This reminds me of an article I read online once about how obsessive people can get about numbers in Asian cultures. For them, it isn't about numerology, but the way things sound.

For example, 8 (Ba) is extremely popular, but it sounds like "to become wealthy" (Fa). People will go out of their way to get an address, phone number, car license plate or ID card with as many 8s as possible. Sichuan Airlines just spent 2.3 million yuan ($280,000.00) for the phone number 88888888. The 2008 Olympics in Beijing not only started on August 8th, 2008 (8/8/08) their opening ceremonies started at 8:08:08 pm local time.

On the other hand, 4 is considered incredibly UNlucky because the number (Si) sounds almost identical to the word for Death. In Asian countries, many buildings don't have a 4th floor, similar to the "missing" 13th floor older Western buildings. With the number 14, they get it both ways. If you call it "fourteen" then it sounds like Shi Si, "ten deaths". If you call it "ten and four" it sounds like Yao Si, "I want to die".

Amanda

Libra8ca said:
There is a reason why a lot of prices end in .99. I read about this somewhere; unfortunately I don't remember what is was. Maybe someone else knows? I think people buy more when it ends in .99, but why I don't know.

This is called a Psychological Pricing tactic.

That is to say that if something were $3.00 - the first thing people would notice is the 3 and it would seem like it was more.

If the same item was $2.99 the left-digit anchoring effect would kick in, and people would see the difference between these two as $1.00, rather than $.01.

An odd-pricing method (where a price ends in a 9 or a 5; .99, .49, .95, etc.) gives consumers the impression that the item has been marked down to the lowest point possible so they feel they are getting a deal.

astroandtarot

Le Fanu said:
Oh gosh. Not at all. Other things are far more important; the overall energy of the house when you walk in. It can be 666 or number 13 but if it's a nice house, with light & energy, I'll be happy there. It never even crossed my mind to think about the number of my house till you mentioned it! :D

i feel the energy of the house.

Lula Jing

Ashtaroot said:
In numerology...
Number 5

People who live here will enjoy life through its pleasures ( read this as wine, women,…you know the rest), or through the thrill of being on the leading edge of new trends, owning the latest gadget, or being "in the know" of progressive thinking.
Haha, I'm going to be living in a dwelling numbered 410=5 within the next couple of months. Should make a nice change from 1! ;)

Lula Jing

Ashtaroot said:
All numbers are ok really depending what you want to go through I just don't like the five cause of lots of tension and polarity and change

Also apply the tarot but not only the trump like for example number 5
Look at all the cards that are fives 5 swords 5 pent 5 cups 5 wands plus hierophant.
That's what I was thinking - hence a little disappointment when I realised I was going to be living in a 5 rather than an 8. However, it totally makes sense in a way because I won't be burying roots there; it will probably be a temporary home and I'll probably move on again at some point.

QueenxxCups

I am friends with many people of Asian heritage and they do this as well. One woman refused to buy a home based on the street number. I'm still not entirely sure what is the methodology behind this. I asked her which numbers were 'good' and which were 'bad.' She says it has more to do with *your* personal numbers, and knowing which numbers are good for you and which are not so good.