Decks for reading for college students?

shadowdancer

I am not sure you can really suggest an appropriate deck. I worked in a college, and it is hard to really cater for all tastes.

You say you have the Anna K and the RWS as your staples. So, you have the one that set the scene, one that has emerged from that initial scene. Good choices.

If I were to take a deck in to my ex-college students, I would go modern. Either my Bright Idead deck or the Today's Journey deck. I would try to engage them as much as I could, and that sort of imagery could elicit discussions etc. If I took in some historically esoteric stuff, I know there would be a risk I would be doing all the talking, and possibly to blank faces.

Just my tuppenyworth :)

shadowdancer

oh and another vote for the Darkana. That could definitely appeal, and boys would also find it cool.

greatdane

Thanks for that, Davina!

I don't do a lot of readings and this is the Midwest, but there are the "closet" non conformists lol. I don't think I've seen the Darkana, I know I've heard it mentioned, I must go check it out. It's funny because what people of any age might have liked when I lived in L. A. and what flies in the Midwest, esp in a small town, well, it is a kind of different culture. But open minded people are open minded people wherever you find them.

shadowdancer

check out images here on AT for any of the decks recommended. Not sure Darkana will be there, but I know if you just do a google search many images from that deck will come up.