Silver Witchcraft Tarot

Chara

Oh, sorry. That`s interesting news, then!

Do you have some photos of the cards, maybe?

Lo Scarabeo has a lot of pictures up on their facebook page!

This one, in particular, is one of my favourite cards:

https://www.facebook.com/LoScarabeo...0440.-2207520000.1400776448./579996005356697/

This is the Ace of Chalices, which they're using for the branding of the deck. It's very lovely!

https://www.facebook.com/LoScarabeo...0440.-2207520000.1400776448./580823868607244/

AJ

The Silver Witchcraft Tarot isn't a photo deck, it has a very painted look to it. Almost all of those pictures on the google search are from Ellen Dugan's Witches Tarot.

the first three rows in the link as all from the SW deck

Aeric

Franco Rivoli is the artist. Too see more examples look up:

Fire Tarot
Sacred Feminine Tarot
Pagan Lenormand Oracle

Chara

the first three rows in the link as all from the SW deck

Google shows different people varying results based on a number of different things, such as location and search history and whatever other whims they have. It makes linking to google search results tricky, because you can't guarantee others will see the same thing you'll see, or in the same order. It's possible that this extends to images as well.

If daphne got results like mine, where the majority of cards are from Ellen Dugan's Witches Tarot, then it's easy to get the wrong impression of Rivoli's art.

(for example, here are my first three rows: http://i.xomf.com/mbbds.png All black results are the Witches Tarot, red are unrelated to either deck.

http://i.xomf.com/zyyff.png You can see how visible the Witches Tarot are in these results when I black out the Silver Witchcraft deck instead.)

As Aeric mentioned, Franco Rivoli has been busy on a lot of different decks lately! So luckily it's fairly easy to find a lot of examples of his art style. I think that the Silver Witchcraft is my favourite of all the ones he's worked on. I've already preordered the deck on Amazon, and I can't wait for it to get here!

tarotlaura

Another deck I am going to have to put on my wish list! I really like the scans that I've seen so far.

NadaJ

My deck arrived last Friday, and I'm curious to hear others thoughts on this deck. Anyone else have it besides me?

Shade

So my impression of the deck is that it is the Rider Waite with people in robes and pagan jewelry. Is that an unfair assumption? It looks lovely but how deep does the witchcraft aspect go?

Le Fanu

Does it have lots of people?

By that I mean I loved the look of the Book of Shadows (Vol I) deck and when I got it, it felt like 78 court cards. I think with the Witchcraft theme it's tempting to fill with robes and outstretched arms.

It's a deck I'm thinking of buying as I love the artwork but the cards I have seen seem to have a lot of people, like the Book of Shadows deck..

Emily

I've just looked at their facebook page and there are a few sample cards - there does seem a lot of people and not much else on the cards shown - plus I really don't like the Moon card, it's too basic - no impact.

Le Fanu

Was in my local esoteric shop this afternoon and they had this deck in stock - both magnetic boxed kit set and deck only. I've started to be realistic about reading companion books and decided to get the deck only set. I thought if I love it that much I can always buy the kit later and have a back up deck.

First impressions - the box is slightly thicker than other LoS deck boxes. I realised when I opened it that the deck is slightly thicker. Because the cardstock is glossier than normal and has silver edging, it is slightly different from normal LoS decks and as a result the deck when stacked is thicker.

The cards are borderless. It is a very attractive and atmospheric deck with a ritualistic mood, if you know what I mean - poised, robed figures in landscapes, moody skies. I have to say, I really do love Franco Rivoli's artwork. It has a smoothness and richness I like. The colours in this one are very rich and the imagery is sharp. The quality - as usual from LoS - is superb.

As a deck in the hand it is a very beautiful deck. I need to spend more time with it but it is a deck I liked straight out of the box. It feels lush (as in luxurious) and rich. Slight reservation is to do with the (as expected nowadays with anything to do with witchcraft) feminine bias. Witchcraft has come to mean "feminine" - despite all the talk of balance and harmony and yin and yang and equilibrium - witchcraft is largely monopolised by the feminine - which won't bother most tarot readers as they tend to be female - but the deck does feel imbalanced as I suspected it would even before opening it. However, the artwork is so seductive that I feel it is a deck worth spending time with. Court cards have similar poses across the suits - all the Kings and Queens have the same pose - a bit like that other Witches deck! You'd need to know your courts well to read with this deck I think.

So far, so good. I love the borderlessness - this must be LoS' second borderless deck - and with the glossiness (nothing excessive) it is really quite lovely.