Meditation Buddies?

greatdane

Today ended my second week of meditation...I started two weeks tomorrow so tomorrow I up it to 25 minutes or try to do two sessions, maybe one 20, one 15 minutes. But the online meditation timer reallllly helps! Once I make the decision to click it and it starts, it's like I've made the decision to meditate.

For those having a problem getting any time in, if you're shooting for twenty minutes a day, break it down into two ten minute sessions.

No privacy? There's almost always a place you can be alone for ten or fifteen minutes, even if it's soaking in the tub.

There is also walking meditation so you can get it in while you're exercising.

I hope all who want to do this are giving it a try. I know it's hard to work it in and make it a habit, but the rewards are so worth it, it's FREE, and there are no negative side effects :).

GryffinSong

I've been getting some time in on most days, often just before or just after drawing a card for the day. I'm at the Arizona Renaissance Festival for two months, so I'm not on the internet all that often, but I'm thinking of you guys. There are two tarot readers right outside my shop here! :)

greatdane

Enjoy, GryffinSong!

Thinking about meditation is a step, so it's great that it crosses your mind. I am sure you must be having a fabulous time there! The weather should be great this time of year in AZ.

greatdane

Thoughts and Realizations as I am mid way thru Week Three

I am now up to 25 minutes of meditation. Some realizations and thoughts as I continue on my journey:

The more gentle I am with my thoughts, the better. I don't treat it like I am trying to "break" a horse, but that I am gently guiding it to where I wish it to go. I neither try to not think of anything nor to think of just one thing.

There is a train that is quite near my home. You hear the train whistle often. This doesn't distract my meditation as I gently try to just be in the moment. I see the train and I as SHARING the moment. This is something that is happening in my space, my time and I neither dwell on oh, this train is bothering me, but just kind of share the train "ride". We are both here in this moment.

Something else I have come to realize is that the more I stay in the moment, it is almost.....exhilarating..... In a way, it is like travelling outside your body, astral travel, or think like beaming to other places, like in Star Trek :). Only I am bringing myself BACK to my body, BACK to the moment I am in. So often I think we are all "out there", we are not really in our bodies, but our thoughts are taking us EVERYWHERE but in the moment we're actually in. To actually be in the moment, right here, right now, feels empowering. I am just...BEING. No thinking about needing to do this or that, or what I must do later today, I am just...here.

GryffinSong

Beautiful and powerful thoughts, greatdane! I'm so glad to see how this Practice is enriching your life.

celticnoodle

well, I have not had much time to dedicate to meditations till I'm in bed and I try then as it is finally quiet. However, it also just leads to sleep.

Too much going on, phone calls being made and received and waited for and running around taking care of important issues. However! as soon as I am able to get into it again, I will. I can't wait!

greatdane

Just trying to keep this alive...

I have been meditating every day although I did drop back down to 20 minutes a day. I did 30 for about ten days and found it easier to just commit to 20 and made it easier to not feel like it was a chore. I may work back up to 30 again later, but I am happy with 20 in a sitting right now. Anyone else working on this? Meditation buddies? Just saw this about chimes beginning and end of 15 min meditation if this is helpful for anyone.

inanna_tarot

Ive only just seen this thread but I think this is so brilliant!
I am trying to find the space to meditate and 'sit in the power' for any length of time each day .
This is easier to do on my days off than when I am working my crazy topsy turvy arrhythmic shifts.

Great to see a place of support and encouragement for just sitting and being :D

greatdane

HI Inanna!

I've found lots of great youtube videos for sitting for various lengths of time. Right now, I'm finding 20 works well for me. I set my online meditation timer that chimes when the time is up. But there are some with lovely guided meditations. I posted a couple on threads here, the mindfulness and zen threads. I don't know if there will be of interest to you, but I am looking for meditation buddies :). And you're right, we all need time to just...BE. To just lightly still the chatter. To focus on our breathing. To take a little ME vacation during the day!