Reading offer

Rhiannon

Hi Tarotphelia, and all!

As far as the reading exchange section goes, I think the moddys have decided that if the deck is not tarot... it belongs in divination. If you are doing a tarot reading, then by all means post it in the exchange... maybe with a link to this thread.

I'll be getting the Faery reading done soon, this was really interesting and I think I need to read it through a few more times before I comment. Very cool though! Thanks so much!

R :)

WillieHewes

Wow, that's really specific, sunflowr. I'll see what I can do for you. He was already dead when I met him, actually. But we, er, hung out anyway.

Question for your return reading (angels seems to fit :rolleyes: ) A friend of mine, quite dear to me and hardly unaccustomed to strange events or people, won't accept my explorations into Faeryland. This hurts, but I don't know what to do about it. Should I try to convince him or just not refer to it in his presence?

Tarotphelia: I've got your story but forgot to bring it. Check back tomorrow. :dumb:
I didn't think this should be in the reading exchange section because it's non-tarot.

Rhiannon

Feedback on my reading

Hi Willie!

Here's my thoughts so far. First of all, there are alot of perspectives to choose from! Am I the woman? Or one of the kids? Or the jealous man? I chose the woman since she's the first one mentioned in the story.... I might explore other possibilities later. Maybe I'm the horse! :D

So, since I'm the woman, the horse might be the job I want. The jealous man might be a new boss who will resent me if I do too good of a job? Or maybe will pile more responsibilities on me than I'm ready for? Those extra jobs might be the sons. I might like one of them more than the others and then have that taken away from me, at great cost. Maybe this job will take too much time away from my family?

Of course I'm not even sure if I'll get this job. So... who knows. Maybe some of this relates to my previous job that I was fired from. So much to think about.

I will post your answer in a little bit!

Rhiannon

Willie's Fae Reading re: moving

City: Dark Lady #20
Friends: Singer of Initiation in reverse #9
Family: Gloominous Doom #56
With others: Honesty #40
With boyfriend: Bodacious Bodach #59

Well, I started with you moving to the country and I think the question here is: do you feel disconnected when you live in the city? Would you feel happier, closer to the earth in the country? I suppose it is possible that you could still ground, center, etc. in the city.. but you may feel more of a connection if you were surrounded by nature.

In the city you are still urged to meditate and ground, center, etc. This is a time when you will need all of your spiritual strength. Could it be that when you are in the city you feel more powerful? Closer to the things that are happening around you? I know that cities sort of "hum" with energy... this might be appealing.

Living with friends may be a novel experience for you. You would have all of their knowledge and opinions to draw on when you need to make a decision. This time in your life may seem very confusing and it may be that they can help you through it with insights you may not see yourself.

Living with family might prove to be difficult for you. You might start to feel shut off, or shut out from what you really want to be doing, and start feeling lonely, or depressed. Maybe even feeling sorry for yourself that you are still living with your parents. It might have to do with the fact that families sometimes say things to us that are less than tactful, but mostly it is out of love, even though it often feels like criticism.

If you live with others, you may have to be very honest in what it is that you hope to accomplish by doing so. Is it just that you want to get away from your family? Can you truly contribute everywhere you are expected to? Are you capable of taking care of yourself in this kind of situation? Combine Honesty with the Singer of Initiation and you can get a better overview, I think.

With your boyfriend there might be a little bit of trouble. It could be self-sabotage on either of your parts. Is there someone who is against the two of you living together? They may be saying that they have your best interests at heart, but that may or may not be true. You need to be sure that if this is the path that you choose that you tie up all the loose ends you can think of and not leave any room for tricksy little brownies (of which bodach is one) to get in and mess things up. Watch the finances, etc.

Was this helpful? I hope so! It's the first time I've really done a large faery reading. Let me know what you think!

Thanks again,

WillieHewes

Thanks Rhiannon, that was cool. I've got a lot of things to think about here. I'll look up the pictures and see if they speak to me. This is such a difficult time, I feel I could be anything I want, but how do I make the right choice? Thank you, that reading was helpful.

I know it's hard to interpret these stories. It's especially hard to do it for someone else. (I've never been good at reading other people's cards either.) I think you're on the right track though. Or actually, I think whatever track you take must be the right one, because it's in the interpretation that your mind and motives become clear. Or perhaps this is just a game after all, and not very suitable as a tool for divination. :D I'll find out eventually.

WillieHewes

Re: Tarotphelia, challenges

Hi Tarotphelia,

I've got a story for you too. I'm afraid it's not good news, although perhaps to you it is. As mentioned, interpretation is more difficult than making these faerytales. I hope you (and my other victims :) ) don't attach too much importance to these readings. They are not very likely to tell you just what you want to hear (the problem with many oracle decks, I find) but that doesn't mean they will tell you what you need to hear, either. Enough for the introduction.

The Dragonslayer

One day, when the king went hunting, he came eye to eye with the most wondrous hart he had ever heard of. It was as white as snow, and its black eyes seemed as deep as the dark itself. Before the king could do anything, the deer took off, and as much as he tried, the king could not find it again.
Neither could the royal hunters, much to the king's chagrin. He wanted to have that hart, to display its white head as a trophy, to feast on its undoubtably marvellous meat. Finally, he called one of his loyal knights, a young man, but wise beyond his years.
"Fetch me this deer," the king ordered. "No matter how long it takes you. You may return with it, or not at all."
The knight bowed, and set off to find the deer. For days and nights he travelled, occasionally glimpsing the animal, but never even coming close to shooting it. Weary and withough hope, he drudged on, while his prey led him deeper and deeper into the dark forest.
One morning, when his supply of food was already starting to run out, and he had not seen the deer in days, he found a small stream. It was a beautiful, green place, and he knelt down to drink and fill his waterskin.
He looked up to see a unicorn right across from him. It was so close he could have touched it, and the knight gazed in amazement at the creature. The unicorn spoke.
"Sir knight, you come in answer of prayers. Not far from here, in a cave, there dwells a dragon, the terror of the forest. You are brave of heart, please, take him on and rid us of this plague."
The knight sighed, slumping down into the grass. "No, unicorn, I am afraid I'm not here to slay dragons. I am only a young knight, sent here to hunt a white hart, and I am weary and hungry. I cannot take on your dragon."
"You will not?" the unicorn asked, and a fire glowed in its eyes. It grew bigger under the knight's eyes, and started to change shape.
The knight fumbled for his sword and shield, as a firebreathing dragon stretched itself along the stream. He was soon caught up in flames which burned his shield away, and desperately he began to attack the monster. It had gleaming, silver scales, and his blows did nothing to harm it.
The dragon coiled around him and attacked him from the side, it bit his shield-arm and lifted him in the air, a rain of sword-blows sparking off its head. It dropped the knight to the ground and breathed in deep to vanquish him in another fire-storm.
But just then, the knight caught a glimpse of the dragon's softer chest, and jammed his sword in as hard as he could. It went in up to the adorned hilt, and flames burst out of the wound. He pulled back his sword and walked backwards, shielding his face from the flames. He stumbled over a rock and fell into the shallow stream.
The unicorn looked at him, a world of mystery hidden in its eyes. Its chest was brilliant red with blood.
"Oh unicorn, I did not mean to harm you!" the knight exclaimed.
"Be quiet," the unicorn said, and touched the wound on his arm with its horn. It healed almost instantly.
"Thank you," the knight stammered. There was so much he wanted to ask, but he did not know how.
"You will find your hart downstream, tied to a tree," the unicorn said.
The knight shook his head. "I do not really want to harm it..."
"You will take it to your lord, and you will let him serve it to his guests," the unicorn sighed. "That is your duty, is it not? I must go now."
It turned and left, leaving footprints in the mud that were like a dragon's.
The knight found the deer as he had been told, and with pain in his heart, started to lead it home.

zorya

Tarotphelia said:
Very interesting questions, WH ! I will get your reading done by Friday, I think. I will post it back here if that is alright with you !

On second thought- maybe we are all supposed to be posting the readings in the reading exchange section separately? I am not sure.

Thanks so much,
Tarotphelia
tarotphelia,

as long as the reading is an oracle reading, it can be posted here (divination). you may, however, wish to post a separate thread.

Tarotphelia

Re: Re: Tarotphelia, challenges

WillieHewes said:
Hi Tarotphelia,

I've got a story for you too. I'm afraid it's not good news, although perhaps to you it is. As mentioned, interpretation is more difficult than making these faerytales.

Thanks for this one of a kind reading !! I am going to print it out now & take a divinitory microscope to it & see what I can see...get back to you later...

Tarotphelia

HOLMES

ah your muse is good ,

so the three words stimulate the universal within.
the oracle you are making shall be wonderful.

i was thinking of your muse..
"the voices come and whispers their names and say tell them that wisdom come not from without but from within"

edited to add,

i was going to make a new thread with that phrase, saying i was reading that divination thread but decided to post it here to see what it means? does the oracle shed any light on that ?

edited to add.

"the spirit guides voices come and whispers their (the people they watch over ) names and say tell them that wisdom come, not from without but from within "

just figured i had to clarify that willie

Tarotphelia

I had a question about my story. It mentions a king & a knight. Do these represent actual suits of cards? If so , which ones were they??

Tarotphelia