Cat Decks?

Storm82

greatdane said:
Well, an elegant cat deck probably wouldn't be "bent elbows, martinis and tight-fitting clothing" :)) I'm thinking of just very lovely, natural-looking cats, not in clothes (which so many seem to be dressed in, BBG, Medieval, White Cats). Most decks seem determined on being "cute" or funny, meant to make the reader go, ooooh, how cute, rather than just beautiful cat drawings. So, my idea of an elegant cat deck would be just that, elegant, beautifully drawn cat pictures in more natural settings, like one would see in one's home or outside, without cutesy connotations. In other words, how cats really seem to be.

I have also been looking for such a deck (I love cats) but it seems like all decks have cats with clothes.

Freddie

Pagan Cats Tarot is due to come out by Lo Scarabeo.

Freddie

Kissa

I have 4 Kissa Tarot left from the bunch I bought last year. They are 28 euros plus shipping and after that I will not buy any more because it is too much hassle. I paid everything in advance with my visa card and bloody Paypal decided I own a private business when they noticed people sent regularly money to my paypal account.

But that's pretty OT.

As for elegant, well all tastes are in nature but I'd say:
Medieval cat Tarot is elegant and smart,
Kissa tarot is beautiful, dreamy and deep,
Tarot for Cats is funny and the book with it hilarious
Gatti by Il Meneghello is classy but almost to classy to read with, it's like washing the laundry with your Rollex
Le Tarot du Chat is underestimated
Cat's Eye tarot is probably the most catty, I find the pics really nice, a proper study of the feline behavior. How does it work for tarot readings, I dunno...
Pagan Cats tarot has me in-between. All cats are pagans per se...

maybe more later if something else comes to my mind...

ilweran

Le Tarot du Chat might be worth a look, although it does have cats in human dress it also has more natural looking cats as well.

gregory

If Kissa still has Kissa decks - that is your answer.

Cos you'll find it VERY hard to get after she runs out (I speak as one who went it alone and had to send CASH (quite a lot) in the mail.....

strings of life

Fun thread. What is deemed elegant by one may not be for another though. Leave it to subjectivity.

I am finally going to be a proud owner of a Kissatarot (via a trade with Kissa) from a thread I have in the Trading Forun, and am so pleased. I was telling her how it was one of those decks I dismissed as apppearing to cutesy and shallow (gasp), but it turns out that it grew on me. I love the way the cats are depicted and one of my cats is a splitting image of the black and white Tuxedo cat! Anyway, it will be with me sometime in July.

I Gatti is lovely to look at, and elegant in my eyes, but I don't use it. In fact, I want to get the cards framed somehow, but since I'm afraid to damage them, I may have to get a second copy.

Tarot for Cats has been recommended to me. But, greatdane, that's Majors Only.

Another cat deck (not completed) that I have my eyes on
is Lorena B. Moore's (creator of the Ironwing) Black Cat Deck. It is a playing card Oracle deck. On my radar. Want it.

OctoberGwen

Kissa said:
I have 4 Kissa Tarot left from the bunch I bought last year. They are 28 euros plus shipping and after that I will not buy any more because it is too much hassle.

I am PMing you, Kissa.

Libra8ca

aurarcana said:
Another cat deck (not completed) that I have my eyes on
is Lorena B. Moore's (creator of the Ironwing) Black Cat Deck. It is a playing card Oracle deck. On my radar. Want it.

That's a cool deck! I want it too :bugeyed: *bookmarked*
I actually find the Cat People tarot quite elegant and it's my favourite cat deck along with the BBC!!

Vesper

omigosh, that Lorena Moore deck is amazing!

And I love the artist's cat mug shots at the bottom of the page. They all look guilty of something, especially the one on the far right.

I guess it's a good thing for my bank account that neither this deck nor the Cat's Eye are even close to a publishing date, but I'll be keeping a watch for both of them.