spreadcloths-do you use one?

Witch_hazel

Where would you reccommend acquiring spreadcloths from? IQuestion to anyone at all x

Tabby

I use spreadcloths. I only have two of them, both of which that I got on E-Bay with a tarot bag. Right now, I mainly read at home for myself. But, I use the spreadcloth to protect the cards from dirt, etc., that may be lurking around. Anyway, it just makes me feel better using it.

Merenwen

Witch_hazel said:
Where would you reccommend acquiring spreadcloths from? IQuestion to anyone at all x

Sullis :p I've looked on her website and they are wonderfull. When I get paid I will be ordering.

Or make them yourself. At the moment I'm looking around for some nice fabric. I've got a sewing machine and lots of Crossstich patterns and beads. All depends if you want to be creative.

mysticmonkey

I recently bought my first spread cloth as I wanted to protect the cards while reading and to designate the space for the cards. I often read while sat on the bed and the busy pattern of the duvet cover can be a little distracting.

I bought my spread cloth from tarottotes.com and they sent my item quickly and had good communication which is particularly reassuring when you are ordering from overseas.
My cloth is a gorgeous purple velveteen and the cards look fab against it. The only problem is that now I realise how much cat hair is actually on my bed so I've started ready on the dinning table as now I have to protect the cloth as well. :)

Sheri

My personal preferance is to use a spreadcloth. My friend who introduced me to Tarot uses a very nice scarf to wrap the cards in as well as a spreadcloth for them.

For me, there is no better way to enhance a connection to a deck than to either make a cloth/bag/box for them or find one for them. I feel it is a way to honor/respect them and the "culture" (for lack of a better word) of Tarot.

Interestingly, I don't feel the same compulsion with the playing cards I took from my Texas Hold 'Em poker set, even though I use them almost daily for cartomancy readings.

The only bad thing is that my collection of decks is growing faster than I can make bags for them! I initially thought I would knit bags for them, but the bags are too bulky (but cool looking with great yarn) and it takes me forever. Now I have invested in a sewing machine, I should be able to catch up.

valeria :)

MoonLitCrystal

I do use a spreadcloth. It's a hot pink/purplish color, and I'm not sure what material it is. All I know is that it's silky and smooth ;)

As for bags, I'm almost embarrassed to admit that right now I'm using two Crown Royal bags. (I also use a Crown Royal box for all of my crystals!) What can I say, Crown Royal is apparently my aunt's favorite drink, so she has a million of them.

I'm definitely going to look for a REAL Tarot bag, and maybe some more spreadcloths.

catlin

MoonLitCrystal said:
IAs for bags, I'm almost embarrassed to admit that right now I'm using two Crown Royal bags. (I also use a Crown Royal box for all of my crystals!) What can I say, Crown Royal is apparently my aunt's favorite drink, so she has a million of them.

No need to feel embarrassed. I remember one catlin who begged her American ATnetties for a Crown Royal bag because she wanted one for her deck. Crown Royal baggies are great tarot baggies :) very inspiring :p

MoonLitCrystal

catlin said:
I remember one catlin who begged her American ATnetties for a Crown Royal bag because she wanted one for her deck.

Well if you ever need one, let me know. My aunt literally has a whole cabinet full of them!

My mom also uses them for her cards, and she even sews little beads on the bottom. ;)