Cat Decks?

greatdane

Dear TarotFolk, I am looking for a great cat deck. I DID do a search and, surprisingly, nothing came up under just cat decks. Yes, I know about BBC, Tarot of the Cat People, White Cats, Medieval Cats, even the upcoming Pagan Cats due out later this year. All very nice, but not what first comes to mind in a cat deck for me. I'm looking for a very elegant natural cat tarot deck. ATers have always come through when asked about certain decks. I know some of you must know about more cat decks than are commonly written about here. Thoughts?

Thanks and blessings,

GD

Le Fanu

What's that Meneghello one? Meneghello are always elegant...

MysticalMoose

I Gati ????

:)

greatdane

Thank you, Le Fanu and M-M

Checking those both out now.

GD

greatdane

AH, Now I remember...

Il Gatti is majors only from what I see. It is actually offered in a mini deck on Amazon, but mini and majors only and I was looking for full deck. YOU ARE RIGHT, very elegant though! That's definitely more the route I wanted to go with a cat deck. Here's the link to Amazon if anyone DOES want this mini deck http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0880792973/ref=nosim/aeclectic/

GD

Vesper

I like this unpublished deck:

http://www.catdocmaine.com/mytarot/Javascript/catseye_java.html

The artist has finished all the cards, but there is no word yet on if or when they will ever be printed. I don't know if it qualifies as elegant. I see it more as a down-to-earth deck, created by someone who really knows cats.

There is also the Kissa Tarot, which is quite charming.

lunakasha

greatdane said:
All very nice, but not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for a very elegant cat tarot deck.

I am looking forward to the Cat's Eye Tarot, which I believe has been completed but has not been published yet.

I love the artwork, and it was the first deck that came to mind when you mentioned wanting an "elegant cat deck." It is beautifully done, and the cats are shown in natural poses and settings.

:) Luna

ETA: looks like evelone and I posted at the same time! :laugh:

greatdane

Greetings Evelone!

That is a lovely deck. I had seen it before, but saw it was unpublished. My favorite is the Moon! I had emailed regarding Kissatarot, but never heard back. Both of those are lovely and not quite as cutesy as many (NOT that there is anything wrong with a cutesy or tongue-in-cheek cat deck! I just wanted a more feline-feeling deck!). I KNOW there are TONS of TarotFolk who adore felines and wondering why there are not even more cat-themed decks, particularly elegant, regal ones.

Thanks, Evelone! I DO love those pix and am hanging on to the link. I hope they do get published one day.

GD

nisaba

Kissatarot?

What do you mean, precisely, by elegant? I would have thought the Mediaeval and the BBC could both be described as elegant.

greatdane

Hmmm?

Elegant cardstock, well done, but can we not agree cats in clothes are, well, cute and meant to be a bit tongue-in-cheek? I DID say those decks were lovely, but not the style I was looking for. Kissatarot is very folksy to me, beautiful (in fact, I had emailed to see if any were still available at one time), but a cute deck. I'm not undermining the quality of the decks, but I was look for a more elegant TONE than most cat decks out there. I ADORE cats, which is why I wanted something a little more regal and natural (most cats I have seen portrayed in clothes lose a bit of their natural, wild appeal).