spreadcloths-do you use one?

mahimaisme

apollonia...thanks for the link..i'm going through it now and enjoying the posts and ideas. thank you.
also, shikhs, i like your knitted spread cloth idea....mind if i borrow it? i'm thinking a knit one won't get as caught up in my cards and won't slip around that much either...
thanks..
mahima.

Mitchichen

i dont have a spread cloth per se...i use an old costume cape i made a fwe years back...one i really disliked.

I like using it now because i can wear it as either a hip scarf or a cloak, and it symbolises (to me) a willingness to incorperate past mistakes with the present, and make somethign positive out of them.

I might paint something on it later, once i decides what want to put.

LTG2201

I sometimes use a dark blue tartan blanket. Other times I just do the spread on my carpet.

Sulis

I always use a spreadcloth..

I like to have a plain, dark background as I think it makes the cards really stand out and 'pop'.

A spreadcloth is good to wrap the cards in as well and offers a bit more protection than just a bag.

I make my own and sell them as part of bag, cloth sets on my website.... I'm thinking of selling cloths on their own, they would be patterned on one side and plain on the other. The cloths I make and use are double-sided cotton cloths - they are usually black on one side and a colour to match the bag that they go with on the other.

a_shikhs

mahimaisme said:
also, shikhs, i like your knitted spread cloth idea....mind if i borrow it? i'm thinking a knit one won't get as caught up in my cards and won't slip around that much either...

Hey mahima,
ofcourse you can borrow mine anytime you want. Infact when we meet up, i can tell my granny to knit one for you. Just tell me your color preferences..:) Im serious..

Baroli

MystiqueMoonlight said:
No I don't use a spread cloth. My decks is always in a pouch but I just never thought of owning a spread cloth.

I don't use a spreadcloth, I use a wood coffee table with rosewood inlay. I like the sound of the cards being shuffled and vibrating off the wood. Outside I think it would probably be wise to have one. But since I don't read outside (or haven't been asked to yet), I haven't felt the need to purchase one.

baroli

Baroli

MystiqueMoonlight said:
No I don't use a spread cloth. My decks is always in a pouch but I just never thought of owning a spread cloth.

I don't use a spreadcloth, I use a wood coffee table with rosewood inlay. I like the sound of the cards being shuffled and vibrating off the wood. Outside I think it would probably be wise to have one. But since I don't read outside (or haven't been asked to yet), I haven't felt the need to purchase one.

baroli

Whoops mods I screwed up. Could you delete this reply? It's posted twice, thanks.

catlin

Please do it!!!

Sulis said:
I'm thinking of selling cloths on their own, they would be patterned on one side and plain on the other. The cloths I make and use are double-sided cotton cloths - they are usually black on one side and a colour to match the bag that they go with on the other.

Yes, please, Sulis, do them one side patterned and one side plain. That would be cool!!!!

Psyndi

mahimaisme, Thanks for the Question and Thanks for the answers!

Having never used a cloth, I could not see the use. The protection from both dirt and distration really makes a point.

Guess it's time to get busy. I have enough decks that making bags and cloths to match could be a timeconsuming hobby.

fantasymoon

I don't use anything in particular when a lay my cards. But your question has made me question myself about a spreading cloth. Maby I should get one, just for that special feeling?
But I usually lay the cards on a bed or the sofa, wich is comfy enough and clothing enough I think. :p
How ever, If I do decide to get one. I will most likely make it myself. Mostly because I like making these kinds of things myself...