Quarents you do not get along with.

Umbrae

post #5 by TarotMoon is brilliant (Umbrae stands and applauds).

What you feel, is your opinion - it's rather silly to think the universe shares that opinion. A great Christian master is said to have said, "Love thine enemies" and reminded us to "Turn the other cheek."

So you wanna be a reader? Then you're gonna be a postman for the universe. Sometimes it's a difficult package to deliver, and you may not wanna deliver it...so why did you decide to become a postman for the universe in the first place? Cuz the uniform looks cute?

Reading Tarot has nothing to do with how or what you feel.

Shake it off, reread TarotMoon's post and move forward.

:smoker:

SilentBreeze

Umbrae said:
post #5 by TarotMoon is brilliant (Umbrae stands and applauds).

What you feel, is your opinion - it's rather silly to think the universe shares that opinion. A great Christian master is said to have said, "Love thine enemies" and reminded us to "Turn the other cheek."

So you wanna be a reader? Then you're gonna be a postman for the universe. Sometimes it's a difficult package to deliver, and you may not wanna deliver it...so why did you decide to become a postman for the universe in the first place? Cuz the uniform looks cute?

Reading Tarot has nothing to do with how or what you feel.

Shake it off, reread TarotMoon's post and move forward.

I agree. Although it is easier said then done. It's hard to just shake of biases when reading.

zach bender

it very often seems to me that when I am reading for someone I know, the cards inevitably include references to my own perceptions -- just as, in any reading, even if you are able to get the reader's bias out of the way, the cards tend to speak to the querent's perceptions of the situation as much as, or more than, to the situation itself (this is why I often say I do not "do" future, and I do not "do" what some absent third person is thinking or feeling).

zb

The Great Magus

i would give my left foot to give readings to the people who hate me and vice versa...i would love to know what the cards have in store for them...

alas that type of person never comes to me, i think they fear i'd might do something to them, stereotypes of the tarot, u gotta love em' sometimes...

anyways, just say no, it's that easy, should be even more easy since you hate her for doing wrong, I love telling no to the people i hate...

Moonbow

Moderator Note.

I will be moving this thread to the Talking Tarot forum shortly.

Thanks
Moonbow*

SilentBreeze

The Great Magus said:
i would give my left foot to give readings to the people who hate me and vice versa...i would love to know what the cards have in store for them...

alas that type of person never comes to me, i think they fear i'd might do something to them, stereotypes of the tarot, u gotta love em' sometimes...

anyways, just say no, it's that easy, should be even more easy since you hate her for doing wrong, I love telling no to the people i hate...

Yea but I really like helping people though tarot and its kinda hard for me to say no when she feels so sad, although I don't need tarot to know that the reason all this is happening to her is karma for messing with me

Grizabella

If you're going to read tarot for others, then you have to develop some professional detachment. That means putting "self" aside and remembering why you're reading. Hopefully you're providing the other person with a humble, caring service, which means getting your own issues out of the picture and just focussing on them and their issues and how you can help them through reading for them.

I've found that often situations like this are the Universe presenting me with an opportunity to make a much-needed attitude adjustment. :)

Kenny

Umbrae said:

I'm a real-life postie. I'll tell you something the uniform isn't that great esp. the new red ones they wanna bring in over here (UK). :D

Okay, down to the point: there are people I don't like on my duty. Some I cannot stand but I'm me and I'm kind. Now one of these people I saw today clearing out her garage. The last time I saw her she moaned at me for walking across a gravel edging strip and today, well, she was nice and he had a nice quick thirty second, 'hello, how are you, good bye,' thing.

So being nice, smile, and try not to hold an grudge and that will get you miles.

sweet_intuition

Kenny said:
I'm a real-life postie. I'll tell you something the uniform isn't that great esp. the new red ones they wanna bring in over here (UK). :D

Okay, down to the point: there are people I don't like on my duty. Some I cannot stand but I'm me and I'm kind. Now one of these people I saw today clearing out her garage. The last time I saw her she moaned at me for walking across a gravel edging strip and today, well, she was nice and he had a nice quick thirty second, 'hello, how are you, good bye,' thing.

So being nice, smile, and try not to hold an grudge and that will get you miles.

Very well spoken Kenny :)

Psychebleu

I'd suggest that you simply don't do reading for people you have unresolved issues with.