See How you Scry April 20 - May 06, 2015

EvMaeve

for RiverRunsDeep

Hi There,

I've never tried scrying before, but I thought I'd give this a shot. Trying to develop my psychic skills and see if I have anything to draw on besides tarot. :) Some of these images seem quite random. I almost feel silly writing them down, but I'm trying not to self-edit. I hope some of this may be relevant and helpful.

When I was meditating to clear my mind before even looking at the clouds, I heard the name Steve and saw splashes of the color purple. I had a feeling that the purple might be a literal reference for Alice Walker's book, "The Color Purple." Has that been an influence or inspiration to you?

Looking at the clouds, I saw a huge heart and felt that writing is where your passion lies. I also saw a volcano. I interpret that as your passion runs deep and strong, but it's been suppressed at times, and hasn't always been properly channeled. Suppressing passion is never healthy, and can cause it to "blow up in your face" when it needs to see the light of day. I feel like an avoidant/explosive dynamic for you creatively. I also feel like this is something you can't ignore. Writing is so deeply a part of you that you have to put your love and effort into it. You may not have been able to prioritize it in the past, but it's the thing you can't not do.

I saw a pair of large, knobby hands with big knuckles and I felt like that image might have two simultaneous meanings. The first is of craft and patience, and the labor and diligence it takes to create anything - like a sculptor kneading clay. I felt like maybe you get hung up sometimes on the labor and slowness of the writing process. This is something I feel you can overcome by being patient with yourself - allowing yourself not to knock it out of the park in one go, and just keeping at it no matter what. The second meaning tied to that image was joint pain or arthritis, possibly connected back to the Steve name. An interesting tension - the hands are strong, masculine, comforting, and protective, but touched by pain.

I got a strong wave of dizziness passing through my head, accompanied by a swaying feeling almost like nausea, but not quite. It felt a lot like vertigo. I don't know what the significance of that was, but it was a strong physical sensation, and I don't feel like it came from me. Possible links to difficulty focussing, anxiety attacks, even migraine. Some kind of head trauma? I really don't know what, but it was strong.

I saw the number three as being significant either to your process or a project you're currently engaged in - like you're juggling 3 distinct projects, or you're breaking a project into 3 distinct parts (like a 3 volume novel or a play in 3 acts). 3 Hills to climb. All do-able.

I had a hot flash pass through my body, similar to the dizziness.

Overall, I felt a sense of hard work ahead but strong encouragement. Again, I'm hearing "you can't not do this."

And that's all I got! I'm really curious to hear if any of this is on point or if I've imagined it all! Thanks for the chance to try it. Cheers!

RiverRunsDeep

Wow, EvMaeve, thank you! I'm not allowed to post my feedback until after May 6, but I can hardly wait to do so!

MandMaud

I got a strong wave of dizziness passing through my head, accompanied by a swaying feeling almost like nausea, but not quite. It felt a lot like vertigo. I don't know what the significance of that was, but it was a strong physical sensation, and I don't feel like it came from me. Possible links to difficulty focussing, anxiety attacks, even migraine. Some kind of head trauma? I really don't know what, but it was strong.

Welcome to AT, and it's brave tapping in for the first time, well done! I haven't doing scrying as such, but with other uses of intuition, I find it always does feel like imagining / inventing the whole thing. ;)

Just wanted to say this paragraph struck me. I know you feel it was part of the message for RiverRunsDeep, so it probably is. But this is very much the feeling I get when the "healing" (or intuition or sixth sense or however we name it) "kicks in".

I first came across this with my healer/mentor friend Sue Stewart, who starts yawning as it kicks in. It isn't a tired yawn, it indicates to her that "it" is beginning (the healing for this session, or whatever). After working with her for a few years I realised that the vertigo and migraine-ish symptoms I get are a similar thing. I've had a lot to do with weird brain symptoms... much easier to work with them rather than treating them as illness.

Just a thought, probably off at a tangent. As you say yours was relevant to RiverRunsDeep. :)

EvMaeve

Wow, EvMaeve, thank you! I'm not allowed to post my feedback until after May 6, but I can hardly wait to do so!

You're welcome! I'm very much looking forward to hearing it!

this is very much the feeling I get when the "healing" (or intuition or sixth sense or however we name it) "kicks in".

I first came across this with my healer/mentor friend Sue Stewart, who starts yawning as it kicks in. It isn't a tired yawn, it indicates to her that "it" is beginning (the healing for this session, or whatever). After working with her for a few years I realised that the vertigo and migraine-ish symptoms I get are a similar thing. I've had a lot to do with weird brain symptoms... much easier to work with them rather than treating them as illness.

Thanks MandMaud! Oh, that's interesting about your healing sensations and your friend's yawning! I love hearing about what other people feel when they do readings or energy work.

Just this year, I've started to get physical sensations along with some of my tarot readings that feel like I'm plugging in or connecting to energies. I'll get this feeling of having extra energy in my system, sometimes along with temperature changes, shivers, and light shaking/trembling. The feelings come on with the reading and go right away when I ground myself and release the energy after. This particular dizziness felt distinct from that and really stood out, so I think it may have a meaning, but I'm not 100% sure. I don't get migraines myself, though I have quite a few friends that do. They're awful!

It's amazing to me how a reading can come with strong physical feelings! That's something that just seems to be emerging for me now. I wonder if the ones I felt this time have a meaning to RiverRunsDeep or if they're part of my psychic symptoms. Guess we'll see in a couple weeks! :)

DownUnderNZer

Meant to come back to this over the weekend, but got caught up with a few things and now it is MID WEEK. :bugeyed: Time sure does fly!. :)

It did dawn on me that the " ' " I saw could be a part of those accents seen above certain "foreign names" like French, Spanish or German. e.g. Hübner, Sallé ... Cañon.

So, this makes me think you have ties to Europe as well and/or some name(s) in your family are different.

In addition, I saw another dog directly below the boy. Don't know the breed, but a little moppet of a thing and a pedigree type. (I want one).

The "teddy bear shapes" still stand out, so either there is something about teddy bears or if connected to the old male I am wondering if he may have been one way on the outside, but a bit of a teddy bear on the inside.

No more has come through about the older male although I tried, so I would say he only lets certain things be known when he wants them known. Private type in some ways or conservative yet not unfriendly and/or threatening.

Am away this weekend, so am not sure if I will be able to do more. :)

Will see......

The letters "W 'Stone" 1887 seems to connect to the USA ~ curiosity got the better of me as I needed to make sure it was a definite "something" since we can't interact yet.

Now it makes me wonder if there is a connection with you to the USA perhaps or this might be for someone else.

1887 did come more than the letters, but the letters are like a puzzle as not a complete name and why the " ' ".

The only other thing is with the Winston name (playing with it) I did think of Winston Churchill. (Natural I think).

Not saying it is him around you, but someone that may very well have similar traits and/or character.
Intelligent, witty humor, loyal etc etc etc. The elderly man I saw earlier could be the one.

And...what I always forget is the letters might not be for me to figure out. :bugeyed:

I also just saw what looks like the face of a child (boy), a dog like a poodle, and what looks like the shapes of teddy bears.

So, animal spirits or at least a dog may be around you as well, and a boy around or under the age of 10.
Angelic features actually.

As for the teddy bears - new one for me so will leave that for now. :)

Audelia

I love these threads! :) And that picture of the clouds is fantastic. I'll be back later with some insights :)

LittleOne

RiversRunDeep

Path as a writer:

I see a person with a pair of binoculars - they are a small figure amongath the larger picture - I am thinking that there is focused needed when conveying the big picture. I saw a very big mouth but it was closed. You have a lot to say but it isn't coming out the way you want it to! And then I see a person talking into a microphone which I think is saying that you will be able to reach a wider audience in time.

Now this is going to sound really weird... I was shown a vagina and mostly the clitoris. And then straigt after a person's face with their eyes open but mouth covered up. Not entirely sure what this means - perhaps not to censor any part of your writing, if it brings you pleasure, write it and don't fear what people may say.

Audelia

Reading for RiverRunsDeep

Hi River,

How are you? I hope you’re keeping well. I was instantly drawn to your question and I think that’s because I’m a writer myself. I definitely identified with wanting to know where this path would take you.

I’m being bold and sneakily looking at this while in work, so apologies if this reading is a little all over the place. As soon as I connected with the image, a host of things started flooding into my mind.

The first thing they want me to mention to you is the fact that when you’re writing you have the amazing talent to get into the ‘flow.’ This feeling is powerful that sometimes it feels as though you’re not even the one that’s writing! You’re definitely being guided to write and create. I see you surrounded by two very prominent guides (or angels) who are encouraging you with this.

I get the phrase “Trust your talents” – they tell me that you were given this talent for a reason and that you need to trust in yourself more.

They highlight your throat chakra to me and say that it’s a bit blocked. An easy way to help clear this is to get an energy healing (maybe Reiki if you feel inclined?) or to sing or place a piece of Blue Lace Agate on your throat every time you write.

Okay wow, they show me that your main talent as writer is in the fact that you’re a very descriptive writer. Your detail in your stories is so realistic and vibrant – I don’t think this is the first time that you’ve been told this. They’re telling me to mention it to you again as confirmation. I hope it makes sense.

They show me a person sitting at a laptop computer with white light pouring out of their heart and onto the keys. The message that I get with this image is that you’re not to be afraid of the strong emotions you feel while writing, just let it all pour out. These emotions will help your art. Trust yourself. Trust in your ability.

I feel you’re very self critical. Do you have the tendency to delete a lot of pages or do a lot of rewrites? I get the phrase “Don’t be afraid of the first draft.” The first draft is simply a way to get your thoughts down onto paper, so just let the emotion and feeling pour out and don’t worry about how it reads. Just get it done.

I see a small child who was often hushed or told to be quiet or told that they had “a very strong imagination” but this was meant in a negative way. Did this happen to you when you were younger? I think this may be why you’re currently experiencing a block or not knowing what step to take next.

I feel as though you’re on a long road and sometimes it may feel as though you’re not making much progress as a writer, but you really are. You’re heading for far greater things. You will write a book, you just have to get out of your own way first.

Some random things I saw in the cloud that may or may not make sense – the colour yellow and some balloons – do you have a significant birthday coming up this year? I also see green and they tell me that when you write, they take you up into your higher, more spiritual chakras (that’s the ‘in the flow’ feeling you get) but you need to ground yourself afterwards so meditate or sit in nature.

They also say that you need to nourish yourself more. I’m not sure if they mean with your physical diet or on a more spiritual level.

I hope this helps River and best of luck with your writing. It’s not an easy road but it is a worthwhile one :)

RiverRunsDeep

Thanks, guys!

LittleOne and Audelia,

Thank you so much for taking the time to scry for me. I look forward to giving you both my feedback!

RiverRunsDeep

Feedback for EvMaeve

Well, EvMaeve, I don't think there's any need for you to feel "silly", and I would say you definitely have something to draw on besides the tarot.

The name Steve....
Unfortunately, this is not a name I connect with. Maybe this is someone I have yet to meet?

The color purple.....
The movie of this name is a longtime favorite of mine, though I wouldn't say it had an influence on me or my writing. The literal color purple has been my favorite since childhood, and I use amethysts fairly regularly with tarot and for dreamwork. I have also been told that St. Germaine (the keeper of the violet flame) is one of my spirit guides.

The heart and the volcano.....
You are right on the money here! Writing is my deepest passion and yes, I have unfortunately and unhealthily been suppressing it. That all began in college, when I turned my back on professional writing studies for something more "practical" that I knew would bring in a steady paycheck. I thought there would always be time for writing "later", but......it hasn't happened.

Large knobby hands.....
I don't feel a connection with the Steve or arthritis association. But it makes perfect sense in regards to the patience, diligence, and slowness of the writing process. Thinking of these things deters me from writing because, again, I feel a sense of guilt for spending so much time on something that may not bring in steady pay. It's not so much my feelings about that, as it is worrying about the judgement of others.

Dizziness/nausea/vertigo.....
At the time of your scrying, I had a lot on my plate, lots of worries and anxieties. When I feel that way, the stress builds up into a pain in the side of my neck, which then becomes a lovely tension headache. Not catastrophic by any means, but maybe that is what you were sensing.

The number 3, 3 distinct projects:
1. Reopening my business at a new location
2. Rehabilitating a severely injured knee
3. Figuring out where writing fits in, the elusive third project!

"You can't not do this"......
Thank you so much for this, EvMaeve. I absolutely love this phrase, and will be adopting it as my mantra. I have always felt that I was MEANT to write, that there is a reason I must, so you are right. I can't not do it.

Thank you for taking the time to scry for me! :)