Reading offer

WillieHewes

Hey everyone, I am developing an oracle deck, or at least expirimenting with ideas, and I would like to try some readings for strangers to see how it works.

Please note: this is an experiment, the deck I am working with is in development.

I would like for you to give me some questions, dilemmas or situations to do a reading on. I will draw three cards (they are ordinary playing cards with words stuck on them) and give you an answer in the shape of a fable/story/fairytale. I can handle about five at this point, so don't hesitate.

All I ask in exchange for the story is an honest reaction: did you like it, was it helpful. Thank you.

Willie

Rhiannon

Hi Willie! This sounds like fun! I'd love to participate. My dilema is that I am currently unemployed and am looking for a job. I have been to 2 interviews and have one interview coming up, and all 3 are in an area where I would like to work and I am capable of doing all 3 jobs. Will I get any of these? When will I be employed again.. that type of question. You can phrase it however you feel is appropriate. I need a job! LOL Let me know if you need any more info.

I'd be happy to give you honest feedback, but I'd also like to offer a reading in return. I can give you an oracle reading or a tarot reading, whichever you prefer... the oracles I have are Goddess, Faerie and Star Cards. Let me know if you are interested!

Thanks in advance!
R :)

WillieHewes

Thanks Rhiannon. I'm afraid I'll won't be able to get back to you till monday, as my internet access is restricted in the weekends (long story.) But I'll do a reading and give you the result probably on Monday. If I have a result, that is. (do you want it here or in private?)

I think I'll take you up on the offer. I've been looking at the faeries oracle for a while, but not bought it yet. I was holding it in my hands in the store, and wasn't sure whether to get the cards or the book it was based on (good fairies/bad fairies). I took a card and I don't remember the name, but it was a bright shiny fairy who told me I should get the book. :D So anyway...

I would love a faeries oracle reading on houses, or living space, rather. I still live with my mother, but want to move out to live with my boyfriend, who's coming here from abroad. It's very hard finding a place to live in this overcrowded urban area, and also, some friends are planning to buy a big house in the country and asked me to join in. So, there's many things going on: country or city, with friends or with family, many people together or alone with my lover. If you would ask the fairies where I would be happiest, that would be great.

OK, I'll look into your job-thing, and come back with an answer possibly more difficult than the question.

thanks. :)

Rhiannon

Here would be just fine, that way others can see what it is that you are trying to accomplish with the cards. I'll get to that Faerie reading for you too. Would you like that one in private or here as well? And don't worry, Monday is fine. Have a good weekend!

R :)

Tarotphelia

This sounds cool ! I would love to try this experiment with you .

My problem is that I am in the middle of a huge life shift on 2 levels. One level is very physical- I have to move & I have great concerns about how to find the right place to be & how to deal with this major change without going nuts. It is like walking into the unknown with no guarantees & no map either.

The other level is spiritual . At the same time as I must move, a spiritual crossroads has arrived. I am being asked to deal with discarnate entities as I have in a past life. But it all seems so exhausting & I don't see why I should do it again, especially during this time of personal life crisis. The opportunity will pass & not come back for a few years apparently, so I am anxious to know if I should take this challenge on.

If you would like a reading in exchange also, let me know.

Thanks,
Tarotphelia

WillieHewes

OK, so it became Tuesday... (It's not my fault, I had a three-day weekend because yesterday was bevrijdingsdag, liberation day.)

Rhiannon, I have an answer, but I feel the need to somehow apologise for it. I don't think it would be fair to say: this isn't my fault, this is what the cards came up with, because all the cards do is give me three words. I then sit and wait until they turn into a story. If you understand the story, you know the answer to the question. I could try and give you just the interpretation, which might be something along the lines of: "don't sell yourself too cheaply" or "appearances can be deceptive", but that would not cover it even nearly. I have to give you the story as it was given to me, even though it is a bit... nasty. I believe I mentioned this experiment has to do with Faeries. I'm sure you understand you can't expect them to be nice, especially when they're being helpful. I hope they are helpful, and not just nasty. It's hard to tell sometimes... Anyway, here is your story.

The sons of Stallion

A young woman walked through an outstretched forest, and came upon a dappled mare. It was one of the finest horses she had ever seen, and carefully, she approached it. The beast did not have any trappings, but it was perfectly friendly, and even allowed her to climb onto its back.
What the girl did not kow was that the mare had strayed from the herds of Hengest, who was widely known for his fine horses, and his jealousy of them. When he saw a stranger sitting on his prize mare, his blood boiled with rage. Like a stampede he came thundering down the hillside, and, terrified, the girl sent the mare into a gallop. "Thief!"it thundered behind her, and Hengest pursued her in the guise of a horse. He overtook the mare, dragged the girl to the ground and forced himself on her.
This was her punishment for trespassing, and the bore the result with shame, but without complaint. Three sons she had; one had the head of a horse, the second had a tail and legs of a horse, but the third was perfect, and grew up to be a handsome boy. Him she loved most dearly, and she could not refuse him anything.
One day, he announced he wanted to meet his father. She warned him against him, told him he was a savage man, she begged and pleaded to stay at home with her, but he was fast decided. Finally, she told him where he could find him. Three times she reminded him not to touch his father's horses, but her son paid no heed and set off to find his father.
He came to his farm, and greeted him. "Father, I am your son. Years ago a young woman stole one of your horses, and she is my mother. Do not forget the sacred bonds of blood and let me have one of your steeds as my inheritance."
Hengest laughed whole-heartedly and said: "If you are my son, I will not deny you this gift, but I must have proof. When I met your mother she woare a gold ring around her neck; bring me this ring and you may choose any horse from my herd."
The son returned to his mothr and asked for the ring. "No my son, I cannot give you that," she answered. "It belonged to my grandmother, who got it from her grandmother, who was a fairy child. It has protected our family for generations. Ask me for anything but this." But he would have no other gift, and in the end, she gave it to him.
He returned to Hengest and handed him the ring. In return, he could have his pick of proud strong horses from the herd. He picked a tall black stallion, and rode it home as swift as the wind. "Mother," he called outside her door. She came out, and seeing him high and mighty on that beautiful animal made her heart swell with pride, and with grief, for she knew at once he would leave her for good.
His brothers had come out too, and now tried to persuade him to stay. "You cannot leave us now, who will take care of your mother? My brother and I are misshapen, who will hire us, who will protect us?"
But the third son had a high destiny to fulfill. He took leave of his mother and rode away, leaving her with her two misshapen sons, alone and heartbroken.

WillieHewes

I have the strange feeling that didn't answer your question at all. I'm sorry. :( If you still think it's worth a reading in return, posting it here will be fine.

Tarotphelia, I will do your reading tonight. Hopefully, this one will be more ... friendly. They normally are, honest! Actually, no, I'm lying. They're often not... Anyway, I'll post your story here. I would like a reading in return, actually. Again, if you think the story's worth one.

I have been approached by... an entity. I would be more specific, but I'd have to lie. Alright, he's a muse. That I can say without pinning him down more than he'd stand, I think. He and I are old friends, he's been dead for a while, but alive for much longer and we have had -- something -- before, in this life at least. He's very dear to me, but it is hard to have a relationship with something that doesn't exist in consensual reality. I would like to know what I should do. What attitude I should take, how I can keep it fresh, whether I should allow him to interfere with my boring daily life, that sort of thing.

I'd be impressed if you can come up with a clear answer to that cause I don't think the question is very clear. Alright, let me put it differently: My life has been boring for far too long. Now, finally, some colour has been mixed back in and I'm afraid of losing it. What do I do?

(I asked him: "What's it like being dead?" and he said: "I dunno, what's it like being dead? (You should know.)")

That's it. Thanks.

:confused: Willie

Tarotphelia

Very interesting questions, WH ! I will get your reading done by Friday, I think. I will post it back here if that is alright with you !

On second thought- maybe we are all supposed to be posting the readings in the reading exchange section separately? I am not sure.

Thanks so much,
Tarotphelia

sunflowr

That's really interesting! Have you actually met him in this life? Before he died? I would say welcome this spirit influence in your life, as long as it is positive. :) He is just as real as anyone "living". So yes I believe you can have a relationship. A spiritual one.

WillieHewes said:

I have been approached by... an entity. I would be more specific, but I'd have to lie. Alright, he's a muse. That I can say without pinning him down more than he'd stand, I think. He and I are old friends, he's been dead for a while, but alive for much longer and we have had -- something -- before, in this life at least. He's very dear to me, but it is hard to have a relationship with something that doesn't exist in consensual reality. I would like to know what I should do. What attitude I should take, how I can keep it fresh, whether I should allow him to interfere with my boring daily life, that sort of thing.

I'd be impressed if you can come up with a clear answer to that cause I don't think the question is very clear. Alright, let me put it differently: My life has been boring for far too long. Now, finally, some colour has been mixed back in and I'm afraid of losing it. What do I do?

(I asked him: "What's it like being dead?" and he said: "I dunno, what's it like being dead? (You should know.)")

That's it. Thanks.

:confused: Willie

sunflowr

I have a question I really need help with. In exchange, I could do a reading for you... from the Tao Oracle (an I-Ching deck) or one of my Angel decks. I am not confident enough yet to do tarot readings.

My question is: Should I audition for this play (audition is in June).. and, if I do, what will be the outcome?