Cruel Thing Deck, just got it!

strings of life

This deck is growing on me and I may just cave in an order it. I'm a new fan of graphic novels, so this has caught my eye. I love the color scheme and art work!

Le Fanu

fantastic link, Luciano. Great to see Cruel Thing in action! There 's great energy and theatricality in your artwork. Spectacular. I can read Spanish (well, kind of, via Portuguese!) so I can sort of understand most of it...

shadowomyn

I saw the deck at Tarobear too. If the minors were illustrated I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Lillie

essentially they are illustrated.

As has already been pointed out, if you know the RWS minors, then these are them, stripped to the bare minimum, but still totally recognisable.

It's one of the cleverest things I've seen.

shadowomyn

I took a look at the minors. I understand what you mean, but I still consider them to be, essentially, unillustrated. (But at least they aren't arranged blandly in a row.)

Lillie

Well, I suppose everyone has different ideas as to what constitutes illustrated pips.

I do have this deck and in person the minors are amazingly powerful.

It's not that I don't like the majors and the courts, I do.
They are incredible images.
But there is something about the minors that really gets me.
I thought I wouldn't like the minors much, as the illustrations are so minimal, but in person they are strangely compelling.

Everything unnecessary stripped away, just the bare bones of the images left.

Wonderful.
I am gobsmacked by them.

But I suppose not everyone will agree with me.
They never do...

Golden Moon

If only the 1-10 pipes were illustrated with images, rather than their assigned suits I'd buy it:(.

gregory

Lillie said:
Yeah. They ARE illustrated :D

You want to see unillustrated pips, look at a TdM....