Tarot and being a Medium - I urgently need your opinions‏

Hooked on TdM

umbigo said:
Due to a simply horrible (and persistent) insomnia problem, yesterday I was talking to a Reki therapist.

I highly suggest you see a doctor and rule out any physical causes first.

umbigo said:
After a Reiki session, she told me the same thing that other therapists already told me: that I am a medium.

When I asked for her opinion about Tarot reading, she absolutely forbade me of touching my tarot deck before I recover my own "balance". For that, I must do a Reiki initiation, meditate and work a lot on Reiki.

Well, to recover my balance completely it can take a year or more...

Okay now if we switched the words Reiki with any other word like Tarot reading, Aura work etc.. it would be a scam. This is a total crock. It sounds just like the whole you have negative energy/bad spirits and we can cleanse it for $$$ but don't touch those Tarot Cards! How the heck would she know if your a medium or not? And the only one that would know your out of balance is you. Also forbidding you of touching your cards? OMG. I don't care how much money she does or doesn't want. You've been fed a line. Don't believe a word of it. This person gives Reiki a bad name!

Hooked

tarotlyn

umbigo said:
Curious... My sign is Libra. And my Moon is in Gemini.
ahhhhh...both air signs...the mind never turns off! But at least Libra
sometimes can absolutely think totally about "nothing"...I mean they can
clean their minds so well and be still. But the Gemini Moon...not so easily tamed!!!

How do I know that? I have a Gemini Moon also and my mind is always "on the go" lol :laugh:

I don't get many hours of sleep either...so I don't try to focus on it...
I just get back up...get on AT...or read a good Tarot book...or look at Tarot
cards, and ESPECIALLY do a LOT of very deep revealing Tarot readings...as it
is soooo quiet in the middle of the night for that, depending on where you live.
Lemons = Lemonade:bugeyed:

ETA: NO ONE COULD EVER TAKE MY TAROT CARDS AWAY FROM ME...EVER!!!:eek:

M-Tarot-M

IMO no one should ignore both avenues when it comes to health so seek medical advice and continue with the spiritual homeopathic options like Reiki, yoga, Tai Chi, routinely get a massage, soak in a bath or hot tub, meditate, exercise, eat right, drink plenty of water, make sure you have something to love around.....if not a person(s) an animal preferably something you can touch (unlike a goldfish). I've gone through a Reiki program and am certified level II I guess. It will not interfere with any of these other paths. I think this woman just believes Reiki is The Important Avenue sort of like someone who is really into being a veggan.

Good luck

umbigo

I have an appointment with a neurologist, for next month, and also with a chinese medicine doctor. Meanwhile, I went to my doctor and I am taking 1/3 of Triticum and 1 Zolpidem a night. I didn't want to take more pills, but I feel defeated by my tiredness.

franniee

umbigo said:
Curious... My sign is Libra. And my Moon is in Gemini.

You can't quiet your mind! That is what the problem is. You are going over things from this point of view and then from the opposite point of view and then scrutinizing it to the nth degree - over and over and over again! You must quiet your mind. My merc, moon and mars are in libra!

When I was younger I always had trouble falling asleep....it would take me hours - EVERY night! It didn't stop until I met my husband so suffice it to say this went on for a couple of decades! :bugeyed: What I would do when it got very bad was to lay in bed and focus on something. In my mind's eye I would envision clouds floating by....if my mind wandered I would bring it back to the clouds! or I would imagine BLACK nothingness!!! same thing bring it back OR I would play a dream I wanted to come true.... the story would make me fall asleep...the story is hard though.... because it could keep you up.

As for the tarot - I agree with the others.... and want to add it looks like you are from portugal which I believe is a largely catholic country.....the reiki person is imposing their strict catholic background on you.... I am sure of it! Disregard that comment and do what you feel is right.... GROUNDING is very very important and clearing yourself.

BEst of luck to you!!

re-pete-a

When the use of fear is used as a lever to produce a result, then the advice should be taken with a pinch of salt. They are trying to influence an outcome for an advantage , and nullify your own personal power. More treatment ??
It also seems that they're trying to put their beliefs into your mind. Don't !

umbigo

Hello,

I will continue with my Tarot work. And I decided not to follow the path of this Reiki teacher. I thinks she created her own "Reiki line" and wants people to follow her.

My Reki master, the one who gave me level 1, suggested that I did a meditation so other people's energies won't mix with mine when I read Tarot cards.

Thank you all.

GreenMoonBeam

umbigo said:
Well, it was a manner of speaking... She advised me (and insisted on this advice) not to do readings until I felt somehow "balanced".

There is actually a difference then. Not touching your Tarot (at all seemed
implied) and not reading until you are {more} balanced are not the same.
Regardless, you have the choice to be as you should be in a way viable for
your needs. It seems you are still finding your road of life.
B*B

GMB!

Dancing Bear

umbigo said:
Hello,

Due to a simply horrible (and persistent) insomnia problem, yesterday I was talking to a Reki therapist. After a Reiki session, she told me the same thing that other therapists already told me: that I am a medium.

When I asked for her opinion about Tarot reading, she absolutely forbade me of touching my tarot deck before I recover my own "balance". For that, I must do a Reiki initiation, meditate and work a lot on Reiki.

Well, to recover my balance completely it can take a year or more...

I urgently need to know what you think about this. Are there any more mediuns out there? What do you do before reading cards in order not to get other people's bad energies?

I feel so lost... :-(

Regards, Kitty *

I also tune into spirit and do medium work, and read Tarot
I read for 7 people all up today, I dont need to protect myself at all, I am just reading the cards..
when i do spirit work , then i do spirit work , I then do a grounding and a protection..
Most of my clients i dont need to protect myself from..well i would say 99% thay are all lovely people.. their energy is a must for me to work with to do a reading.. so i dont protect myself against my clients,
If I do protect myself i protect myself when i do spirit work, because i dont know how strong or weak the relatives i am tuning into are..
too strong can leave me depleted of energy.. I am not there to conjure up anything bad.. and it is highly unlikely i will encounter it..

If you work mainly with depressed people then i would try find ways to not get too emotionally attached to it all and yes then i would also protect myself.. personally it is not often I come accross this. only on the odd occasion, never really needed to protect though..

The Reiki lady makes being a medium is a big bad thingy..
I know i am not grounded half the time.. I know my energy needs working on quite a bit at times, and it is hard to take the time to get myself in balance..
But it doesnt affect my readings, as a tarot reader or medium..

I agree with so many posts here... run for the Hills !! LOL!!
this reiki Lady sounds like she is only after your money more than anything.. in turn, stunting you , developing with your medium skills and Tarot ..

Warning Bells obviously went off with you , hence this thread...
Listen to them!!