Are you a Flat World Society Member?

Ross G Caldwell

Message deleted

Fulgour

delete (please and thank you!)

Umbrae

Whooooooo Weee, what a long strange trip its been (daja vu?)

listen…tarot…tarrochi…the game…it’s a game.

Without differences of opionion, one cannot play a game. Horse races vanish. Poker vanishes, bridge becomes unbidable…

but what keeps them alive – is that in a game – you and I are provided with data sets – and we understand that we are going to disagree on the data sets.

Further, we understand that we are involved in a zero sum game or a non-zero sum game.

a forum is not a zero sum game.

umbrae pushes his chips towards the center of the table…”I’m all in…ana mish khoaga siddiq. Maalish, inshallah bukara.... Af 'em - ana mish bitkillim..."

:smoker:

There's this guy - Dan Pelletier...he always tells me, "Differences in opinion are what make card games, horse races, and politics..." I think he's a tad dense...

Huck

Umbrae said:
Whooooooo Weee, what a long strange trip its been (daja vu?)

listen…tarot…tarrochi…the game…it’s a game.

Actually it reminds me ... did anybody of you play ever Tarot as a game?

kwaw

Huck said:
Actually it reminds me ... did anybody of you play ever Tarot as a game?

Not the sort of game their playing...

Kwaw

le pendu

I've never played with other players, but did buy the Mac OS X version of the game of Tarot, and have enjoyed playing it. I am VERY much an amateur.

http://www.letarot.net/

best,
robert

MikeTheAltarboy

Tarot is the hottest game every. And I'm its evangelist. I teach it to everyone I can, and it's almost always well recieved. We tend to play according to the Slovenian rules, as they seem to be the least baroque.

kwaw

Umbrae said:
Further, we understand that we are involved in a zero sum game or a non-zero sum game.

a forum is not a zero sum game.

Wheres that come from again? Eric what's his name? The transactional analysis fellor? Games people play type of thing? Or was it someone else?

Kwaw

Fulgour

So far as Tarot being or ever having been a game
I think the usual pattern goes something like this:

1) The historian contends that tarot was a game.
2) The historian researches the oldest cards and,
3) Tarot is dismissed as but an historical curiosity.

But we the living can see the Tarot in action now,
and exactly so we can see it used for Divination...

Some people can only see what they can touch,
but others can touch what no one else can see.