Pony Tarot

Rosanne

Now thats a tranformation!! I like this Devil and the Lovers and the Moon. Wonderful Cards. Nethilia you are creating well. ~Rosanne. ps I asked my girls(now grown) about their 'my little Ponies' and my eldest still has her bright pink one with Purple mane, is keeping it for her little Girl.

Nethilia

Love the devil compliments! I know which one is staying in the deck now, lol.

Elven: Got the idea from my friend, who goes by the Evil Dead Pony. Decided to see what it was like to channel her into a pony. Granted, she's drawn with clothes on, but it's still sort of her.On the High Priestess I was going for an orb feel but you're right, it does scream crystal ball. Yes, the lovers are floating. I flipped around in my four decks and my dragon deck was the most beautiful lovers card to me, so I sort of looked to it for ideas. I may redraw a lot more cards--Judgement is going to be hard as hell for me, no pun intended--but the ones I have so far seem quite set. I may add color changes, since I'm seeing a mess of blue skys and may go and tint them with greens, purples, greys, and reds. I also needed to add shadows to the Fool, so that should be rescanned later.

Roseanne: Do you know what pony that is? If you or your daughter want to find her name, there's a site that helps you ID old ponies: http://www.dreamvalley-mlp.com

Next card done, the Emperor/Sire. It's been done for days, but I've been spending said days cleaning my house and tending to a plant that shed its blossoms and asked me to come and pick them up for her.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/Nethilia/pony tarot/pony_emperor.jpg

Had my boyfriend's help in this (how fitting); the first sketch looked nothing like this one does. Red and purple for royalty, over a grove of trees or bushes or what have you.

I'll try and aim for the "Tower" next. Since I'm also writing a story to go with the cards, the Fool Pony is the pony on the Tower.

--Kitti

Rosanne

Hi again Nethilia, Thank you for the link. My daughter has looked and she said she has Princess Dawn in mint condition; plus the hair set she used to comb the main. She always looked after her toys. Liked the Emperor by the way. ~Rosanne P.S.Hmmm I am going to get her to check again she would have been too old then, I think she must have a faded Blossom?

Elven

Nethilia said:
Elven: Got the idea from my friend, who goes by the Evil Dead Pony. Decided to see what it was like to channel her into a pony. Granted, she's drawn with clothes on, but it's still sort of her.On the High Priestess I was going for an orb feel but you're right, it does scream crystal ball. Yes, the lovers are floating. I flipped around in my four decks and my dragon deck was the most beautiful lovers card to me, so I sort of looked to it for ideas. I may redraw a lot more cards--Judgement is going to be hard as hell for me, no pun intended--but the ones I have so far seem quite set. I may add color changes, since I'm seeing a mess of blue skys and may go and tint them with greens, purples, greys, and reds. I also needed to add shadows to the Fool, so that should be rescanned later.

Another one down Nethilia - the Emperor!!! He reminds me of the Brumbys in the Snowy Mountains - very proud, wise and majestic. Looks great, he has a nice feel to him. Thankyou for sharing them - they're really coming along !!

Look forward to the rest

Blessings
Elven x

bleuivy

Hi there! I think I may be weighing a bit late on the devil, but I like both cards for different reasons. Maybe you could include both cards in your deck and let people use whichever devil card speaks to them at the time.

Sort of like the different versions of the Magus in the Thoth deck.

Also, love the Emperor. He does look very majestic.

Nethilia

bleuivy: Yeah, there is the idea of both cards. I'm still much more drawn to having the single one there.

This is The Tower/The Falling. Would have been up sooner, but it needed a white out edit and it's very hard to get stuff scanned when your niece is getting into troubles, such as when she dumps a full thing of jelly beans or all 80+ of your pony brushes on the floor OMGWTF NO SOPH NO.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/Nethilia/pony tarot/pony_tower.jpg

This is the same pony on the Traveling Pony card, only done in darker shades of the same colors. Since I'm planning on writing a story to go with the Major Arcana in the lines of the Fool's Journey, I put her on the card instead of just a sort of "random pony."

--Kitti

Grigori

Nethilia the Tower is AWESOME :) I am so impressed by it. Also I love the re-done devil. The wicked pony was just what I wanted to see. })

bleuivy

Love the Tower. The look on the pony's face is great.

I, of course, want to keep seeing more. :D

Emeraldgirl

Wow this deck is really starting to come along. It looks great :D