Silver Witchcraft Tarot

Linfang

Thanks for your help! I could only pre-order it at Amazon Germany, hope to get it in September...

ravynangel

I ordered the kit several days ago. It looks simple, but beautiful. I was getting along fine with Chrysalis but it's ended up in a drawer now. As a reading deck it's very limited for me. I was never a fan of Lo Scarabeo decks because of the borders. The fact that this is borderless enabled me to purchase it and I am also glad it got mentioned that the cardstock is thicker. Will post here when mine arrives...
deleted :)

Miss Divine

On no really? I have a feeling this could happen to me with the Chrysalis. I was so unsure about purchasing it, and love it now that I have, but wonder if I will feel the same in a few weeks.

Oh well, at least I know my Silver Witchcraft won't end up in a drawer. It feels like one of those decks that you will just love even more as time goes on.

Yes really! Maybe it would be different with a guidebook, but seriously, I don't have the desire to learn a whole new system for just 1 deck.

Did you get the Silver Witch kit or the deck only?? I hate waiting... It's gonna take atleast another week to get here.

Carla

So it sounds like the bloom's off the rose of the Chrysalis for lots of us! Well, I just ordered Silver Witchcraft, so maybe I'll like that one better. :)

Hi everyone. :)

Disa

I still can't decide on the Silver Witchcraft Tarot. The book sounds great, but IDK if I will like the card images. I don't want it to turn out to be a disappointment like the Witches Tarot.

MoonGypsy

I still can't decide on the Silver Witchcraft Tarot. The book sounds great, but IDK if I will like the card images. I don't want it to turn out to be a disappointment like the Witches Tarot.

i was a little on the fence about it, too. But i was looking on Amazon at
exactly the right time, and someone listed a "like new" one at such a great price,
i jumped on it...so at least if i end up trading it, i didn't have as big an investment.
i was looking at a few more images, though, and it think there is a good chance
i am going to like it....at least i am feeling more hopeful. :)

My favorite "craft deck" is the Wicca Moon by far, though...

Le Fanu

I don't know which Witches Tarot you're thinking of but I think the Silver Witchcraft one is better than the other Witches one (bar the Fergus Hall of course :heart: ). Certainly better than the Llewellyn and CG/Harry Potter School one.

ravynangel

Yes really! Maybe it would be different with a guidebook, but seriously, I don't have the desire to learn a whole new system for just 1 deck.

Did you get the Silver Witch kit or the deck only?? I hate waiting... It's gonna take atleast another week to get here.

deleted :)

Disa

I don't know which Witches Tarot you're thinking of but I think the Silver Witchcraft one is better than the other Witches one (bar the Fergus Hall of course :heart: ). Certainly better than the Llewellyn and CG/Harry Potter School one.

The Ellen Dugan one. I really like some of her books, but the images on that deck left me cold. It's really the only deck I ever got where I immediately felt like I wanted to send it back.

Linfang

Got my Kit from Amazon!

So far I had a first look through the cards: As others said, there is a simplicity in delivering the message very clearly. If you love Franco Rivolli's "Fire Tarot" you know what I am talking about.

When I saw the first pictures online, I was not encouraged getting this one - just too many robes for one single deck. Well, they are there, but they do not bother me as much as I thought. Some cards are so stunning that I can forgive the shortcomings. My favorite ones so far are the Aces, Death, Nine of Chalices, Ten of Wands and Eight of Swords. While the Fire Tarot was a very male deck, Silver Witchcraft is heavy on the female side as Le Fanu already mentioned. That's fine with me, but may bother some readers.

I read a good part of the book by Barbara Moore and find it very readable and useful. She explains her idea behind the deck and I can grasp it quite well (Spheres of Existence and Areas of Being for the Majors, seasonal associations for the Minors,...). As it was the case with the Book of Shadows, Part One, I can appreciate the deck better after reading the book.