Palmistry study group : Hand shapes

Henning

interesting indeed, i have a fire hand, not surprsing, cause in every possibel reading I tend to have a strong influence from Mars or Aries.....at least i get to blame my stubborness on something :)

autumn star

thanks for this thread ...

for ages ... I have been thinking that my hand doesn't fit into any element ... it is similar to air hand ... but my finger's aren't as long ....

It is exactly fits the description of a conic hand! I had never heard about this shape before ... so it was interesting to read. My pinky is very short compared to the other finger mentioned ... and it definately takes on a conice kind of shape now that I think about it :)

Virgowitch

i have no idea wat kind of hand i have! my hands are wide, like a fire hand, but also long!and i always have long delicate finger nails, but i have thick fingers!!!
quite an iteresting hand i have!
thanx anyway, you have fired my imagination on that topic
cya!

Keigh

Love this thread!

I'm a fairly new Aeclectic member and only today looked into the Divination section. Boy was I excited to see this thread!!! Thanks to Alissa for starting it and to Dark Eyes for her input as well. Between the two of you, I've found much to think about and think this will be a great place to learn.

I've finally figured out dominant hand element! This has always eluded me before reading through this thread! It seems I have a fire hand - even though I'm an earth sign astrologically. My palms look square, but are oblong when measured. My fingers are shortish though not "stubby" with rounded tips. I have thick lower phalanges and definitely do NOT feel guilty about the calories in the Haagen Daz!!! :D I love rich beautiful fabrics but they need to feel good too! Sensory input is important. I love good smells, good full tastes, and rich colors.

I am creative, I like to think artistic, emotionally supportive but not weepy AT ALL and am enthusiastic - could use more follow through (fire hands). I love to entertain, and will cook way too much, but am not averse at all to "pot luck" or bring a dish with you entertaining. No fuss, but much fun is the rule of the day! This is starting to sound like a dating profile (but it's not...I'm happily married). LOL:D:D

One question though, I have very short and brittle nails - the nailbed is not long, though if only a little white is showing at the top of the nail, there is still plenty of "finger tip" visible. My nails are deeply ridged - I'm fairly sure this has meaning in terms of palmistry. Any insight on this?

Thanks so much for putting this together, hope you're all still interested in keeping it active!

Blessings,
Keigh

Alissa

Hi Keigh, and thanks for your kind words! I'm still around, but I haven't seen Dark Eyes post in a couple years, it seems.

One question though, I have very short and brittle nails - the nailbed is not long, though if only a little white is showing at the top of the nail, there is still plenty of "finger tip" visible. My nails are deeply ridged - I'm fairly sure this has meaning in terms of palmistry. Any insight on this?

Not to my immediate knowledge. The *shape* of a nailbed/fingertip is often read in palmistry (such as determining if one has tapered or spatulate fingertips).

My palmistry teacher taught me that someone with short, chewed nails, is "highly self-critical"... but I've always felt that's part common sense, since nail biting is a behavior of anxiety.

The only other technique I use for the nails themselves: you can read how much money energy someone has around them by looking at the moon's of their fingernails. High moons indicate more money.

BUT! That is not my professional experience. My experience is: Those who perceive their lives as being Rich (regardless of their bank account) will have high moons at the nail's base.

Hope these ideas help, and thanks again for enjoying the Palmistry threads!

psychic sue

My hands are a combination of fire and water. Does that mean I am a fire/water character?

Alissa

psychic sue said:
My hands are a combination of fire and water. Does that mean I am a fire/water character?
Yes, it does. Hands can be any combination of the elements discussed, so absolutely you can! :) It also means, as a combination of elements, the qualities to each are within you, and yet are tempered by the presence of the other element, creating some balance - that is to say, I'll bet your fiery ideas might come through to fruition much more often when it's a project that you might call "close to your heart?"

You use your fiery creative tendencies in conjunction with your watery emotional intelligence, in other words. ;)

Alissa

Last night I realized, for the upteenth time, I've been meaning to share this with palmistry-minded folks...

Emeril has Earth hands. :D Em! Bam~! The Big E...!

I often describe Earth handed people as having hands that think for themselves - they are woodworkers, massage therapists, and yes! Cooks! What a brilliant example of an Earth hand is Emeril Lagasse.

Next time you get a chance to Emeril cooking, notice those bear paws of his.... I love to check out the hands (and when possible, the palms) of celebs. Very enlightening!

LTG2201

That's quite strange. The day I have a little think about this thread, it's resurrected.

I just want to say that the description of Air-handed people is right for me as well. I all but run while I'm walking. I have to consiously slow down when walking with others. I had a little chuckle when you said about us knowing that we do it.

Well done.

geministar

Alissa, this has been a really interesting read. Thank you for posting this. I often wonder how palm readers interpret a persons hand.

Do you find that a persons hand type relates to their star sign?

My hands overall are quite small and slender which alot of people comment about so I think I am air, which is also my star sign. Then I got a bit confused because then I thought I was water because I usually have sweaty palms.

I am definitely interested in learning more about palmistry. :)