Themes or Styles MISSING from Decks

greatdane

NOW you've done it, HearthCricket!

I would definitely be interested in Wind in the Willows and Sherlock Holmes. HUGE SHERLOCK HOLMES FAN!

Laura Borealis

I was thinking of a Dickens tarot just the other day, HearthCricket. I agree with more literature-based tarots.

I'd also like a Zen Buddhist tarot with art that is based on Japanese woodcuts.

greatdane

Hi Laura!

I just got Roots of Asia gifted by a geneous ATer (thanks Glitterbird!). I would welcome seeing another Buddhist-inspired deck.

Chiska

Oh, Good Grief - I double posted!! Yikes. I will surely be prodded by a mod?

My 'houlas are naughty, just like any 'houla worth its salt!

They aren't "everywhere," but they are spreading. After Katrina, there were many who were shipped out to homes in the North. They were already here as they were used for cattle and for bear/cougar hunting. My girl is from Texas, and she is a little Texas cow-dog.

Queen of Disks

Dinosaurs! The only cards I know of with dinosaurs are a few in the LS Dragon Tarot and the Chariot in the Quest Tarot and that's pretty much about it. (Which is in my opinion, the greatest Chariot card ever. As the Internet meme says: "My Chariot is a flying saucer pulled by dinosaurs. Your argument is invalid.")

greatdane

Well, Queen of Disks

I admit I had not thought of the under abundance of dinosaurs in decks. I knew of dragons, but I know not quite the same thing. Dinosaurs certainly can't be OVER represented in decks, at least I haven't seen a bunch of them.

nisaba

Why isn't there an ASCII-art Tarot? Or, indeed, a dot-matrix printer text-only Tarot? Or a DOS Systems Tarot? - the Tower could be the Belfry Card, with .bat files flying out of it as kit gets zapped by a power surge ...

nisaba

Queen of Disks said:
Dinosaurs!
What do you think dragon decks are? The dragons we Europeans know originated in mythology with the Ancient Romans digging supernaturally big bones out of the earth. I've "talked" to dragons, and yes, they are dinosaurs. And "talked" to dinosaurs and their remnant living relatives (the Coastal Banded Blue-tongue springs to mind), and yes, they think they are dragons.

Chiska

nisaba said:
Why isn't there an ASCII-art Tarot? Or, indeed, a dot-matrix printer text-only Tarot? Or a DOS Systems Tarot? - the Tower could be the Belfry Card, with .bat files flying out of it as kit gets zapped by a power surge ...

I MUST HAVE THIS DECK!! Hurry up and create it. :)

And remember, all the card titles MUST be no longer than 8 characters...
Or UNIX - that would be cool...
The Emperor - would be the File System - bringing order and structure

Laura Borealis

nisaba said:

A pixel art tarot!
...oh wait, it exists... xD