"story cubes" readings

MantraTarot

i was in barnes & noble yesterday and saw this cute little game called "story cubes" and thought it would be an excellent divination tool. it kinda reminded me of the alethiometer meets tibetan dice divination. i was testing the cubes out on a friend yesterday and even let them try to "divine" a few questions too. he did quite well with them and found them to help his intuition and provide accuracy in his answers.

so sign up and i'll try to get to as many as i can.

ETA: how i "do" the readings is just how i'd do my tarot readings or any other divination system. there are 9 di in this game, but i will not use all of the di to answer your questions. i'll just use what ever # "pops" into my head and go from there.

summerbutterfly

MantraTarot said:
i was in barnes & noble yesterday and saw this cute little game called "story cubes" and thought it would be an excellent divination tool. it kinda reminded me of the alethiometer meets tibetan dice divination. i was testing the cubes out on a friend yesterday and even let them try to "divine" a few questions too. he did quite well with them and found them to help his intuition and provide accuracy in his answers.

so sign up and i'll try to get to as many as i can.

MT,

So when you did the alethiometer readings, I had asked about X and our upcoming conference in March. Rockersgurl also confirmed that he will be trying to approach me and to stay away. My question would be why does he want to hurt me ?

poivre

Thanks for the offer! :)

How goes the rest of December for me?

Sounds interesting!
poivre
:)

VenusRising

hehe you better get all you need at Barnes and Noble before it goes out of business ;-(
my question is what does X feel for me?

MantraTarot

summerbutterfly said:
MT,

So when you did the alethiometer readings, I had asked about X and our upcoming conference in March. Rockersgurl also confirmed that he will be trying to approach me and to stay away. My question would be why does he want to hurt me ?

tree / lightning bolt

funny how the tree came out with the lightning striking it, since, in nature, that's what usually happens to the tallest tree in the meadow. :)

i don't think this is saying he'll intentionally try to hurt you, but i'll just be in his nature, like the lightning bolt is attracted to the tree. it wants to be with the tree, but the tree can't avoid it b/c it's rooted in the ground. the lightning is determined and seeks out the defenseless tree, and then in the end it is the tree who suffers the hit.

i think you won't be able to avoid him-- he's going to be too quick and too powerful for you to resist. but if you go into it knowing that he is dangerous and not to trust him, you could possibly avoid him making a "direct" hit and getting closer than he should that day. in order for trees to avoid the lightning, they have to be smaller/not stand out like the other trees. so if you can somehow manage to weave your way in and out of the crowds or make sure you're always with a group of other people during your stay, it may just help you avoid whatever he may indirectly be throwing your way.

i know your question was more so "why", but like i said, this is what the di are saying to you now: "why" doesn't matter-- what matters is, he will, and you just need to avoid letting him make contact with you while you're there, or things may end in disaster.

cherryberry

yes, I have a question as well. Thanks for the generous offer to read for us:)

where will things go with P and me?

MantraTarot

poivre said:
Thanks for the offer! :)

How goes the rest of December for me?

Sounds interesting!
poivre
:)

omg wtf?... :laugh:

there is this one di that showed up and i have no idea what it's supposed to be. looks like a letter or something... but it's not. so... wow. they should really have a list of all the icons in the game, cuz this one is really strange!

well, *assuming* this is a letter, i'm going to say that the rest of your december is going to have a bit of a shock come your way:

"letter" ? / sad face / lightning

i think an invitation to a party or possibly something to do with the holidays is going to have a little bit of an upsetting surprise in store for you. the news is going to come out of nowhere, so if you prepare yourself now and go into the last bit of this month knowing that even the most perfectly planned things can sometimes not work out, you won't be too terribly upset with the outcome.

MantraTarot

VenusRising said:
hehe you better get all you need at Barnes and Noble before it goes out of business ;-(
my question is what does X feel for me?

they are going out of business for real? :(

plane / castle

he feels you are bit hard to reach. but he's determined to get to know you better and do it by any means possible.

TractJM

What the heck happened last night?

Seriously. That was my question. I KNOW what happened..but I don't KNOW what happened. I'll give good feedback and a cookie..and anything else you want :D

MantraTarot

cherryberry said:
yes, I have a question as well. Thanks for the generous offer to read for us:)

where will things go with P and me?

weathervane

haha! how apropos! looks like they will go everywhere and anywhere. it's going to be a bit of a rollercoaster ride of emotions for you two. one day you'll be together, the next day you won't, one day you'll fight, the next day you'll be whispering sweet nothings into one another's ear... it's going to be all over the place. never a dull moment, that's for sure.