New to Runes

Runester

for rune cards i recommend the power of the runes deck...great fully colored deck.

also for anyone interested I compiled some text in wordpad form for easy printing and reading they contain keywords and simple sentences. links follow

http://www.angelfire.com/psy/rhune/1st_Aett.wpd
http://www.angelfire.com/psy/rhune/2nd_Aett.wpd
http://www.angelfire.com/psy/rhune/3rd_Aett.wpd

I compiled these from various websites,books so I didn`t have to drag 3 books out at a time.

sunnyway being one.
I also added some of my own thoughts.but not many.

hope these help anyone new to runes.

stella01904

caridwen said:
I couldn't connect with my runes so I bloodied them.lol
MM ~ Very traditional!
I have both stones and wood but my dog, bless him, chewed up a couple of the wooden ones and I much prefered them to stone.
That's nothing, my dog got my rune bag while I was out a couple of years ago, he scattered them! And there was one stone I couldn't find. I watched carefully when I took him outside for a couple of days and - PRESTO! I guess he needed the power of Eh, the way some people make rune cakes...
One thing that annoys me is the Blum blank rune. It's the spare rune in sets used for such incidents as a dog chewing them up or losing one. He decided to incorporate it into his set and wrote some books about it that became popular. So now people use a blank rune. We may as well use the blank Tarot cards we get with sets as well while we're at it;)
AGREED. I wish people wouldn't even put them in the sets. ACK. Well, at least we still use Futhark order and not "Blum order."
You may find them difficult to work with Sue, I did after working so long with Tarot.
Those wonderful rough Northern energies! Very straightforward - it's well worth persisting! BB, Stella

stella01904

MM ~ Just wanted to add, there are some very nice stone Rune sets at http://www.castastone.com They really engrave the stones where the design is prominent, not just little scratches. My first set wasn't from them, and with the gold leaf long since worn away, it's very hard to see the runes! But these guys put 'em in there. BB, Stella

caridwen

stella01904 said:
MM ~ Very traditional! That's nothing, my dog got my rune bag while I was out a couple of years ago, he scattered them! And there was one stone I couldn't find. I watched carefully when I took him outside for a couple of days and - PRESTO! I guess he needed the power of Eh, the way some people make rune cakes...

I'm sorry but that really made me laugh!:p

My dog chewed up Ansuz, maybe he was trying to tell me something and the other one, I think, was Hagalaz!:D

stella01904

MM ~ Odin's rune AND Dame Holda's! Very wise dog! BB, Stella

psychic sue

Well, they have arrived at last!

They are lovely - Amethyst with the rune symbols etched in gold. I got a good vibe from them immediately, so this is a good sign.

I have read the LWB that came with them, and I am printing off all the advice and links you have so kindly posted.

I have consecrated them on my altar and I am carrying them around with me so that they can absorb my energy. I think I will wait a couple of days before attempting a reading.

Thanks to everyone for the advice and encouragement.

Sue :)

Angel Star

Have fun with your new rune stones. Amethyst I love that stone. I think i will start uprading to a stone set of runes myself see if the energy is better, different etc. Take care.

caridwen

psychic sue said:
Well, they have arrived at last!

They are lovely - Amethyst with the rune symbols etched in gold. I got a good vibe from them immediately, so this is a good sign.

I have read the LWB that came with them, and I am printing off all the advice and links you have so kindly posted.

I have consecrated them on my altar and I am carrying them around with me so that they can absorb my energy. I think I will wait a couple of days before attempting a reading.

Thanks to everyone for the advice and encouragement.

Sue :)

What are you waiting for? Start doing readings! The more you handle and work with them, the more energy they will absorb:D

psychic sue

Hi Caridwen,

I did a reading last night - I did a single stone reading, and the first one I pulled was the one you pulled for me. How strange is that!

I did a past present and future reading too, which was quite accurate.

I like these stones a lot. I held the dice cup when meditating last night as one of the books I've got says this is a good stone for psychic stuff. After a few minutes I had that experience of burning in my hand again. I seem to be sensitive to Amethyst.

Angel:

The set is lovely - the engravings are etched in gold.

Go on, buy youself a set! })

Angel Star

sue where did you purchase yours? Online? I think I priced some amethyst at one time and they were a little out of pocket book at the time. Maybe i can swing it now though